need dimensions for SDA 2B real wood

Options
danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited September 2007 in Vintage Speakers
anyone have or know where I can get the dimensions for the SDA2B real wood ?

I have a pair of SDA 2A's, but wanted to know if the 2B's are the same dimensions or not.

I need the info by tomorrow morning.

:)
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited September 2007
    Options
    From looking in the Compendium, it gives them as 39-5/8" high X 16-6/16" wide X 11-1/2" deep for the SDA 2B's.

The 2A's show as being 39-1/2" high X 16" wide X 12" deep. Was that the info you were looking for?
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited September 2007
    Options
    SDA 2B weight:
    Weight: 80 lbs. regular cabinet, 65 lbs. studio version cabinet.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • avguytx
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Raife, have I ever mentioned how much your book comes in handy? :D Money well spent for me!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2007
    Options
    Yes you have.:D However, most folks aren't hardcore SDA enthusiasts like you and me.;)
  • danger boy
    edited September 2007
    Options
    yes thanks for the info... i didn't know if they were the same size as my 2A's or not.. and i had a feeling since they are real wood, they'd be heavier too.

DK, i'll PM you about the compendium finally. :)
  • avguytx
    edited September 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    DK, i'll PM you about the compendium finally. :)

Now, do know that I wasn't trying to be sarcastic! ;)
  • danger boy
    edited September 2007
    Options
    avguytx, i keep putting off ordering the compendium from DK... sometimes I have SDA's in the house.. and other times I don't. but now that I know i'll be keeping some SDA's in the house from now on.. i'll finally order it. ;)
  • danger boy
    edited September 2007
    Options
    i got the SDA compendium in the mail today. Wow.. impressive.. I've got some serious reading to do now.

Where are my reading glasses?? :p;)
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited September 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    i got the SDA compendium in the mail today. Wow.. impressive.. I've got some serious reading to do now.

Where are my reading glasses?? :p;)

I finally ordered mine a week or so ago and I thought the same thing, very well put together. I haven't read it from cover to cover yet, but one thing missing that I was hoping might be in there is an indepth comparison of the different MW drivers used through out the product life span. Just like all the info on the various tweeters

I know the 1C's used the more expensive edge wound voice coil drivers used in the SRS models. Info like that is always interesting.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    I haven't read it from cover to cover yet, but one thing missing that I was hoping might be in there is an indepth comparison of the different MW drivers used through out the product life span. Just like all the info on the various tweeters

I actually wanted to include a table that listed the electrical parameters of all drivers and tweeters used in the SDA series. Polk considers such information proprietary and would not release it. SDA's are often found for sale with switched drivers and tweeters. A comparative chart listing sonic characteristics and electrical parameters would have illustrated why such switching is a very bad idea.

The tweeters used in the SDA series all look different and have very different sonic characteristics and DC resistances. It is easy to tell them apart visually and sonically, therefore more detailed electrical information really was not necessary to distinguish them from each other.

In the case of the MW drivers, they all look alike and some of them have identical DC resistance. Some MW drivers sound very similar to other MW drivers and some sound identical on some musical material. Without more being able to distinguish between electrical parameters, a comparative table of the MW drivers would have been of limited use.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,091
    edited September 2007
    Options
    I actually wanted to include a table that listed the electrical parameters of all drivers and tweeters used in the SDA series. Polk considers such information proprietary and would not release it.

That was just a very minor quibble and I figure that Polk might not have been willing to make that info available. The compendium IS the SDA bible and a very impressive boby of work. People who intend to get one and wait until it's too late will be kicking themselves.

Any thoughts on scanning it and putting it on disc in .pdf format or similar? I know that makes copyright infrigement much easier, but it would certainly keep the investment down in the future when all the hard copies are gone.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited September 2007
    Options
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on scanning it and putting it on disc in .pdf format or similar?H9

I do not plan to publish the Compendium in an electronic format. Much of the information contained in the Compendium is already published in electronic format on the Polk forum and elsewhere.