WTH is going on around here?

13»

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    snow wrote: »
    I think it was Mox or Pox or perhaps Smallpox :D whatever his name was.

He got banned for telling someone, Heiney9 I think. that he was a piece of s**t and that he coud drop them at 300 yards with his rifle.

REGARDS SNOW

Uhhhh......wow.
  • carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    whatever comes out of this, nobody touches the testeful babe thread. hell, you can throw out speakers for all I care . LEAVE THE **** OUT OF THIS.:p
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited September 2007
    Nevermind...

This post now for Rent - for further information, please contact McLoki via polk audio.

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007
    I see alot of people on here saying how Candy let them demo some of his gear or sold them some nice stuff. Sounds like a nice member.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited September 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    Sounds like a nice member.

I think he was a member.............especially to those that didn't want to succumb to his whacked out paranoid, delusional, view of the world as seen through his Fox Mulder fan club binoculars............:rolleyes:
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007
    I think he was a member.............especially to those that didn't want to succumb to his whacked out paranoid, delusional, view of the world as seen through his Fox Mulder fan club binoculars............:rolleyes:

I never really read his posts. I just read some nice things he did. Maybe you should have quoted my whole post. I'll ignore the roll of the eyes. I don't want to blow my chance at the karma.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited September 2007
    He said "Fruitcake!"

Shame, Shame.........:eek:

I'm new here and what I saw was some cat wanting to talk to everybody about energy savings and not audio, which the last time I checked...that's what this site was about. His thread got deleted. He brought it back. Oh well.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited September 2007
    The electric savings thread was started on the premise that he had cut his bill in half in one month, and wanted to challenge everyone to do the same, when his next bill actually doubled wiping out his savings completely, so his claims/results/savings were unfounded, but it didn't stop him from telling others how to live their lives.

The electric savings threads were scoffed at due to his stance on blaming his lifes issues on others in previous threads he started, some of them ending in full thread deletion. He really tends to stir the pot........read on.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53391&highlight=mercury

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49798&highlight=mercury
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • treitz3
    edited September 2007
    It's all coming back to me now....he was "that guy".
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    I remember that parking one clearly!:rolleyes:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited September 2007
    I remember that parking one clearly!:rolleyes:
    You're not the only one.
    If I let things like that get to me, I would have gone postal a long time ago.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dennis Gardner
    edited September 2007
    I want to go on the record as saying that I'm sure that those that have met/dealt with Carl on a personal level find him to be a nice/decent person and I try not to judge someone that I haven't personally met, but consistently paranoid/fringe views tend to alienate after awhile and cause a general distrust.

I hope he finds peace in his life.

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited September 2007
    OK, I have a question.

Are these people given warnings before they are banned. Almost all the cases I've seen warranted instant banning w/o even a warning. But, in this case Candy was increasingly going off the deep end and becoming more and more confrontational and spouting his views every chance he could get.

I'm just wondering if in Candy's case if was ever warned and if so and he ignored the warnings.

New members like MOX and other like him deserve what they get when they are trolling, but Candy seemed to be a well established member who just went off the deep end. Do I understand this situation correctly?

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    I spoke to Carl quite a few times, he purchased one of my clamps and from what I can tell of him from those conversations he was a decent dude. He wrote me in an email after he got banned that he had no idea that it was coming and that he was trying to get a hold of a few people here. I think he was in denial of a few actions he had taken that got him banned.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2007
    Listening to 'The Logical Song' by SuperTramp

Seems to be from a good master, my 320kbps MP3 sounds fantastic.
  • Holydoc
    Holydoc Posts: 1,048
    edited September 2007
    Eeep! So many bans lately.

*looks around to see if I am banned yet*

Whew... thank goodness.

:o

*walks off slowly careful not to tip over anything in the china shop*
    Holydoc (Home Theatre Lover)
    Outlaw -770 (7x200watt) Amplifier
    PolkAudio - RTi12 (Left and Right)
    PolkAudio - CSi5 (Center)
    PolkAudio - FXi3 (Back and Surround)
    SVS - PB-12/Plus (Subwoofer)
    Bluejean Cables - Interconnects
    Logitech Harmony 880 - Remote
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited September 2007
    Holydoc where you been hiding lately?
    good to see you back. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Holydoc wrote: »
    Eeep! So many bans lately.

*looks around to see if I am banned yet*

Whew... thank goodness.

:o

*walks off slowly careful not to tip over anything in the china shop*

Ha ha ha, I felt the same way!!!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,439
    edited September 2007
    But, in this case Candy was increasingly going off the deep end and becoming more and more confrontational and spouting his views every chance he could get.

I'm just wondering if in Candy's case if was ever warned and if so and he ignored the warnings.

I would have to say that the feedback he received from a large number of folks here was the warning.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited September 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    I would have to say that the feedback he received from a large number of folks here was the warning.

If hate mail is the warning sign, I am surprized you go through the effort of logging on each day.... ;)
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,439
    edited September 2007
    I receive nothing but love, thank you very much.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited September 2007
    F1nut wrote: »

Yeah, I am kinda surprised he kept it up.....I think there were posts in those threads that told him to back off a little....He may be a nice guy to deal with personally, but some people can't handle crowds I guess...:confused:
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited September 2007
    Dang, I guess I should let my real abasive personality go, and create some excitement for you all.

Naahhh. I got banned from Soccer Hoolligans, and that was enough for me.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • treitz3
    edited September 2007
    That sounds funny to me....you got banned from a site full of Hoolligans?

You must have put forth quite an effort.:rolleyes:
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited September 2007
    Rivrrat - love your sig!

& I can relate!
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger