WTH is going on around here?

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited September 2007
    Being in the military or law enforcement, hunt, or just like shooting target. Do you want communist government laws. So I guess you want guns and talk of guns banned. Clubhouse is for various discussions.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited September 2007
    I don't get alot of time to log on anymore. Looks like I missed something.
    What did candy do to get the boot? All the things that have been said on here, I didn't think you could get thrown off.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2007
    AALEE wrote: »
    BS, There is no need to include viewers into the raunchy crap that some of you aspire to. Guns? Come on. The only thing guns do is kill, or the thought of. The only thing near naked women appear are where you don't want anyone to see, so why post it? I am not a holy joe by an stretch of the imaginagion, but why bring it here when we can get it elsewhere?

Time to get off your soapbox.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • AALEE
    AALEE Posts: 51
    edited September 2007
    No, of course not. If I were to initiate a new member to the club I would show he/her the positive side of life, that is why they logged onto POLK. To trash **** is like being in tenth grader when the new freshmen arrive. Grow up, unless you are a tenth grader. Why make this obcene? There is so much out there that I can become a part of if I want. I chose this site to be about a connection about POLK AUDIO. Move on others
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    I didn't see anything really warranting getting the boot, either, but I did read something about a deleted post.

And about guns...they SAVE lives, too, 'cause a lot of times the bad guy has one as well. Not to mention the recreational uses.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited September 2007
    AALEE, this is the Clubhouse. "A place to relax and talk about your day."
    Maybe you'll be happier in the 2ch, electronics, or movies/music forums?
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited September 2007
    AALEE wrote: »
    BS, There is no need to include viewers into the raunchy crap that some of you aspire to. Guns? Come on. The only thing guns do is kill, or the thought of. The only thing near naked women appear are where you don't want anyone to see, so why post it? I am not a holy joe by an stretch of the imaginagion, but why bring it here when we can get it elsewhere?

What :confused: are you:confused: talking about?:confused:
  • engtaz
    edited September 2007
    aaharvel wrote: »
    AALEE, this is the Clubhouse. "A place to relax and talk about your day."
    Maybe you'll be happier in the 2ch, electronics, or movies/music forums?

Well put. Vintage, FM, and helping answer questions and give input to others is other things to do in this forum. Clubhouse is almost for any topic. If it is bad, the forum will take care of it.
    engtaz

• shack
    edited September 2007
    We don't need you to come here and tell the people who have been around MUCH LONGER and contributed MUCH MORE to Club Polk than you how they should act on this internet forum. There are many here who enjoy firearms, scantily dressed women (or men :rolleyes:), cars, boats, motorcycles, alcohol, etc...in additon to audio...and dicuss all of those topics from time to time. Don't like it, feel free to ignore the posts, go somewhere else, put everybody you don't want to read on ignore...but don't **** and moan cause it isn't going ot change just because you don't care for it.

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    Now that this has been taken care of, does anyone know the reason that Carl was banned?
  • engtaz
    edited September 2007
    I don't but I think he was complaining to Justin a lot. Would like to know also. Was passionate but I don't think he threatened anyone, like some have.
    engtaz

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    I think AALEE will be next on the list, if he doesn't tone it down.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    ND13 wrote: »
    I think AALEE will be next on the list, if he doesn't tone it down.

AALEE is probably CL35m, someone should do a quick IP check :D
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited September 2007
    AALEE is probably CL35m, someone should do a quick IP check :D

He joined in July.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    AALEE has had at least one post deleted that I am aware of.
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited September 2007
    NO not candy. That's the guy that sent me a pair of PBJs to demo, which proved to me that cables make a difference.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    NO not candy. That's the guy that sent me a pair of PBJs to demo, which proved to me that cables make a difference.

ok nevermind though, thought it mighta been a top sekrit alias or something.

Sorry AALEE for degrading you like that.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited September 2007
    I love Club Polk. As long as I keep my political & economic views in check, its a great place to hang out!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited September 2007
    I would bet Candy got banned for bothering the mods every day. There's only so many times you can complain that someone is harassing you before people will get annoyed.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2007
    Wow! I have missed a lot! I havent been posting in the Clubhouse much lately and all hell breaks loose!

Im gonna have to check over here more often! Dont want to miss anymore good dust ups.

By my count, thats 3 members that have been banned in the last few weeks and I cant find where they were out of line so much.......and Im afraid to ask!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited September 2007
    shack wrote: »
    We don't need you to come here and tell the people who have been around MUCH LONGER and contributed MUCH MORE to Club Polk than you how they should act on this internet forum. There are many here who enjoy firearms, scantily dressed women (or men :rolleyes:), cars, boats, motorcycles, alcohol, etc...in additon to audio...and dicuss all of those topics from time to time. Don't like it, feel free to ignore the posts, go somewhere else, put everybody you don't want to read on ignore...but don't **** and moan cause it isn't going ot change just because you don't care for it.
    +1111111+

Guess I wont be applying for the lets be nice Karma either.:D

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited September 2007
    Can you come back after you are banned or are you terminated?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • snow
    edited September 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    madmax
    Im pretty sure if its banishment its literal. If you are suspended then you can come back after whatever length of time it is.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited September 2007
    :D ROTFLMAO!!!

(In Arnold's voice) "I'll be back!":D
    madmax wrote: »
    madmax
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    edited September 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    :D ROTFLMAO!!!

(In Arnold's voice) "I'll be back!":D

Ha ha LOL!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    I thought I was up to date until someone said something about guns? Where did that come from?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • shack
    edited September 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I thought I was up to date until someone said something about guns? Where did that come from?
    -Cody

A simple discussion about guns got out of hand due a new guy wanting to "educate" the members regarding their recreational choices. He doesn't line babe threads (tasteful or otherwise) either....here is the now locked gun thread.

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57178

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2007
    So aallee guy and CL got banned, who else?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited September 2007
    Why is it that these heated debates happen when i'm pulling a 16 hr shift at work?
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • snow
    edited September 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    So aallee guy and CL got banned, who else?
    -Cody
    I think it was Mox or Pox or perhaps Smallpox :D whatever his name was.

He got banned for telling someone, Heiney9 I think. that he was a piece of s**t and that he coud drop them at 300 yards with his rifle.

REGARDS SNOW