Shootout in Miami

2»

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited September 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    Don't think at it that way, it will bother you to much. Think of it as just another hater out their. That's why you never drive the same track each day on patrol.

Take care Darla and remember "Just make it through the day of work and go home safely."

I am on the detective list for Domestic Violence and Crime Scene and I am just waiting for either one to call me in. I think 8 years of the road is enough.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited September 2007
    I am on the detective list for Domestic Violence and Crime Scene and I am just waiting for either one to call me in. I think 8 years of the road is enough.

I think you did your dues, good luck!
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited September 2007
    I am used to not being popular as a po po but this was exceptional. The more I play that back and look at the shooter's picture...I think it might have been him.

I hope you're not beating yourself that you could have done something? You'll never know if it was him or not, and I'd hate to see you feel guilty about it. Easy for me to say, I know.

My childhood friend dreamed of being a policeman his whole life. After being an officer for less than 5 years, he was shot and killed after pulling someone over for a traffic violation. Turned out to be a long-standing meth-head.

I wish that you and your colleagues would be paid what pro athletes make, and vice versa. That's what you all deserve for the stress and dedication of the job. Thank you.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited September 2007
    Its good to hear your safe Darla. My deepest sympathies to the fallen officers family and friends. Good luck on your promotion I hope it happens soon.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D