Fun quotes from "For Sale" adds

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited November 2007 in The Clubhouse
I thought this would be a fun subject; have seen many "quotable" adds..

I'll get started with this one:

"This record is used, but in excellent condition. It has scuffs but they are from careful use."

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• carpenter
    carpenter Posts: 362
    edited September 2007
    from a suzuki bike ad:

"I'm selling because it was purchased without the proper consent of a loving wife, Apparently "do whatever the **** you want" doesn't mean what I thought"
    "If the global crisis continues, by the end of the year Only two Banks will be operational, the Blood Bank and the Sperm Bank. Then these 2 banks will merge and it will be called 'The Bloody **** Bank'"
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited September 2007
    carpenter wrote: »
    from a suzuki bike ad:

"I'm selling because it was purchased without the proper consent of a loving wife, Apparently "do whatever the **** you want" doesn't mean what I thought"

That quote is priceless!!!!
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited September 2007
    Must be looking for a Herme :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited September 2007
    Sunfire preamp ad on Ebay

"Next best thing is to use Sunfire's Precision Inverse RIAA network to listen to CDs through its classic vacuum tube phone stage. Digital recording will sound like analog LP."
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    The Audio Research Reference 600 monoblocks are a fling, a one-night stand or a filthily expensive, unforgettable dirty weekend. These babies don't want anything to do with, or even any trace of, a long-term relationship. They could tear your heart apart and leave you broke in the blink of an eye and you would just have to pick yourself up again get on with your life.

If you are still lucky enough to be single and insist on having THE biggest pair of stainless steel testicles in Australia then these mammoth monsters have your name on the shipping label. Providing of course you can pay for them but at less than half the cost of their original new price are you going to complain? Well some of you will I am sure but you know what you can do about that...

Let nobody doubt your manhood ever again with these World Heavy Weight Champions featured prominently in your Hi-Fi room on centre stage.

Much to my disappointment, never have I sold any Reference 600's to a customer that has had a gal to answer to. Too spineless and **** whipped I'm afraid is all too often the case. But there are a few Hardcore Tubeheadz out there that will let no man, woman or child stand in the way of their ultimate listening pleasure. To them; I salute you! We should all have the good manners to stand back and admire their pure and uncompromising dedication to an utterly extravagant and overwhelmingly hardcore indulgence in a world that is growing more mundane and impersonal each and every spirit sapping day. Come home to these perfect REF600 Mk.III monoblocks every night and you will be lifted to another dimension of reality that so few will ever experience in their lifetime it almost makes you feel an ounce of pity for their sad and sorry souls. But nay, I did said; almost.

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2007
    that bike ad made me laugh so loud that my wife came into my office to see what was up...

I told her,"sounds like the boat !"

I still think it`s funny....!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Here is a typical ebay ad.

Inside the ad it states:

"We highly recommend our buyers to purchase insurance for your items, we will be not responsible for any lost or damaged items."

At the bottom of the ad it states:

"Shipping insurance
    Not offered"

Go figure.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited September 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    The Audio Research Reference 600 monoblocks are a fling, a one-night stand or a filthily expensive, unforgettable dirty weekend. These babies don't want anything to do with, or even any trace of, a long-term relationship. They could tear your heart apart and leave you broke in the blink of an eye and you would just have to pick yourself up again get on with your life.

If you are still lucky enough to be single and insist on having THE biggest pair of stainless steel testicles in Australia then these mammoth monsters have your name on the shipping label. Providing of course you can pay for them but at less than half the cost of their original new price are you going to complain? Well some of you will I am sure but you know what you can do about that...

Let nobody doubt your manhood ever again with these World Heavy Weight Champions featured prominently in your Hi-Fi room on centre stage.

Much to my disappointment, never have I sold any Reference 600's to a customer that has had a gal to answer to. Too spineless and **** whipped I'm afraid is all too often the case. But there are a few Hardcore Tubeheadz out there that will let no man, woman or child stand in the way of their ultimate listening pleasure. To them; I salute you! We should all have the good manners to stand back and admire their pure and uncompromising dedication to an utterly extravagant and overwhelmingly hardcore indulgence in a world that is growing more mundane and impersonal each and every spirit sapping day. Come home to these perfect REF600 Mk.III monoblocks every night and you will be lifted to another dimension of reality that so few will ever experience in their lifetime it almost makes you feel an ounce of pity for their sad and sorry souls. But nay, I did said; almost.
    Wow, that is awesome!!
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited September 2007
    Awesome, but I would love to have them.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Ricardo
    edited September 2007
    "B&W 801 series 3. Enough said. I don't have the boxes so local pickup only. I do have manuals Will throw in cables. Have sound anchor stands. Moving in with girlfriend who just doesn't get it."

Jeeeeezzzz........don't move...

SOPA
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited September 2007
    This is a chance to purchase an awesome surround system with the legendary Bose powered acoustimass module for a fraction of full retail pricing, you will be awestruck when you hear your favorite DVD leaping out at you with unbelievable realism!

Do I really want my favorite DVD jumping out at me with "unbelievable realism"? It might put an eye out. And "unbelievable realism" just smacks of oxymoron.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited September 2007
    We have 11 tapes from the late 1980's and early 1990's. These tapes are fantastic. They just don't make **** like this anymore. Titles include Raunch-o-rama, Kink-o-Rama, Climactic Scenes, and Colossal Combos. Most tapes are 2 to 4 hours worth of 5-minute climax scenes. Many include the legendary Ron Jeremy. The tapes are particularly good if you enjoy the more natural look of women from 15 to 20 years ago.

I don't care who ya are, that's funny right thurrr.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/clt/442424522.html

"Have a look -- and call before wife gets back from church!!! $125 or best offer for person with a fast car! "
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    lol that can't be a serious for sale ad, that thing is junk!
  • ABX
    ABX Posts: 109
    edited October 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »

Classic
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited October 2007
    From an amp ad on ebay.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Ricardo
    edited October 2007
    He killed the cat????????? That's....funny...

SOPA
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited October 2007
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    From an amp ad on ebay.

That was hilarious:D
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited October 2007
    All these cat lovers around here aren't going to like that. I'm not one of them though. :D
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    Hmm the seller is Scompracer....wonder who that could be :)
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited October 2007
    That is too funny,I'm still laughing :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited October 2007
    How could there be enough current in a speaker cable to kill a cat? Who is he hoping will buy his amp? Rampaging cat murderers? In any case, I think that e-Bay seller might need some help from Dr. Phil ...
    Alea jacta est!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited October 2007
    Hmm the seller is Scompracer....wonder who that could be :)

:D

I had no buyers from CP so it ended up on ebay, where a fellow from WI purchased it. I had some fun with the ad but edited it before it was posted. No cats were killed by that RB-1090 while I owned it.

EDIT: I also changed the word Amplifryer in the title to Amplifier.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • BaggedLancer
    edited October 2007
    I purchased the new Transformers DVD, on HD DVD, thinking my PS3 supported all DVD formats. Come to find out, it doesn't. I need to sell this and get the regular DVD version. I paid over $30 with taxes, so I'm only asking $30 for the box. It's the special edition two disc HD DVD version. I only opened the package to insert the movie for the first time, so it's in IMMACULATE condition. Let me know if you want it. Thanks.

Apparently to him HD DVD and Blu Ray are the same thing :D
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2007
    "You are looking at a personally designed matched 5:1 "Surround Sound Speaker System" by Mathew Polk back when he owned "Polk" and their product was considered top shelf. He sold his company about 7-years ago and the speakers are now made in Tijuana, Mexico and are very poor quality.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1200722567

SOPA
  • BaggedLancer
    edited November 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    "You are looking at a personally designed matched 5:1 "Surround Sound Speaker System" by Mathew Polk back when he owned "Polk" and their product was considered top shelf. He sold his company about 7-years ago and the speakers are now made in Tijuana, Mexico and are very poor quality.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1200722567

LOL! You going to enlighten him?
  • Ricardo
    edited November 2007
    Sent a PM to Mark (Doro) asking if Polk would contact the guy or something.

SOPA