Bi-wire lsi's?????

Jimmie
Jimmie Posts: 103
edited October 2002 in Speakers
Opinions please. Does this really make a real hearable difference?

Jimmie
Post edited by Jimmie on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited October 2002
    Debate alive and well in hear.Many have there opnions.

I will give you mine that comes with experience.The Lsi 15's sounded so much better then just a straight 2 conductor that I couldn't ever wire them that way.

Bi wiring without getting technical on yeah,sounded smoother and more airy.The bass got tighter without any call of attention.The metal jumpers I believe are there for a temp use only.....not fact just my opnion.You have to sit down and listen.I can go on and on about what I heard, but without you personally experiencing it, it's just words.You go listen both ways and report back with your finding.Id be glad to read about it.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2002
    Bi wiring without getting technical on yeah

Would that be because you don't understand how it works? :D

IMO, if the manufacturer offers it as an option, I would at least try it. At the very minimum, replace the factory jumpers with better wire.

How much or little difference will vary from person to person depending on a lot of factors. I'd say try it, it won't hurt and let us know what YOU think. No right or wrong answer to this question.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Jimmie
    Jimmie Posts: 103
    edited October 2002
    I think I will try it on the 15's up front and the center. If it makes a noticable difference I will pull wire through the attic and change the others. It's got to be good though before I start pulling wire through my attic.

Jimmie
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    For the rears? I doubt I'd go through the hassle and expense but whatever floats your boat. Personally, I make some nice wire jumpers and call it a day.

BDT
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited October 2002
    I'm second to Troy, bi-wiring the front three speakers is good enough, you really don't get any more benefit to to go through the trouble of bi-wiring the rear speakers, and if you're the die-hard fan of music two channels, hell yes, bi-wiring the front left and right speakers must be on the front page of your journal (if your speakers have the provision for this). After all, life is too short to litsening through bad jumpers...:p

By the way Troy, what the heck is the "Polkologist"?, does that mean you can teach kindergarden kids about history of "Matt Polk". have a good weekend bubba...:D
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    I think it means I have WAY too much time on my hands.....

Right back atcha Pete....

BDT
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Questioning if I understand bi wiring ???????

The question should be do you???I DO!!!

Anyways,
    My entire Lsi system will be bi wired.Including surround back.I have found a great deal in clarity with BI WIRING ,after you use it and hear it, you don't go back.
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Questioning if I understand bi wiring ???????

UH, yeah Dan, we've tried to explain it to you a half dozen times, at least, but you don't seem to grasp the concept. :D

BDT
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    We've....what about you?

OK if you feel I'm misunderstod about bi wiring ,why don't you in your own words, fill me in on the mystery.It seems I have no idea.

Can you help me out?
    Dan
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2002
    HHHMMM.....A male connector that will mate with a male or female connector!?! DISGUSTING!!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    I posted this a couple of months ago, I think it spells it out pretty well....
    In a biwiriable speaker there are separate power inputs (binding posts) that correspond with the frequency ranges associated with the crossover point(s). In a 2-way speaker the freqs are crossed over at a fixed point and there are binding posts to the high freqs and low freqs. You HAVE to power both of them either with birwire cables or one cable and a jumper between posts. Remove the jumper and the nonpowered side gets no power. No power no sound. How simple is that? If you accept that, then Ken's test is valid and we can agree that the RT1000i can't be biwired.

That is essentially how biwiring works (bi-amping operates on the same principle). It's not opinion, but fact. Since you continue to insist that you can biwire the RT1000's, the only logical conclusion is that you don't understand the underlying principle.

BDT