Which Tweeter is better? RDO194 or Peerless

Options
2»

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    mine showed up while I was on vacation.. nice to come home to some RD0's :)

also.. does the black wire go to POS on the RD0 or NEG terminal?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    edited August 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    also.. does the black wire go to POS on the RD0 or NEG terminal?
    Well I hope it's the POS, cuz that's how I hooked them.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • Ron Temple
    edited August 2007
    Options
    avguytx wrote: »
    You guys make me sick. :D I wish mine would've shown up today. Quit rubbing it in!
    You should have received them today...2nd day Fedex...make sure Polk credits you for shipping ;)

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Black or Blue = positive
    Green or White = negative
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    i've hooked up the RD0's both ways.. and honest to God it didn't make any difference in the sound. But i have mine wired correctly now.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2007
    Options
    RDO's are awesome. Takes a little while to be their best but mine sounded better than the 2000's from the start.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Well, dang. Looks like you guys got yours ordered not long before I did on Monday. They showed that they had 8 in stock to ship but that number was inaccurate. So, I'm on a 4 to 6 week waiting time for my RD0's which is ok. The crossover parts are ordered and will be here when I get back from CEDIA so I can work on that part next weekend. I refinished the tops, sides and bottoms of the SRS2's last weekend and into Tuesday so that part is done.

Ok. You guys can go back to rubbing it in now. :D
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,092
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hot damn!! My (6) RD0's sound fantastic :D:p
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Ron Temple
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Yah...was a good thing I ordered those 8 spares when I did...I might have had to wait for a replacement if I blow one of mine :p

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Mine are already broken in and are SSSSWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTT. I don't miss the 2000's at all. I feel sorry for anyone who has them still.:p
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • avguytx
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Man, I'm getting a regular wax and buffing with this rubbing it in thing! ha.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Ron Temple
    edited August 2007
    Options
    The 1Cs still sound like 1Cs, but the top is getting more precise. I'm definitely noticing it...kind of an aural bouquette developing...so I'll keep on burning and enjoying them getting better. Sorry I doubted you guys.

Kipp, do you want some pictures of me listening to the black tweets you almost had? ;)

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • avguytx
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Um, no. No pictures. I'll just wait patiently 4 to 6 weeks in my corner. :(

My 1C's still sound very good for the time being and the crossovers that were redone awhile back definitely seem to be more broken in. They are sounding very, very good. Maybe just a little bite at that typical peak but I'm happy. The SRS2's with their recently re-finished cabinets are sitting quietly in a spare bedroom (sigh again) while 2 of the MW6509 drivers are out to Polk for evaluation against the new 6509's that are coming/came in. So, my $220+ worth of crossovers will be here sometime next week while I'm gone to CEDIA and that will give me something to re-do on them before the 6509's and the new tweeters come in.

Here are a couple of pics of them after the cabinets were redone but with some of the drivers out. Yeah, I need to vacuum the side panels off but for now they are ok! Damn flash puts some spots on them too...which there are no spots on them. The sides are darker than what the flash makes them come out looking like in the pictures, too. I'm very happy with the results but I still wonder if I should have done them darker than the "Classic Oak" color. Maybe a Walnut? Opinions?

Beats the hell out of having black paint on them though!
    001.JPG 306.9K
    007.JPG 340.7K
    009.JPG 493.4K
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Man, I'm getting a regular wax and buffing with this rubbing it in thing! ha.

Sorry man,but I placed an order this past Monday and received my 6 RDO's Thursday.

But,they are the SL3000 replacements...

Just installed them this evening,have the CDP running on repeat,will continue all weekend.

Right out of the box,the RDO's already sound "silky" smooth:D
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Sorry man,but I placed an order this past Monday and received my 6 RDO's Thursday.

But,they are the SL3000 replacements...

Just installed them this evening,have the CDP running on repeat,will continue all weekend.

Right out of the box,the RDO's already sound "silky" smooth:D

are the SL3000 replacements the same RD0-194's as for the SL2000?
  • Mike Reeter
    edited August 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    are the SL3000 replacements the same RD0-194's as for the SL2000?

Look identical,the replacement for the SL2500 & SL3000 is the RDO198's

I've had the RDO194's in the past when I relaced a quad in a pair of SDA SRS 2's I use to own.

Main reason I replaced the Tri-lams in our 2.3TL's very,very smooth.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited August 2007
    Options
    avguytx,Your new SDA's are looking VERY good,those are a pair of the early version that used the solid wood caps,pre veneer...

You are going to have a mint set one day...Just don't make the same mistake I did and sell them...You will be sorry.
  • avguytx
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Nope...these aren't going away. Well, maybe if I came across a mint set of 1.2TL's for the right price. :D And it would HAVE TO be the right price considering I got the SRS2's for $200. By the time you factor what I bought them for, the cost of the crossovers and buying new tweeters, I'll have a tad over $600 in them and that makes me happy!

Thanks for the compliment on the speakers. I'm pretty proud of the way they came out and I appreciate F1's input on the how to's on redoing them properly. I'm fortunate, from what I've read, that my tops or bottoms haven't split anywhere.