PSW-1200 For Sale

Options
liv4fam
liv4fam Posts: 311
edited October 2002 in Flea Market
Here it is everyone.

Now's your chance to own the biggest, baddest, unbelievably powerful sub that Polk has ever made. I am asking 600.00 for the sub and the buyer will have to pay shipping from 19021. The shipping weight is going to be around 115 pounds so be prepared to pay for shipping. I would also like local pick up if possible because I do not have the original box, or manual. The condition of the sub is 8/10 because the Polk Audio lettering on the volume pod has worn off a little bit. I spoke with Paul and they will send you a replacement pod for it upon request. The sub is in perfect working order with no scratches or dings and the woofers are like brand new.
I will be happy to answer any questions on the forum or directly. My e-mail is liv4fam98@aol.com.
No one will be disappointed with this subwoofer in performance, if you are in need of a smooth, dynamic, and powerful sub that will literally tear your house apart then this sub is for you.
If anyone wants another opinion on performance just ask Mantis what he thinks about this sub because he has actually heard THIS sub perform on many occassions.

Thanks for looking.
Post edited by liv4fam on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2002
    Options
    If I buy it will you go away! You won't have anymore Polks!

Come on guys. We could raffle it off at $50 a ticket. Of course that price may drop depending on how many people would like to see him go.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited October 2002
    Options
    :lol: Gidrah is on a roll this A.M. :D

CHEERS ! jefff
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Mark has definately hit on an idea.........

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Damn,
    he just wants to sell his woofer, knows alot of you would love to own it, and you just kick him..............true colors shinning threw.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Shinning threw?

You mean 'shining through'? ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Options
    On a side note, like him or not, he is offering quite a good deal for you 1200 fiends....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • liv4fam
    edited October 2002
    Options
    That's cool. I just thought since you all were into Polk that one of you might like to own this sub but I guess not.

Well, I'm going to post it on Ebay so maybe someone that actually wants a really good subwoofer will purchase it no matter who is selling it. I just thought I would give you guys a chance first but obviously I was wrong.

No matter it's not a Carver or Dahlquist so it's not worth it. And I know Russ has a hard time choking down the cost of RT15's so I didn't expect much feedback from him. Unemployment line is long huh? Maybe you should be a box cutter? Any idiot can fish a wire right? Guess what? Any idiot can drive a car or truck.

Efff ya.

I will be posting again very heavily when I finish up this project I am involved in so be prepared Troy and Puss.
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Well that about sums that up.Shame I bet there's some people who would love to own it.But the clowns gotta ruin it.

So how is the Unemployment line doing these days?????I haven't seen one of them,must be a great need for us box cutters.Funny how other companies would like these box cutters to work for them......o well.....hey Liv4fam got that number to that trucking company....???.......I think Russ is going to need it.
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Go eat a dick Dan, I **** bigger than you. Liv4fam, I won't even address it....

Hell we all know it doesn't get much better than RBH inwalls on a Yammie receiver....

Dahls? You heard em yet? Didn't think so.

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Don't have time to eat Dick there Russ.........I gotta make a living.

You **** bigger then me due to the fact you have more time to eat.

O Russ don't side step the bowl cause I'd hate to hear about you slippin on that **** of yours.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Russ,
    funny how you like to kick other peoples gear.......when that Yamaha receiver costs more then your entire system.

As far as the RBH inwalls........have you ever heard them???or do you make ALL of your judgements off of pic's and Spec's????

I read your post on the rti150's....man...........
    Dan
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited October 2002
    Options
    OK guys this has turned into nothing other than a pissing contest or a 'my d**k is bigger than yours' - and it's getting old. Take it in private, email, AIM, or somewhere else please - or just get a sense of humor and don't sweat the small **** or let things get to you.

Discussions, opinions, jokes, whatever - it's all good - but we're all adults here. So can we all stop the kindergarten stuff?
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Tried that Phuz buddy but he left out....o well let the class continue.......maybe we can get to 1st grade.
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Options
    I have heard RBH inwalls, I've owned RBH shelf speaks. Do you know what any of my systems, (plural Dan), consist of?

Goddamn if you aren't the second biggest **** to hit the forum, right behind your boy blunder, who has yet to make a point about anything.

Effin Pudnockers, period.

'yeah, but you won't listen'

Cheers,
    Rooster
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited October 2002
    Options
    liv4fam, getting something to replace this monster? Ya, people drool over this sub but no body puts there money where there mouths are. That is why this sub did not sell well. Man it gets messy in here. You WILL get your asking price on ebay. Lets us know how it does.
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    **** huh.......well at least an employed ****.

So you heard RBH inwalls.....so whats wrong with them?They don't sound good to yeah?What models where they.

Hey I'm all eyes, post your systems.Like to see what you got.Shelf RBH which ones???
    Dan
  • RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Options
    You keep mentioning employment, I don't know why you think that bothers me, it doesn't. You have a real need to floss your 'wealth', and just how good a living you make. I don't know why, really. But once again, I would never share my portfolio with you, and I am quite comfortable with how I've done for myself, quite comfortable.

It is not 'yeah', the word you are looking for is 'you', or perhaps the slang 'ya'.

So by your logic, if it costs more, its better. Gotcha.

Nothing is wrong with RBH, I just don't understand how a person that owns them feels superior to other members that have, say, rt35's. The shelf models were Model 53 I believe. 2-way indoor-outdoor jobs. I may still have a pic, I'll look.

Cheers,
    Russ

And I didn't kick anything until your boy blunder did....
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Sheesh, all the fun I miss by not checking the FM more often.

First of all, since when does what you make or what you do have anything to do with anything? Hell, my paycheck is a matter of public record and I'm sure it's paltry compared to others make. Big deal. I like what I do and in the end, that's all that is important.

Second, 600 for the sub seems like a good deal. I just though Mark's idea of a raffle in exchange for peace and tranquility was a great idea.

Third, Carver and Dahlquist may not do it for everyone but I like them so to be honest, it matters not to me who likes them. If you don't like them, don't buy them.

he just wants to sell his woofer, knows alot of you would love to own it, and you just kick him

I somehow don't think that liv4fam is innocent of this type of behavior. Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Efff ya.

How 'bout something original? And you guys think I like to quote others :rolleyes:

Nothing is wrong with RBH, I just don't understand how a person that owns them feels superior to other members that have, say, rt35's.

I'd echo that sentiment......

Blah, blah, blah......

let's move on...

BDT
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    You guys,
    he doesn't feel superior,he actually wants all them out.He's had them for years and it's time to move on into better things....he's out there rght now making deals......he will report back with what he upgraded to.I believe Def Tech 2004's and the rest of the theater package I believe.We will see tomarrow, he's going to call me and let me know how he made out.

So the inwalls might be up for sale as well.I know he already sold the sub today to a guy in Yardley Pa I also believe he's from in here.

I agree he comes off like an ****,so do we all at times,he just does it right off the bat...
    Dan
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited October 2002
    Options
    A word comes to mind......bi-polar.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• liv4fam
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Hey guys,

I sold the PSW-1200 in one day to a very cool guy here in PA that also frequents the forum, and he wasn't a dick like most of you in here. I know all of you love to hate me but I am soooo cool with that, it gives me the drive to keep coming back. To all that want to know I got rid of the sub and some other gear that I had lying around.

Tonight or tommorrow I am going to pick up my new speaker package which consists of the Definitive Technology BP2004TL's mains, C,L,R 2300 center, and BPVXP Rears.

I put my money where my mouth is and when I upgrade I upgrade. So if anybody wants to kick me go ahead because I am going to be 100% into this system. Today was a really good day since I found out there are descent people on this site.

I really don't have a problem with too many people in here just Russ(who I would love too meet) and Troy. It's always been a constant fight between Mantis and I vs. Russ and Troy. I think both of them are certifiable because they say one thing one day and then totally contradict themselves the next.
  • stubby
    stubby Posts: 723
    edited October 2002
    Options
    So, this means you can spend a LOT of time over at the Definitive Technology forums, correct?

Stubby
    SRS 3.1TL
    Harman Kardon Citation 5.1
    Anthem AVM2

• RuSsMaN
    edited October 2002
    Options
    liv4fam, name one person in your fanclub here, besides Dan.

Funny stuff (and spelling too).

Cheers,
    Russ
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Contradictions?

Quote 'em pal. Get your copy cut and paste on. G'head.

Hell, two people in a fan club? Do you rotate being pivot man or go on a weekly schedule?

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Def Tech.....OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Who cares what it costs. Just 'cuz you spend more money on audio doesn't mean (a) that you're equipment is any better or (b) it makes you any more intelligent.

As far as hating, I don't hate anyone. Life is too short. I give liv4fam about as much thought as that one chunk of **** that won't flush completely. Mildly annoying at best, but otherwise harmless.

I don't see why there has to be a fight. I like most adults can disagree peaceably. I just don't see why every disagreement has to be a dick measuring contest. I certainly have no need to prove myself to anyone nor do I consider my rigs to be a measure of my self esteem. It's just gear, it's just a hobby. I've got buddies sleeping in tents in shitholes around the world that are going to miss the birth of thier kids and probably won't be home for a long time. That kind of puts things in perspective.

BDT
  • liv4fam
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Hey Troy,

I sold my sub this post is over. You have buddies overseas? AND? Your Point? Do you think that you are the only who was in the military? You are in the Air Force right? Do you feel special? Does everyone in here know that the Air Force is the easiest and most laid-back branch of the service? They are the only ones that have the most overweight people because they do not do PT every morning and god forbid that they go iron there BDU's. And real soldiers go overseas and to the field regularly. What is your MOS? Obviously you ride a desk with as much as you're online.

Keep it coming TROY!
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    If you would like to debate like an adult, then why do you and your running buddy kick everyone so much, you always say it's all in good fun.....is it????

I told you guys along time ago I would love for all this stupid **** to end....but it don't.......you guys have to make your cocky comments........right from the begining,I just wanted to learn in here and share what I have learned and continue to learn....you guys make that difficult.I also told you that I don't care for some of your humor and with much dissrespect, you don't quit.You end it, I end it........it's that simple......

Troy ,you and I seem to be somewhat more civil now...which is cool, but let Russ make one comment and off you guys go....

So I say it take both sides....if there is sides to draw a truce......I do remember you saying you enjoy fighting more then my getting my humor on..........or blowing a gasket or having a meltdown.Best one is quitting the forum and knowbody caring......thats a good one.

Troy I could go back and find all that mess if your looking for quotes.
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited October 2002
    Options
    the quitting thing is something thats considered,I love my Polks and always been into Polk.But this **** don't end I'll just dissapear.I'm just real tired of it
    Dan
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Go ahead, get your search on. Highlight, Ctrl C, Ctrl V......

BDT
  • TroyD
    edited October 2002
    Options
    Well, I guess that point was a flyby.

I'll try to use small words for you. What I'm saying is, in the grand scheme, this is small taters.

As far as my military service goes, nope, I'm just a cog in the big machine. As far as I go, say what you like, I've had my share of holidays away from home so I don't feel the need to justify myself.

As far as the rest goes, I don't care what you say about me personally, but the the commitment that folks in uniform are making, especially now, commands respect. If you don't respect yourself, that's fine, but don't you dare disrespect them.

BDT