He lost his number!!!!!!!!!!!!!

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
Remember the TV commercial?

Dale jr. will NOT drive the #8 in '08

LINK

Theresa & NASCAR just screwed over their most popular driver's fans. They'll have to go out and get all new merchandise now.
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited August 2007
    halo wrote: »
    Remember the TV commercial?

Dale jr. will NOT drive the #8 in '08

LINK

Theresa & NASCAR just screwed over their most popular driver's fans. They'll have to go out and get all new merchandise now.

Brilliant marketing!!! Anyone still have Micheal Jordan #45 merchandise, I know I do :D
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited August 2007
    Sr. is rolling in his grave. What a damn shame.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • swegyptian
    swegyptian Posts: 316
    edited August 2007
    Uh-oh, time to fix all the tattoos. :(
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited August 2007
    Goofy NASCAR, F1 changes numbers every year.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited August 2007
    swegyptian wrote: »
    Uh-oh, time to fix all the tattoos. :(

beat me to it...:D

maybe he'll pick a number with "8" in it...so they just have to add to their current tattoe..:)
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    I think he will be happy to get as far as he can away from his step mother.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited August 2007
    Off topic but did anyone see that NASCAR special last night? J Sauter's reaction in the driver seat during the Atlanta race after his fresh air supply motor dies is basically the type of knuckleheads this sport has in it these days. You have to wonder, Booty Barker had to sit in his wheel chair and listen to him **** the whole race about a little fresh air. I think he would give up 3 hours of fresh air for a pair of working legs.

I remember not too long ago Harry Gant driving at Bristol for 500 miles with no air conditioning, power steering or head restraints to off set the g-forces from the high banks.

This sport is full of spoiled prima donnas. Maybe 20% of the field could actually work on their own cars. It saddens me when names from the 80’s & 90’s are slowly disappearing and backfilled with these types of hacks.

Anyway, back to the program. If JR. doesn't win at least 3-5 races next year, I will start to question his ability as a driver. There will be no more excuses.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,685
    edited August 2007
    EDIT... deleted, too attitudinal :-(
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2007
    What a ****! I somewhat understand her not wanting to turn over 51% ownership of DEI to Jr. She and Sr built it from the ground up back in 82 and she has been running it since then. However there is absolutely no reason for her not to let the number 8 go with Jr other than to be a ****.

Jr is saying he wants his new number to be 81 which wouldnt be bad. That way everybody with 8 tatoos only have to add a 1 to match.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2007
    I think its hilarious that people are so worried about tattoos of other guy's numbers on their body...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it