Dear Matt:

Options
candyliquor35m
candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
edited August 2007 in Vintage Speakers
Post your letters to Matt here. If he has time, he might even answer one once in a while.

Matt,

1. If you were to release a new series of SDA's now or in the future, what would you change about them if anything?

2. If I turn around and listen to my SDA's with my back to them, should the sound from the left speaker still be the only thing I hear in my left ear? Just kidding of course. I only had one question.

Carl
Post edited by candyliquor35m on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    OMG like he prob hears something about SDA's every day of his life. give the guy a break.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • candyliquor35m
    edited August 2007
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    OMG like he prob hears something about SDA's every day of his life. give the guy a break.

btw this wasn't meant to be a sda related thread but I posted it in vintage speakers because quite a few of us own at least one pair of vintage speaks.

My most pressing question happened to be sda related.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    what if.. the SDA's are not Matt's favorite speakers? What if he somehow liked the RTA15TL's better? Would we be starting threads about them? I doubt it.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited August 2007
    Options
    This thread makes me ill. Just go join the Long Live the SDA club and talk about the old days while drinking lemonade.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Jeeez guys put your claws away.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    he started it first ...
  • candyliquor35m
    edited August 2007
    Options
    ummm this is not a sda related thread
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2007
    Options
    what if.. the SDA's are not Matt's favorite speakers? What if he somehow liked the RTA15TL's better?

What if his favorite speakers were Theil's? Or the older big multi-cabinet Infinity Reference systems? Or Legacy's? What if?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2007
    Options
    ...and lame-o is this thread-o.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I should have let you know I was only kidding. i don't care about this thread or that thread about SDA's. I like em myself.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited August 2007
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    ...and lame-o is this thread-o.....

care to elaborate?

Edit: there are plenty of lame threads around (what you had for lunch, who's gonna replace bob barker or rosie o'donnell, etc) but you never know what good might come out of them. Some of them I read, some of them I don't. Some of them I participate in, some of them I don't. Many of them I don't even read, I just move on to the next thread.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Matt is sure to read this one.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dead, horse, beat...

That whole thing??

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,123
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I want a pair of SDA speakers utilizing 8 bose cube FR drivers per speaker, and a high eff. piezo...

With a 10,000 dollar a pair list price.

Oh yeah, with an internal bandpass design with a powered 8" woofer.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • candyliquor35m
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Dear Matt,

Please don't ever consider making sda's again. These guys are so sick of them that all they want to do is talk about them.

carl
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I see your guys are running with my "new"SDA idea. Let me know how it works out. And just so you know, that guy who said he's got a new idea read the survey I filled out and thought he would use my idea as his own. But just the same let me know how it works out.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited August 2007
    Options
    i think polk should sell sda's like Ben's.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Give Mr. Polk a break already!!!...He does not need to continue this damn SDA story over and over.

Yeah, especially since he's moved on to bigger and better things.:p

199_46_big.jpg
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Options
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2007
    Options

199_46_big.jpg

You should see the new system that's being built.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    You should see the new system that's being built.

do you think those are acoustic panels on the side walls? otherwise with that hardwood floor.. i would think it would sound somewhat hollow otherwise.. reflections would be terrible.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Do you think that's water on the table?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Options
    That's funny cause I was just looking at it and thought the same thing!!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Lasareath wrote: »
    Give Mr. Polk a break already!!!. He has enough things on his mind, like payroll, rent, wether or not the current models make more profit than what they put into R&D.

......and if parts will be available if those Infinity IRS's ever break.:eek:
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2007
    Options
    do you think those are acoustic panels on the side walls? otherwise with that hardwood floor.. i would think it would sound somewhat hollow otherwise.. reflections would be terrible.

Yes. You don't own speakers like the IRS without some serious thoughts towards room acoustics. The rugs aren't really there for looks either.
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    but i bet it all sounds good!!
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited August 2007
    Options
    and here is the junior version of that. not quite as fancy but nice sounding. this is why i sold the sda-srs's. no room for both pairs in the living room,these just about make it!!
  • candyliquor35m
    edited August 2007
    Options

damn those are some nice looking sda's
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I wonder what Matt could/would create if he were to build a speaker system that retails for $75-100k??
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Hey Noel! How ya doing? Long time no see! Hope all is well.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2