Parts Express are rapist..

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,100
edited August 2007 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Ordered six dollar and fifty cent binding post.

Parts express charged me 6.50 + 8.11 in shipping! :eek:

Rape! rape! rape!

That is all.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2007
    Options
    You can't rape the willing..............didn't you agree to pay the total prior to shipping?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited August 2007
    Options
    You have to watch PE. By default they ship UPS ground! USPS is much cheaper, and deliver on Saturday!
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited August 2007
    Options
    It's about the same here. No matter what I order, it's about $10 to $11 for shipping. But, I look at it like this...I don't have to go out driving all over the place to find something in Denton or DFW. Both have their trade offs I guess. Shipping = less hassle and it comes to you if you have the time. Driving around to get the parts means you have it faster BUT you spend money and time driving around. IF someone in your area even carries anything like that. Oh well...freight is freight and sure won't get any cheaper.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,100
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Well when they estimated my shipping cost

They quoted 2.50 from USPS

But then didnt allow the selection...

Ah well, I need them for my sub.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Its burried way at the end of checkout;)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • willyrover
    willyrover Posts: 8
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Is that all? It would be close to $29 shipping to Canada.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,398
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Now, see Vr3MxSkyLerIdnTKnwHw2SplYerName, if you had ordered a $200.00 binding post, it wouldn't have been that bad, huh? Would have "blended in" with the cost.

At least you don't live in Canada, I hear horror stories from up yonder.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Yay for niche markets.

I needed a DB9 gender changer for work the other day. Went to Radio Shack around the corner. 9 dollars. NINE DOLLARS. It's just a bunch of PINS.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Parts Express is awesome! You should have ordered some subs or something and the shipping would have still been about the same.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Deadof_knight
    Deadof_knight Posts: 980
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Thats what happens to the captive customer ! but it happens in industry too We recently were shipping parts for a modification to one of our machines that a customer bought 18,000 dollars then with all the shipping crating and import taxes and duties into Brazil the shippings cost came up to 25 000,
    :cool: " He who dies with the most equipment wins Right ? "

Denon 3300 Adcom 535 BBe w/sub out 1 pr 4.6s 2 pr of 4 jrs Recent additions Samsung Lns-4095D LCD, Samsung hd-960 DVD, Monster HT-5000 Power center
    ,HPSA-1000 18" sealed DiY home sub.:D
    Black Laquer 1.2tl's w/ upgraded x-overs and Tweets BI-Amped with 2 Carver tfm-35's Knukonceptz 10ga cables
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited August 2007
    Options
    I don't think PE shipping is that bad, last time I ordered parts for my DIY sub the shipping was free.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • Phasearray
    Phasearray Posts: 437
    edited August 2007
    Options
    If you order enough, shipping is free
    Receiver - Onkyo HT-R340
    Front - Pioneer S-HF21
    Center -Onkyo SKC-340C
    Surround Back - Polk R15 <--Ticket to club polk
    Subwoofer - Onkyo SKW-340
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Ordered six dollar and fifty cent binding post.

Parts express charged me 6.50 + 8.11 in shipping! :eek:

Rape! rape! rape!

That is all.

is that express shipping or what? I ordered some resistors from there too.. and i WANTED ground shipping.. but I think all i could choose was like priority mail shipping.. which was 3X more expensive. :confused:
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited August 2007
    Options
    That's the norm for PE. I said the same thing when I rebuilt the x-overs in my RTA 11T's. Couple of caps and resistors and shipping was $15. They suck :mad:
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,214
    edited August 2007
    Options
    All the parts companies are the same. You need to wait until you can make a decent sized order. I just ordered from Digikey, they have a "handling fee" of $5 and their lowest shipping option is $4.60 for Priority Mail. It can make for some expensive capacitors and transistors, but if you get that order over $25, the handling fee disappears, and the shipping is about the same. I ended up getting like 40 items (various caps, transistors, DIP8 sockets, etc), many for future jobs, just to make the order more economical. Just need to take your time and not run into ordering just one part. That will kill you every time.

Last time I ordered from Parts Express, I think I got like 50 or more caps, resistors, etc, for my massive Mirage crossover rebuild, plus some extra bypass caps to have around. Shipping was only $8 for the entire order. I thought it was reasonable.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,850
    edited August 2007
    Options
    Their shipping fees are inline with all the others out there and always seem fair to me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk