edited August 2007
    Friends don't let friends buy bose.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • sabotg
    sabotg Posts: 126
    edited August 2007
    I was waiting for my AV rack to come out of the receiving dock at Circuit City. Another gentlemen was waiting there to pick up his purchase. When my rack came out the other gentlemen hastily dashed over to it only to realize it was my AV rack not his purchase. He turned to me put his nose in the air and said "Oh sorry I thought it was my new BOSE HT system. I just smiled at him knowing that my new Cinenova Grande amp was going on the AV rack;)
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited August 2007
    Listen, I have not said anything about quality of sound, just that we randomly take shots at the company and it laughs all the way to the bank. My boss showed us pictures of his system with the Bose speakers and his new plasma, 8,000.00 later he said he is absoluetly thrilled with his system. Riddle me this when was the last time a company other than JBL had a stand alone store like Bose has, in my travels I have been to alot of Outlets and high priced malls and most if not all have a Bose store. I have not seen to many other speaker companys say that. If a person likes Bose more power to them. I always here Bose sucks, somepeople may differ. I think Polk Audio was sold for 300 million, this is a 2 billion dollar compant, they must be doing something right.

CRj
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    CRJ:

I've seen several Bang Olafson (sp) dedicated stores but I agree with you. Bose won't win any hi-fi award, but for what most people use them for, they are perfectly adequate, if expensive.

Most of the folks I know with Bose had some decent money, wanted something easy to setup, discrete, and decent sound (better than the TV anyway). Anything else isn't a concern. Bose gives them that, but at a premium price. If Bose was 60-70% cheaper, would you still give them hell?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited August 2007
    Sony has their own stores where they peddle their wares, seen them a few times and we have a couple local ones.

I also saw a B&O store once.
  • Girl_Addicted
    Girl_Addicted Posts: 195
    edited August 2007
    criverajr wrote: »
    My point never mentioned sound quality or even reliability. My point was this I have seen really good gear sit on the FM for weeks on end and not sell, but I have also seen a guy drop 5300.00 on the top of the line Bose system and not blink. These are the people that like you say are brainwashed. I believe evrything has it niche, and Bose has a big one. Just give it some thought, I found it very interesting, to each his own.

CRj

Of course it has its niche. It's niche is most of the market. Yes, to each his own, but in this particular scenario that began the thread, once again, a Bose semi-enthusiast asked a Polkie about his choice in speakers. That offers ground for touting other systems while offering negative feedback on the Bose.

I would never go over to someone's house and insult their Bose system unwanted. I would offer my opinion if they asked for it, but that's strictly it.
    Trey (5:22:24 AM): my Taylos have copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:22:26 AM): they shiney
    Destiney (5:22:39 AM): ahaha
    Destiney (5:22:57 AM): that gives wrong pictures of you lovingly caressing your taylos copper phase plugs
    Trey (5:23:25 AM): >_>
    Trey (5:23:27 AM): Mayyybe
    Trey (5:23:31 AM): I do dust them, does this count?
    Destiney (5:23:22 AM): do you linger?
    Trey (5:23:49 AM): not normally
    Destiney (5:23:35 AM): then its okaaaaay