Prayer needed...customer threatening suicide

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
A customer calls to thank me for all the good service I have provided over the years, and then proceeds to tell me that she is going to commit suicide. I tried to call her brother, and no answer. So I called 911, and reported it. She lives on the fourth floor. Easy jump I thought while there one day. S Florida has the highest rate of elderly suicide in the Us (she is 45). I called the cops 45 minutes ago. no response. If you be believe please pray. She is very nice, but a nut job non the less.
Ben
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    Prayers sent, let's hope for a non violent ending to this. She obviously needs help. Hang in there dear heart, trust in the professionals.
    Carl

• ben62670
    edited August 2007
    It has been over an hour, and no call. Doesn't look good. I am not kin so they can't tell me if she did anything.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited August 2007
    ****! Keep praying!
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited August 2007
    Done! Prayers uplifted.
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    No word. Had a dream she was done.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2007
    i witnessed a suicide a week ago. guy jumped from a bridge to his death. poor soul. he was schizo and had done this same thing dozen's of times on other bridges.

hope your neighbor is ok. get some sleep. don't feel guilty if she passed away. you did all you could. if she's ok. then hopefully, she'll get the help she needs.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    Prayer sent
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited August 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    S Florida has the highest rate of elderly suicide in the Us (she is 45).

45 !!! Eldery ??? ... I'm worse off then I thought ...
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited August 2007
    Ben,

Have an update?
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    45 !!! Eldery ??? ... I'm worse off then I thought ...

are you using a walker now? :p;)

I am almost as elderly as you my friend then :eek:
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    are you using a walker now? :p;)

I am almost as elderly as you my friend then :eek:

If 45 is elderly then I guess I'm dead!:eek:
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    If 45 is elderly then I guess I'm dead!:eek:

yeah but you got a killer audio system ;):p
  • hearingimpared
    edited August 2007
    danger boy wrote: »
    yeah but you got a killer audio system ;):p

Who was it that said this hobby takes 20 years off your life?
  • danger boy
    edited August 2007
    Who was it that said this hobby takes 20 years off your life?

Doh! how words can sometimes come back to haunt you. ;)
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    Well a little update. She calls at 11:10 Pm threatening to kill herself. I hear nothing. Tried a couple calls. Her mom answers, and asked if I am the one who called the police. I said yes. She got Baker acted. Report suicide threats it will prevent future mind games, and help them get some help.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • xsmi
    edited August 2007
    Thank God!
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    xsmi wrote: »
    Thank God!

Yes! Now can I get a little of the sleep I lost last night!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2007
    Nice going Ben! Well done.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    She got Baker acted.

Translate plz
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited August 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Translate plz
    Invountary 3 day hold.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited August 2007
    A nice ending to a bad story.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited August 2007
    I found someone in the act. Sheet tied around the neck and to the ceiling, about to jump, etc.. Not something you can really prepare for seeing.

Great job Ben!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited August 2007
    Great job Ben.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited August 2007
    Way to be heads up Ben. Glad you didn't decide to not get involved.

Good show
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    Well I talked to her today, and she apologized. She learned her lesson about making threats. All I could think of is that 4 story balcony she could have jumped off. I have looked at it, and said to myself "that would do it". I am nuts but not a jumper! I also recommended a good counseling place that is outpatient that really digs into who you are, and helps you better understand others. I hope she fallows through with it.

Edit: her mom is elderly, she just stays with Mom.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • xsmi
    edited August 2007
    Ben,

Go to bed.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited August 2007
    A threat is no more then a cry for attention. If she really wanted to do it, she would have.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited August 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    A threat is no more then a cry for attention. If she really wanted to do it, she would have.

Sad to say but very true indeed.

Glad your friend is ok Ben. Suicides suck really bad. While serving in the Marines I had my Gunny kill his wife then turn the Beretta on himself to the head. He was fearless, a ruthless guy, taught me to be a better leader of Marines while I served. Sucked he went out like that. Hope everything works out for her.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • ben62670
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for your prayers guys. If you would continue to pray that would be great. She is Jewish, but doesn't know Jesus.
    Thanks Again
    Ben
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited August 2007
    Ben be very careful that you don't become her crutch, It is very easy for her to latch on to you as her savior. This happens all the time and you will have a tough time separating from this.

This may not be the case, but i would venture that it happens about half the time.