sound system help

Gemini
Gemini Posts: 2
edited July 2007 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 95 corolla and i was trying to find a head unit and speakers to replace my stock stuff

basically i have a budget of 300-500 dollars and was thinking i was going to get

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8222498&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03066&id=1166840027254

and these type s alpine speakers

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7652658&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03076&id=1134701298137

for both the front and back, but then i kinda realized i would need an amp if i did get these speakers? but then now i don't know if i should be getting 3 way speakers for the front now or what, so i'm just kind of looking for some clarification on what I should get, thanks
Post edited by Gemini on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    What you have mentioned would not be a bad start. If you feel down the road you need amplification you can always do it. It is usually frowned upon for your first post to be about another brand. You could also consider these, or these
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited July 2007
    I have Alpine type S's, and you need an amp to get any sort of SQ out of them. Hopefully someone will chime in about advice on some Polk's that work decent with a head unit. Those Alpines really need an amp. Did I mention that they need an amp? Just had to stress that point.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2007
    ben, I wasn't sure about your reply, did you say they need an amp?
  • Gemini
    Gemini Posts: 2
    edited July 2007
    my bad...i was jw tho
    should i get an amp for those speakers you gave me too for better sq?
    what kind of amp should i get for them or the type s's then?