Will Lsi 15's blend with RTI series surrounds and center??

faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Ok i have stated below my HT setup, With this in mind I have the RTI 70's as mains that i have had for a few months and want to upgrade already to the Lsi15's BUt have no intention of changing the CSI30 center and only want to upgrade the R15's to RTI28's.
So will these speaker match OK" with the Lsi 15's?? I know the lsi line is nice and may not cost much more but i recently upgraded from my older Infinity's to these speakers and only want to save and upgrade to a really nice/nicer set of mains. Let me know what you think, The setup is used largely as a HT and music but not like a audiophile, LOL just radio music and some Cd's nothing where i will be listening for them all to blend blah blah blah, LOL Please let me know and thanks
OR what about the RTI150's ?? Would this be a like upgrade with what i have, I dont want a boomy speaker though, I have a nice 12" powered sub with all the bass i need. I havent checked my local CC to see if i could demo a pair of 150's if they even have them in yet......
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited September 2002
    I don't think you'll have a problem with the LSi/RTi combo for HT, but you will notice a difference with multichannel music. I remember PolkPaul tried the LSi mains and a CS400i at one point and seemed very impressed. Why don't you use the surrounds in a seperate room and move the 70's to the rear?

As for the RTi150, it's all up to you. I almost pissed my pants when I saw that for the first time but I'm now saving up for a pair of LSi9 or 7. I used to love the slam but now I'm looking for cleaner sound and a more realistic soundstage. Let's just say very good speakers will bring out the emotions of the recording more(see my post directed to mantis). I'm thinking it's better if you upgrade to the LSi15 because you already want to get rid of the RTi70's. The RTi150 will give you similar sound in the mids and highs but more slam in the lows. Try giving them both a listen and see which kind of sound you prefer.

Good luck

Maurice
  • faster100
    edited September 2002
    Thanks, I actually love the RTI70's but also don't have the room for them in the rears nor can afford not to resell the 70's to fund for the lsi15's unfortunatly. I like them although after seeing the 15's i really like them, I don't think the 150's are for me as i dont want booming speakers i want great sound for music and HT. I have a great sub for all the bass and "slam" if need be, So are you getting the 9's or lsi 7's for ?? mains or rears?
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2002
    Sorry, but I think that as soon as you get the 15's youll want the rest of your speakers to match. The lsi series are superior to the RT line up in every respect. If you plan on buying the 15's, I bet you'll end up with the rest of the line up shortly afterward.

Rt mains are great with Rt surrounds, Lsi mains will sound good, but they quality of the mains will overwhelm the Rt's.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited September 2002
    FrankZ made a good point. IMO, it really depends on wheater you're more serious about HT or 2channel. My system is used 90% of the time for music, so I could live with that set-up. I have the 800i and CSi40 and RT5 for the rears. None of my speakers actually match very well but that's becauae I don't watch movies often. About the LSi9 or 7....I'm going to use them as mains and te 800i's will retire as rears. I want the LSi9 but I could get the LSi7 much sooner(incase I can't wait) I will probably hook up the RT5 in a seperate system.

Maurice
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,032
    edited September 2002
    I gotta second Franks comments.I'm currently running Lsi 15's and cs400i center with fx/500 rears.It's a mismatch, the tonal shift is very noticable.Id rather use my rt1000p's as mains for movies because they blend with the rest of the theater package.

Just remember one thing,Lsi needs good clean power,receiver's do not unlock all the beauty that they can put forward.

I think the rt line was a great theater first, music second speaker system.But mixing up the 2 lines just don't work out.IMO.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • faster100
    edited September 2002
    seems like i should enjoy my new 70's and the RTI line for awhile first, I just cant afford to lose money on reselling them as i just got everything upgraded not to long ago. I bought them at Circuit city and utilize the upgrade option regularly but they don't sell the LSI's series so i would have to resell all these at a lose and get the LSI line, But thanks for the suggestions, They should make the lines of speakers more compatible with each other within one price range to the next up or down. I wonder if polk would feel the same way if asked their opinion on compatibility?? Although you guys do the "real life testing" and some is just personal feeling on sound. Thanks again for all the replies
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2002
    You could ask CC about ordering the lsi speakers and upgrade through them.
  • faster100
    edited September 2002
    Good idea! i will call them now, Why didn't i think of that?
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • faster100
    edited September 2002
    Well no go, they won't and don't intend to order or carry the LSI line of speakers, They said they just wouldnt sell enough to make it worth while for them to carry them, Next idea? LOL
    I sell on e-bay on a regular basis but these sell for nothing on there compared to what i paid, $399.00 each for the 70's
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2002
    Hang around at CC and wait for someone to show an interest in the Polks that are on display. If a sales guy goes waltzing around smack him with one of those cute little Bose speakers, and introduce yourself to the prospective buyer of your slightly used Polk Audio Rti70 speakers!
  • faster100
    edited September 2002
    Hey thats an idea! Well i can dream anyways, If they would atleast sell the center and rears in the LSI line then i could trade all this in towards them, Oh well i shall save and lose these after i have had my fun with them for awhile. Thanks everyone
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp