Errrr......."Once your dead" is actually "Once you're dead". :D

Joe

Man you don't miss a thing! LOL!
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited July 2007
    Polk user wrote: »
    First,

If you are going to give spelling lessons I suggest you use spell-check.

In your first post:

Tammy Faye was on a talk show last Wednesday and the Cancer had taken her weight down to 65 lbs.i cant believe that she still had any strengh to function at all.it had reduced her to skin and bones. Rest In Peace Tammy Faye.....

The I should be capitalized and strengh is spelled strength. Also, there are 2 spaces after a period.

In your second post:

how would you know ? who are you to judge anyone ? you sound like a self rightious ****! if you had any kind of moral compass you would not judge anyone unless you were absolutely sure of the facts....

Sentences begin with a capital letter and rightious is spelled righteous.

Still with me Peewee?

In your third post:

I am Agnostic. as a young man i used to watch Televangelist's for pure entertainment value as i could see it for what it was. even though she is convicted in the court of public opinion by some people Tammy Faye Bakker was not even charged with any crime during the PTL scandal. i cant speak for anyone but myself so maybe it's just me ? i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating....

Again, Sentences begin with capital letters and the word I is always capitalized. thier is spelled their. Sentences also end with a period.

Your next post is my favorite:

There you go again being judgemental only this time by your own admission. you dont know me from Adam so dont pretend to. you really seem to enjoy this whole sorrid PTL mess just a little bit too much.do you get off on watching pathetic people suffer and die ?

Sorrid id spelled sordid. Sentences STILL begin with capital letters and since you corrected my spelling of the word judge mental the proper spelling is judgmental.

Now see how stupid it looks when one corrects another's spelling here just to avoid the original argument?

As for the Hitler reference, you said "i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating"

So I assume you think that when Hitler died people should have not said anything bad about him. Once your dead your absolved of all your sins? Interesting coming from an Agnostic.

As for the Goodfellas reference.....Go watch the movie and you will know what the line means.
    What does Hitler have to do with myself, Tammy Bakker or the original topic? Why do you have this strange obsession with Hitler ? How without knowing me or my beliefs can you assume who i would forgive and for What reason ? What gives you the right to say if someone is going to go to Hell or not as if you would know the answer ? I know the line from GoodFellas but how does your pretzel logic apply it to me ? Do voices tell you who will make it thru the Pearly gates of Heaven and who will go to the lake of fire ? If you can answer these questions without tying me to some surreal hypothetical senario involving Adolf Hitler it might signal a breakthrough and a first step towards your recovery.
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited July 2007
    What does Hitler have to do with myself, Tammy Bakker or the original topic?

Because if everything is forgiven in the end, everyone will go to heaven. Unless they want to...
    duksbak wrote:
    "All she had to do was ask for forgiveness and yes, God would even forgive her for her sins and spend the rest of her spiritual days in His glory."
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited July 2007
    What does Hitler have to do with myself, Tammy Bakker or the original topic? Why do you have this strange obsession with Hitler ? How without knowing me or my beliefs can you assume who i would forgive and for What reason ? What gives you the right to say if someone is going to go to Hell or not as if you would know the answer ? I know the line from GoodFellas but how does your pretzel logic apply it to me ? Do voices tell you who will make it thru the Pearly gates of Heaven and who will go to the lake of fire ? If you can answer these questions without tying me to some surreal hypothetical senario involving Adolf Hitler it might signal a breakthrough and a first step towards your recovery.

Tammy will rot in Hell for all eternity. That's where she belongs, and that's where she went. Pearly gates of heaven and the lake of fire????? Where do agnostics go when they die?
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited July 2007
    Hey guys... take a deep breath...let it go.

You've got better things to do w/your time.

(Hope I spelled everything correctly!) :D:D:D:D:D:D
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    That Jim and Tammy Faye bilked a lot of money out of a lot of people is despicable, to be sure.

I still wouldn't wish her medical fate on my worst enemy.

As to whether or not she makes it "Upstairs" or not, the Big Guy Upstairs will have to decide that. If that decision is left to humans, she'd certainly be in trouble. Luckily for her (and us) that decision is out of our hands.

Thank goodness we're not discussing religion, though. :rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited July 2007
    That Jim and Tammy Faye bilked a lot of money out of a lot of people is despicable, to be sure.

I still wouldn't wish her medical fate on my worst enemy.

As to whether or not she makes it "Upstairs" or not, the Big Guy Upstairs will have to decide that. If that decision is left to humans, she'd certainly be in trouble. Luckily for her (and us) that decision is out of our hands.

Thank goodness we're not discussing religion, though. :rolleyes:

Agreed completely. May the Lord forgive her for her sins and she rest in peace. From seeing that You Tube clip, you could see it was just a matter of time, sad to see anyone in that condition.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    First off excuse my typing and or spelling error/s Because I am certain that there will be some in this post. :p

And yes I have to agree that cancer is a horrible insidious disease. My father died of it.

Like the Bakers he was a preacher. Unlike the Bakers he was an honest one.

He was the only preacher that I have ever met that refused to take up even a single offering after one of his services. His belief was that god would take care of him because he was doing gods work, And if god wanted people to give him money that god would tell these people to do so.

Needless to say he was also the poorest preacher I have ever met. We had food to eat most of the time growing up and clothes etc but very little else.

I remember working 2 jobs when i was 16 to make certain that he was able to get his wish to die at home. Someone had to pay for medical supplys a wheelchair and a hospital type bed, a nurse to come in 3 times a week to check on him and assist with things.

He died very slowly and painfully. I had to turn him over several times a day at the end due to bed sores. He was a big man, but when he died I doubt he weighed a 100 lbs. The cancer had pretty much ate up his fat, muscle, and was working on the bones when he passed.

I remember well the day he died. He told me that morning im going to die today, I of course told him no, that he was going to live forever etc, but I knew he was. I could hear a death rattle in his voice that wasnt there the day before. Sure enough he died around 2 that afternoon.

Did tammy deserve the cancer she got? was it karma coming to get her?

Who knows? Sometimes things happen to good people and bad people alike.

Wlill she make it to heaven or hell? Not for me to decide. But I think she will stand trial in the next life and be judged according to how she lived this one.

I think the lesson here is to live your life every day as though it may be your last. No one knows when that day is going to be.

All the money or toys in the world isnt going to help you when its your turn to go. Dont be greedy, you cant take it with you. It didnt help her out. in the end she was like a defenseless child, all the money she had wasnt able to save her.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited July 2007
    Snow, you are the only one that posted something of any value in this worthless thread!

Well Done, and I'm sorry for the loss of your father to cancer. I can relate very well to it.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Well said snow. I have lost too many family members to cancer and reading about someone having it and wither away in front of you. It really hurts remembering.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2007
    Polk user gets the "I consume waaaay too much caffiene" award :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    Polk user gets the "I consume waaaay too much caffiene" award :p

WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Seems like people here have their heiney holes a little tighter than usual lately.
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    this kinda scares me...

In what way? It really took me a long time to forgive the Bakkers. They were convincing and my Grandmother put a lot of faith in them. I guess, so did I. I was hurt when I found out they were frauds.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the kind words Cathy and Engatz. :)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2007
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited July 2007
    RIP TFM. Forgive her, then forget her.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited July 2007
    The You Tube video got me horny.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.