Tammy Faye Messner has died at age 65,

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
Tammy Faye Messner has died at age 65, a representative for Messner said Saturday.
aka, Tammy Faye Baker
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2007
    RIP you crazy girl.
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited July 2007
    Cancer sucks and 65 is too young but if there is a heaven and a hell I guarantee she is sweating her @ss off now. She stole millions from elderly folk and she didn't live to be elderly.......

......KARMA
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    What comes around goes around.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2007
    My late Grandmother used to make us sit thru PTL every Saturday night. We put our hands on the TV for prayer and everything. She was so crushed when Jim was busted. So sad. It took me a little while to forgive them.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    Stocks in the makeup industry are going to take a sharp downward spiral Monday. We can now look forward to seeing her face in the news once more. :eek:

Death is not a funny thing. That said, may she rest in peace.

The fact still remains that I see a wasted building off in the distance, as a daily reminder on my commute to work of the fact that so many had given, given, given in the name of the lord. Many, many locals still get riled and you can see the veins in their heads pop out when this building and JB/TFB are brought up.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • W WALDECKER
    W WALDECKER Posts: 900
    edited July 2007
    Tammy Faye was on a talk show last Wednesday and the Cancer had taken her weight down to 65 lbs.i cant believe that she still had any strengh to function at all.it had reduced her to skin and bones. Rest In Peace Tammy Faye
    Rogue Audio stereo 100 tube amplifier - Lector Zoe preamplifier with 6H30 pi's
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • Polk user
    edited July 2007
    Tammy Faye was on a talk show last Wednesday and the Cancer had taken her weight down to 65 lbs.i cant believe that she still had any strengh to function at all.it had reduced her to skin and bones. Rest In Peace Tammy Faye

More like ROAST in peace since she went straight to hell.
  • W WALDECKER
    edited July 2007
    Polk user wrote: »
    More like ROAST in peace since she went straight to hell.
    how would you know ? who are you to judge anyone ? you sound like a self rightious ****! if you had any kind of moral compass you would not judge anyone unless you were absolutely sure of the facts
    .Audience AU24SE speaker and ic cables- Chord Qutest DAC - Black Cat Silverstar II 75ohm digital cable-Tyler Acoustics Linbrook Signature system with large bass cabinets to accommodate 10" Seas magnesium woofers.2xhmpsuownoj.jpg
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    If you believe in the Bible: Jesus said Those without sin throw the first stone..
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • tom t
    tom t Posts: 543
    edited July 2007
    nobody is without sin, the woman just passed away. i say give her a break. god bless her and her family
  • duksbak
    duksbak Posts: 134
    edited July 2007
    All she had to do was ask for forgiveness and yes, God would even forgive her for her sins and spend the rest of her spiritual days in His glory. It could have been her dying breath. No one knows if she is in Heaven or not...

That being said, RIP Tammy. My God watch over your loved ones.
    Television: Mitsubishi WD-57732
    Front R/L: Polkaudio RTiA7
    Center: Polkaudio CSiA4
    Rear R/L: Polkaudio FXiA4
    Subwoofer: Polkaudio DSW600
    A/V Reciever: Denon 2808
    DVD/SACD: Sony Playstation 3
  • Polk user
    edited July 2007
    how would you know ? who are you to judge anyone ? you sound like a self righteous ****! if you had any kind of moral compass you would not judge anyone unless you were absolutely sure of the facts

The facts?

She stole millions of dollars from old people and spent the money on herself. When the well dried up and her husband went to jail she dumped him. She was a lier, a user and a thief.

The elderly are no different than children. When they become weak and confused it is our responsibility to help them and protect them. I guess you feel differently. I spend many hours a week helping them for free. When I see they are being scammed or lied to by contractors or scammers I do my best to have legal action taken.

I do not think for one second you can be a piece of chit your whole life and then ask for redemption at the end and all is forgiven. If you do then sit next to Hitler at the dinner table in heaven and enjoy your meal.

There were plenty of people worse than her but in the end the karma she received was perfect. No growing old for her!!!!

I'm no self righteous @sshole, but judging from your post.........
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited July 2007
    xsmi wrote: »
    My late Grandmother used to make us sit thru PTL every Saturday night. We put our hands on the TV for prayer and everything. She was so crushed when Jim was busted. So sad. It took me a little while to forgive them.

this kinda scares me...
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited July 2007
    There is no doubt Jim and Tammy Faye bilked millions away from their followers on the PTL (pass the loot) network.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited July 2007
    how would you know ? who are you to judge anyone ? you sound like a self rightious ****! if you had any kind of moral compass you would not judge anyone unless you were absolutely sure of the facts

Big fan eh?
  • W WALDECKER
    edited July 2007
    I am Agnostic. as a young man i used to watch Televangelist's for pure entertainment value as i could see it for what it was. even though she is convicted in the court of public opinion by some people Tammy Faye Bakker was not even charged with any crime during the PTL scandal. i cant speak for anyone but myself so maybe it's just me ? i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating
  • W WALDECKER
    edited July 2007
    The facts?

She stole millions of dollars from old people and spent the money on herself. When the well dried up and her husband went to jail she dumped him. She was a lier, a user and a thief.

The elderly are no different than children. When they become weak and confused it is our responsibility to help them and protect them. I guess you feel differently. I spend many hours a week helping them for free. When I see they are being scammed or lied to by contractors or scammers I do my best to have legal action taken.

I do not think for one second you can be a piece of chit your whole life and then ask for redemption at the end and all is forgiven. If you do then sit next to Hitler at the dinner table in heaven and enjoy your meal.

There were plenty of people worse than her but in the end the karma she received was perfect. No growing old for her!!!!

I'm no self righteous @sshole, but judging from your post.........
    There you go again being judgemental only this time by your own admission. you dont know me from Adam so dont pretend to. you really seem to enjoy this whole sorrid PTL mess just a little bit too much.do you get off on watching pathetic people suffer and die ?
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited July 2007
    RIP Tammy!
    Carl

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    read-alot wrote: »
    There is no doubt Jim and Tammy Faye bilked millions away from their followers on the PTL (pass the loot) network.
    Been a while since I heard that one.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited July 2007
    ya, I’m gonna have to agree with a few people here. I don’t care if she "died". She helped scam millions and millions of dollars from a lot of people who just don’t know better in life, probably mostly elderly. Some of the worst con artists in the world who do it legally and even tax free! She knew she was doing it, she lived the good rich extravagant life for it while most the people she scammed probably couldn’t even afford to give them money, barely had food to eat. People don’t realize how hard the scam artists target hard core religious people. Who was that guy recently who sold pretty much bottled water to people for $25 a pop mail order. Said it was holy water. Guy made millions.

Karma's a biotch!
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited July 2007
    Tammy Faye Bakker was not even charged with any crime during the PTL scandal.

No, she was not charged. But she also enjoyed the dozens of limo's, private jets, several vacation homes, and living in extreme luxury. She knew where the money came from, do you really think she believed that "god" wanted it spent that way, instead of helping others as they always claimed they were doing?
    i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating

People have been attacking Tammy, and rightfully so, for twenty years now, why stop now?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2007
    I bet whoever does the makeup at the funeral home will have his work cut out for him.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Polk user
    edited July 2007
    There you go again being judge mental only this time by your own admission. you dont know me from Adam so dont pretend to. you really seem to enjoy this whole sorrid PTL mess just a little bit too much.do you get off on watching pathetic people suffer and die ?

First, go to the fridge, get some water and take your medicine.

You called me a self righteous @sshole and a vulture and I'm the one being judge mental? Sorry pal, I believe you have it back wards.

If you look at my first post I said that cancer sucks and 65 is too young to die.I never wished anything bad on her or said I was happy she had cancer or dies young. I just stated the facts. She stole millions from people who could not afford it. She spent the money on herself. Her husband protected her and did not implicate her and she dumps him for someone else when he went to jail. Yeah, she was a real catch. Are you really sad because you never had a chance to date her?

So I assume that if Hitler said he was sorry he would be invited to your house to break bread?

Now go get your shine box (Goodfellas reference)
  • W WALDECKER
    edited July 2007
    First, go to the fridge, get some water and take your medicine.

You called me a self righteous @sshole and a vulture and I'm the one being judge mental? Sorry pal, I believe you have it back wards.

If you look at my first post I said that cancer sucks and 65 is too young to die.I never wished anything bad on her or said I was happy she had cancer or dies young. I just stated the facts. She stole millions from people who could not afford it. She spent the money on herself. Her husband protected her and did not implicate her and she dumps him for someone else when he went to jail. Yeah, she was a real catch. Are you really sad because you never had a chance to date her?

So I assume that if Hitler said he was sorry he would be invited to your house to break bread?

Now go get your shine box (Goodfellas reference)
    Hey Forrest,judgemental is a single word :rolleyes: What do Tammy Bakker and Adolph Hitler have in common :confused: Are you #1- a specialy gifted person who can determine who is going to Heaven or Hell ? as your previous posts suggest or are you #2-A Moron ? you smell like a #2 :D GoodFellas Reference ? out in left field :eek:
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2007
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xWtMgBKOHuw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xWtMgBKOHuw&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited July 2007
    Although I in no way agree with what they did years ago, I still have compassion for her and her family. Even murderers get second chances.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    janmike wrote: »
    What comes around goes around.

What goes around, comes around too! Man that vid is heartbreaking. . . cancer of anything is no way to die.
  • Polk user
    edited July 2007
    Hey Forrest,judgemental is a single word :rolleyes: What do Tammy Bakker and Adolph Hitler have in common :confused: Are you #1- a specialy gifted person who can determine who is going to Heaven or Hell ? as your previous posts suggest or are you #2-A Moron ? you smell like a #2 :D GoodFellas Reference ? out in left field :eek:

First,

If you are going to give spelling lessons I suggest you use spell-check.

In your first post:

Tammy Faye was on a talk show last Wednesday and the Cancer had taken her weight down to 65 lbs.i cant believe that she still had any strengh to function at all.it had reduced her to skin and bones. Rest In Peace Tammy Faye.....

The I should be capitalized and strengh is spelled strength. Also, there are 2 spaces after a period.

In your second post:

how would you know ? who are you to judge anyone ? you sound like a self rightious ****! if you had any kind of moral compass you would not judge anyone unless you were absolutely sure of the facts....

Sentences begin with a capital letter and rightious is spelled righteous.

Still with me Peewee?

In your third post:

I am Agnostic. as a young man i used to watch Televangelist's for pure entertainment value as i could see it for what it was. even though she is convicted in the court of public opinion by some people Tammy Faye Bakker was not even charged with any crime during the PTL scandal. i cant speak for anyone but myself so maybe it's just me ? i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating....

Again, Sentences begin with capital letters and the word I is always capitalized. thier is spelled their. Sentences also end with a period.

Your next post is my favorite:

There you go again being judgemental only this time by your own admission. you dont know me from Adam so dont pretend to. you really seem to enjoy this whole sorrid PTL mess just a little bit too much.do you get off on watching pathetic people suffer and die ?

Sorrid id spelled sordid. Sentences STILL begin with capital letters and since you corrected my spelling of the word judge mental the proper spelling is judgmental.

Now see how stupid it looks when one corrects another's spelling here just to avoid the original argument?

As for the Hitler reference, you said "i dont enjoy watching Vultures swooping down to attack anyone as soon as thier heart has stopped beating"

So I assume you think that when Hitler died people should have not said anything bad about him. Once your dead your absolved of all your sins? Interesting coming from an Agnostic.

As for the Goodfellas reference.....Go watch the movie and you will know what the line means.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited July 2007
    Didn't the mobster who made the shine box remark get kicked, pistol whipped, stabbed, shot and buried in garbage?

EDIT: I forgot disassembled.:D
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited July 2007
    Errrr......."Once your dead" is actually "Once you're dead". :D

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.