Missing package?

brijenjas
brijenjas Posts: 311
edited July 2007 in The Clubhouse
I ordered the Sony SACD player mentioned in the "Audio Deals of the Day" thread. http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=667227&postcount=227 Thanks Danny.

Estimated delivery was supposed be tomorrow July 19, but it was delivered today and allegedly left at the front door at 3:08pm.
I got home at 5:00pm and ............no package.:(

Of course I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow, I only checked the tracking around 7 to see if it was in Illinois yet.

I have had many packages left at my door in the past, and never had any issues. This area is pretty crime free, I haven't even seen a cop around here for about a month, but I suppose it could have been stolen.

I have contacted Fedex about it and they said they will look into it , whatever that may mean.

Ahh well, on the plus side it's only $60.00.
Post edited by brijenjas on

Comments

• janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited July 2007
    So Fedex leaves packages outside your door. I have never had that happen to me, only a notice on the door. Hope you find it.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    You have to be born with a package.:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2007
    I've had delivery people put packages for me out on my front doorstep in plain view. :mad:

the smarter ones will place it on the side by the kitchen, out of site. ;)

Unless it requires a sig, i rarely get a note saying to pick it up in person. :confused:

as far as I know, i've never had anything stolen from my house left by a delivery company.. :D
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2007
    A couple of times I have paid for signature delivery service and the FedEx man still left the package at the door.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    Fedex Ground, I believe are self employed contract workers, not and employee of Fedex. Had a project sig reg. left at door but no project. Took 4 day's to straighten out then was sent another projector but this time it came regular Fedex with no problems. Was yours Fedex Ground?
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited July 2007
    Yes.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2007
    Check the neighbors house, or similar street addresses. Mixups happen all the time.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited July 2007
    We never found the projector that they tried to allegedly dropped off the first time. Check all houses around and the looked similar as far as dyslexia is concerned. No luck.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • brijenjas
    edited July 2007
    This just got really bad.

I had ordered some Bedrock cables from Audioadvisor on Sunday and I hadn't heard anything from them, but my account there said it shipped.

So I emailed them today for a tracking number, yep, was supposedly left on my porch at the same time as the CD player.:mad:

Now this is getting costly.

At least Sony sent me a tracking #when the item shipped, Audio advisor never sent me anything until I asked them about it.
  • brijenjas
    edited July 2007
    nadams wrote: »
    Check the neighbors house, or similar street addresses. Mixups happen all the time.

That's the first thing I did, check the neighbors houses, back porch, I even checked in my shed.
  • Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited July 2007
    Guess I just been lucky all these years... You might want to check the shipping number, it'll say whether it was deliverable or not...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited July 2007
    If you paid by credit card you may be able to dispute since you never received and never signed for them
  • brijenjas
    edited July 2007
    Today I start to file a claim at fedex website, but the claim form wont' let put in July, 2007, only has option for 2006.

So after emailing fedex about this problem a neighbor from down the block knocks on my door and asks my name.
    They received my packages.

They opened them:mad: ,why I don't know, but everything was there, except the batteries for the remote.

Their address is 354, mine is 363,and three houses down, so the driver missed terribly.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2007
    I opened a neighbors package once. It was sitting there so I assumed it was for me. After the fact it hit me that in bold plain letters on the top it had someone elses name.

No **** was enclosed so I went ahead and gave it to them. :)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited July 2007
    brijenjas wrote: »
    Today I start to file a claim at fedex website, but the claim form wont' let put in July, 2007, only has option for 2006.

So after emailing fedex about this problem a neighbor from down the block knocks on my door and asks my name.
    They received my packages.

They opened them:mad: ,why I don't know, but everything was there, except the batteries for the remote.

Their address is 354, mine is 363,and three houses down, so the driver missed terribly.

they opened your package? i'm guessing if it was something more to their liking, they would have kept it. ....time to egg and TP their house...

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    If you received a bonus toothbrush with your order I would not use it.

Glad you got your stuff.

RT1
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited July 2007
    I've also opened packages that were not for me; if I'm waiting for stuff, I don't really look at the name...but in my case I delivered to the owner the same day; your neighbor spent 5 days trying to find out how to hook up the damn thing to his HTIB...I guess he couldn't do it :rolleyes:

Glad you got your stuff.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,980
    edited July 2007
    I love happy endings.

My next door neighbor has been getting my stuff for two years now. Yes, correct addy. I have hand delivered a bunch of stuff to fellow neighbors as well. Filing a complaint has not made a difference. We just laugh about it.

We'll laugh until something really important gets screwed up!:eek:
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • DarqueKnight
    edited July 2007
    I used to blindly open packages. News of the Unibomber's methods cured me of that habit.