Starting over.....

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2007
    Man, and I just watched Deliverance on tv a couple nights ago. How ironic.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited July 2007
    Go to Wal-Mart but to look for a woman who might be shopping in the audio isles.

RT1
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited July 2007
    At this moment, I'd like to assert a massive line of demarcation between the City of Louisville and the rest of Kerntukee.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited July 2007
    So once I start working, every payday is all profit. So if I make $200 a week that's $200 a week I can put in the bank and put back.
    Im sorry but I dont get it. Once you start working? How can you make plans to build a home theater if your not working and have no idea what your income is going to be? Even if you did have a job that paid as you say $200.00 a week. How can you possibly save it all? You still have to live. Eat. have a roof over your head. this all cost money. and if by some odd coincedence you were living in your car and eating at the local mission or soup kitchen to avoid paying rent or grocery bills. Shouldndt your first priority be get the house set up and ready for your wife and or kids?

Why is that I feel like I am talking to a confused selfish 12 year old kid?

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited July 2007
    Screw the family and their education. Life is all about HT. Don't feel bad, go for it. These people on the Polk forum are all about helping and caring for people including family. Beside that, this is the perfect forum. If you don't care about anything but your HT, I say You Da Man! :eek:

Seriously, if you need something to hold you over, check out Craigslist. You should be able to find a receiver and speakers for less than $50.00.
  • Midnite Mick
    Midnite Mick Posts: 1,591
    edited July 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: sigh
    Modwright SWL 9.0 SE (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Consonance cd120T
    Consonance Cyber 800 tube monoblocks (6Sons Audio Thunderbird PC's with Oyaide 004 terminations)
    Usher CP 6311

Phillips Pronto TS1000 Universal Remote
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    warlocks1 wrote: »
    Screw the family and their education. Life is all about HT. Don't feel bad, go for it.
    LMAOOOOO Yes he can hug his speakers instead of his kids and roll over and kiss his new amp in the middle of the night because his wife isnt there lol. Because its all about what I want out of life right? Screw the family I come first!!!

Life is all about home theater? Wow thats going to be a pretty boring life all alone with my new home theater :rolleyes:

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited July 2007
    I keep telling my wife and 4 kids to leave so I can make love to my equipment, but they won't!! What is a man to do???

Actually, the 12 and 14 year old would love for me to leave if I left the equipment. They use more than I do during the summer. :)
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    warlocks1 wrote: »
    I keep telling my wife and 4 kids to leave so I can make love to my equipment, but they won't!! What is a man to do???

Actually, the 12 and 14 year old would love for me to leave if I left the equipment. They use more than I do during the summer. :)
    Not to change the topic here, but did you ever get that lexicon bypass upgrade done? if so are you happy with it?

REGARDS SNOW
  • snow
    edited July 2007
    Go to Wal-Mart but to look for a woman who might be shopping in the audio isles.

RT1
    That is actually a great idea hehe. But I think I will try to loiter in a little higher qualty audio store than WAL-MART.:D

REGARDS SNOW
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,162
    edited July 2007
    So this is no more.....say it ain't so!!!!

http://www.polkaudio.com/images/showcase/303_5_big.jpg

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,162
    edited July 2007
    If the plan is to move the family here, why can't you use what you already have back in Kerntuckee?
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited July 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    So this is no more.....say it ain't so!!!!

http://www.polkaudio.com/images/showcase/303_5_big.jpg

H9

:eek:

Dear god, it's all coming back to me know.

Why do I feel like I just posted in an episode of Jerry Springer.......
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited July 2007
    heiney9 wrote: »
    If the plan is to move the family here, why can't you use what you already have back in Kerntuckee?

If he took it with, how would the Wife throw parties while he's gone?
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited July 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Man, and I just watched Deliverance on tv a couple nights ago. How ironic. BDT

Ohhhhhh ...... that was .......... magnificent ? Yes, I'll have to go with magnificent.

Josh, I'm afraid that you've just received the "Honey-Baked Ham Supreme Treatment", ie, "Torch Glazed and Spiral Sliced".

ham spiral sliced and torch glazed.jpg
    Sal Palooza
  • Drumingman
    Drumingman Posts: 348
    edited July 2007
    No wonder people join the clan. The poor man comes here asking for advice and Not Once did anyone tell him to buy separates!
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited July 2007
    What's up LSI?! Long time no speaky... look's like we're right where we left off...

Time to crack open a cold one, and enjoy the show! :D:D:D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited July 2007
    Can't get that damn sound of Banjo's playing out of my head.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable