will Lsi7 be a good surround?

rgan
rgan Posts: 10
edited September 2002 in Speakers
Hi everyone, I am wondering will there be much of a different between using Lsi7 for surround as compared with using LsiFX? I know that LsiFX has the advantage of Dipole/Bipole and they are more flexible to fit in different rooms applications. I was going to get that originally but the store in my area didn't have any left but they did had the Lsi7 for pretty good price so I took it. My question is should I still consider the LsiFX for better surround or will the Lsi7 be just as good? :confused:

I did buy a pair of fx500i three months ago (thinking I was going to upgrade to RT Fronts but I end up going with the Lsi :D Thanks to everyone in this forum!) but I still haven't get a chance to really use the fx500i yet because I am in the middle of moving my home. Since, I haven't had the full experience with Dipole/Bipole surround… is Dipole/Bipole really that critical?

Thanks!
Post edited by rgan on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Depends on who you ask really.....I use a conventional speaker for rears in my HT and I'm not disappointed. If it floats your boat, then go with it, I say.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    edited September 2002
    Settle in your new home and we can talk about it then.

Bipolar/dipolar speakers are in my opnion the best speaker for side placement.I prefer the difuse sound over direct sound.It really open's up.
    Keep the lsi 7's and get a pair of lsif/x for sides hince 7.1 if your processor is ready for the task.

Space/room is what desides what will work best.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rgan
    rgan Posts: 10
    edited September 2002
    Thanks! I agree I should settle down and finalized on the layout of the setup first. <Just cannot wait! =) > I only have a 6.1 processor instead of a 7.1 though. Otherwise LsiFX pair with 7 will be a great idea.