Venus Williams Wins Wimbledon (again)

13»

Comments

• chopstik
    chopstik Posts: 41
    edited July 2007
    love them or hate them, you have to give credit to the williams sisters.....they came from absolutely nothing to great champions.....i agree that they got bored of tennis and tried pursuing success in other hobbies such as fashion design, which by serena's past nike outfits, isn't their strongest suit.....this might have hurt them in terms of history and the potential amount of grand slams they could've won......but sometimes players need to take a break before they reach their full potential.....look at what agassi did...he went from the pits of tennis in 1997 to playing the best tennis of his life the last 7 years of his career.....i hope the williams sisters stay healthy and continue to compete at the level they did at wimbledon b/c even though i'm more of a fan of men's tennis, i'd prefer seeing some american women winning some grand slams again....

as for federer.....unbeatable....i too wish sampras would be able to retain his grand slam record....but it's not looking too good as i think federer will at least tie him by next year.....the only hope for pete is that federer never wins the french.....at least they'll have that much in common then