One of those "Wish me luck" threads.......

brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,624
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
So after 360 days of unemployed bliss, I have an interview tomorrow with a company. It's a pharmaceutical robotics company and I'd be based out of SLC with my area being UT, ID and western CO.

I'd be installing and maintaining several different automated dispensing systems in pharmacies as well as prescription kiosks (don't know how kiosks would work really). Considering that I've worked for 11 years for one of the largest Pharmacy retailers in the nation and that for 11 years, I was one of 2 people in the entire drug division that worked with their systems being installed and worked on , I can't imagine I'd have a problem with this job, so hopefully they see that as well (unnecessarily long sentence)

So anyway.........tomorrow at 3:30 I will be interviewing............
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    Best of luck to you!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    Good luck! Keep those pills rolling.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    Good luck, hope it works out.
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited June 2007
    Best of luck. Let us know how you make out.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    Back out West huh? Best of luck brother!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Good luck! Hope you get it.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Break a leg Brett! I'll shoot one up for you.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    Good luck Brett.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    'Bout damn time.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    you'll nail it, Brett.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    good luck amigo!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    "It's a pharmaceutical robotics company".

Drugs for robots ? That's a pretty narrow market niche.

Good luck, and I know we're all looking to the future for some kharmas involving pharmaceutical grade "medicinals".
    Sal Palooza
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Good luck Brett!
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    You won't need the luck cuz yous got skillz!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    Good luck!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    Best of luck to you!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2007
    May the luck of 4 four leaf clovers be bestowed upon thee.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Give 'em hell Harry and best o' luck!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • haimoc
    haimoc Posts: 1,031
    edited June 2007
    I wish you the best luck at your interview. Go and get that job. It is yours.
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited June 2007
    Good luck!
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited June 2007
    Best of luck Brett!
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited June 2007
    good luck brett
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Best of Luck
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Good Luck Brett! :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited June 2007
    Update:

I was scheduled to sit with the HR manager for 30-45 minutes and if they liked me they would have me talk to the Hiring Manager (I think they had everyone talk to both though ultimately). I met for just over 2 hours with both of them and they both were very verbal about how impressed they were yadda yadda yadda.......

Next step is to let people know who they do or do not want to consider at this point (they stated either Friday night or Monday since they were interviewing TH and FR). They aren't pulling the trigger on the actual hire as of yet because they're waiting for a contract to be inked which should be in the immediate future since roll out of their newest product is scheduled to be July 18th.

I think things are looking really good at least in terms of qualifications, but hopefully I won't have to wait too long to see if they agree or not.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Polk65
    Polk65 Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    2 hours...? sounds promising. Good luck Brett.
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited June 2007
    Good luck! You are having quite a year with the changes.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.