Panasonic exec declares Blu Ray the winner.

2»

Comments

• PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited June 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Probably
    Not likely :rolleyes:

Many.:)

If you don't understand that ALL company execs will make stupid declarations promoting their own hardware versus competing companies you're deluded. Many people might care about BR/HD-DVD, but this PR statement from a Panasonic exec doesn't amount to a hill of beans and isn't even worth mentioning.
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 2,390
    edited June 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    If you don't understand that ALL company execs will make stupid declarations promoting their own hardware versus competing companies you're deluded. Many people might care about BR/HD-DVD, but this PR statement from a Panasonic exec doesn't amount to a hill of beans and isn't even worth mentioning.

I think you're right. Company execs will say the most stupid things to market their products. But I bet we won't see any more grand predictions for unit sales from Toshiba in the near future...;)

Wonder how long it will be before we see Wally or BestBuy make an official statement. Probably a long way off, but blockbuster was bad, big box retailers would likely seal the deal...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    Nice attitude:rolleyes:I mentioned it because I read this after reading about Blockbusters blue Ray plans and it seems the tide is turning in BR's direction. This is an AV forum that discusses such things,if you didn't like the fact that it was posted then simply ignore it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited June 2007
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Nice attitude:rolleyes:

In case you hadn't noticed this whole BR/HD-DVD debate turns ugly quickly with all the fan boys.

Besides the fact that we do have an electronics forum and a movies forum, the premise of this whole thread is just marketing PR from one side and is obviously just flame-bait.

If you don't like my attitude, keep your BR/HD-DVD marketing PR/flame-bait threads in the electronics and movies forum. Otherwise, this is the off-topic area so I'll feel free to present my "attitude" as I see fit.

Feel free to follow your own advice and ignore me as well.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    My intent was certainly not flame bait but yes I should have realized the volatility of this debate.I favour neither format but Im anxiously awaiting for one to be the clear cut winner before investing my dollars.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing