Im off......

2»

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    FAAAK.

If I NEVER drive through Indiana again, I'll die a happy man. St Louis pretty much sucks too.

Made it just to the east side of Columbus, heading into Latrobe tomorrow morning. I appreciate all the invites and well wishes - I wish I had time to see you all - it did give me an idea for the future though.......

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    it did give me an idea for the future though.......
    hmmm...:)
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Hey man, if you happen to head back through Nashville, the invite is always open....I may be in MN before to long though, and it will still be open if you ever head through there...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    I know that you can't make it this far but when you and Mark 'consumate' the visit, call me and put me on speaker phone.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    but when you and Mark 'consumate' the visit, call me and put me on speaker phone.

BDT

Troy...always the audio voyeur...
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited June 2007
    If you're driving on Interstate 70, go about 50 miles to Zanesville. When you're driving by, flip me the bird. That way I'll know it's you.:D Drive safe man.
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,411
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    FAAAK.

If I NEVER drive through Indiana again, I'll die a happy man. St Louis pretty much sucks too.

Cheers,
    Russ

lol I-70, NOTHING to see there unless you like corn fields
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2007
    Russ, you coming back through the Memphis area? If so, let me know when. Also, I need to talk to you about a visit to Dallas towards the end of July.
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2007
    And I'm only about 20 minutes from the Ozark exit off I-40, and my door is always open.

He could have taken a few weeks off and just made the Club Polk tour.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited June 2007
    He's visiting Mr. Grand and sipping some fine rum right about now.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • okiepolkie
    okiepolkie Posts: 2,258
    edited June 2007
    Mmmmm.... Mr. Grand
    Tschüss
    Zach
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    Ricardo,

After the initial tasting when you sent it, I was saving the Santa Teresa for a special occasion. Last night, that bottle of rum never had a chance. There's a half a bottle of the best Bacardi I ever drank that's also history.

Steve, the salami was a big hit.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    I hope you guys didn't just drink it....but also enjoyed it ;)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • George Grand
    edited June 2007
    No Coke involved with that Santa Teresa. It was slowly sipped all night long. You would've been proud.

Doro is next.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Like someone we know would say.....

Atta boy.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the hospitality George, you have a wonderful family and a fine home. The rum was excellent, even if the glasses were a little on the small side. ;)

I'm fat and full at Mark's, Vu is stopping by to pick up his amp, then I'ma Beam up.

Cheers,
    Russ

Oh - George, gracias on the records, I'm glad you didn't post those all those sealed Blue Notes, Verve and MFSL on the board - I think a dollar a peice was a far price.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2007
    Do you usually go for the white label? I'm not a huge whiskey fan, but with all the praise it gets here it might be worth a shot ;)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Oh - George, gracias on the records, I'm glad you didn't post those all those sealed Blue Notes, Verve and MFSL on the board - I think a dollar a peice was a far price.

Teasing the common folk!!! I cry foul!!!
  • George Grand
    edited June 2007
    Stephie brought me home those little glasses from Crete. I think they're raki glasses, and you need those to be small. Too much raki and you're blind. I had to put those to use so her feelings didn't get hurt. I didn't think you or Antny would notice anyway. It was a great visit and you are both more than welcome to venture our way again.

Is it my imagination or are there no lp's gone in trade for a pile of cash? I told you not to do that. Thanks a bunch, Githens here we come.

Come back soon.

We're talking rum, not whiskey Michael.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2007
    I was actually talking about the beam Russ is always drooling over, but you're right - I need to broaden my horizons beyond bacardi white...
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    What an EXCELLENT night. George has the backyard in tip top condition, PERFECT for the intimate get together. Mrs. Grand, the former Miss Theresa Talamonti, completely outdid herself. I had to roll out of there. Stephanie was the consumate hostess. And that Santa Theresa, holy ****!! I have not had rum, or much anything for that matter, that smooth for a very long time. It was VERY hard to let that go, Trust Me. Thank You VERY MUCH, my good friend. An OUTSTANDING evening.

Russ, as always my broham, it was great to see you again and tip a few. We'll be getting snockered again down at big Daddy's right shortly. Please let Brandi know it was great to meet her and remind her of what a saint I know she must be.

This is what it's all about, boys and girls. It don't get no better than this...

Antny
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2007
    White label is the daily driver. If you can find green 'Choice', I like it better than 'Black' (premium).

George, I took a couple old Jazz LP's. Seeing the center really struck a cord, and made it 'real' for me. I owed it to you, and Tiff, for my Van Halen selections sent gratis a few moons ago.

I'm BLOTTO right now. YES!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    Waaaaa.......glad you are enjoying your trip and doing some polkies along the way, now as far as your armed bro back at the casa, well, I figure the nut won't fall to far from the tree, I am headed out today to scout your joint, I figure once I get there, if I throw a couple of steaks and some green beer in first the coast will be clear for at least 15 minutes, thats all I need......

Thanks Bro,

RT1