OK...I give up. What's the deal with this new clothing fad?

dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
I must be getting old. I don't have a clue obviously. Please tell me what is up with this new clothing fad which evidently consists of dressing up like Tyrolian yodelers (for lack of a better description). I've seen 3 people recently who look like they're dressed for freakin' Halloween....funny European looking leather hats and boots with tights. They look like this guy but with tights. :rolleyes:
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    Don't bogart that joint, my friend......

Were they short, and did you see them near a tree full of cookies? :D
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    Is that Doro? We could tell if he turned around... :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    Ja ja, alles ist gut!
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    He is dressed like Chevy Chase in European Vacation.
    V
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Wow, were you eating the shrooms out of the front yard again? I haven't seen any leprechauns running around.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited June 2007
    pass it this way.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    IPlease tell me what is up with this new clothing fad which evidently consists of dressing up like Tyrolian yodelers (for lack of a better description).

Haven't you heard...metro-sexual style is OUT! (it's so 2005 :rolleyes: ).

Alpine-sexual is IN now! Lederhosen for guys and gals....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    Is that Doro? We could tell if he turned around... :D
    madmax

No. Doro's lederhosen are assless. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    I've been asking that question since the early 90's. First it was all black and lately it's the dirty jeans you see everywhere. WTF:confused: Why would you want to buy jeans that look like someone wore them out and took a dump on them?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    The same reason people wore shirts in the 60's that looked like they were dropped in a puddle of colored ink, or pants in the 70's that looked like they needed to use up extra fabric around the ankles. Style never makes sense, it just happens :0
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    I guess I could live with it as long as the ladies start dressing like beer wenches:

yhst-17175227365559_1953_41168538.jpg

breweench.jpg

IMGP1488.jpg

100_5928-3.jpg

DSC00755.jpg
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    I don't go with fashion trends.

My speakers don't have a "lifestyle".

My headphones don't have "quietcomfort"

I don't have one of those damn Eco friendly Subarus. What, do they pack
    a couple of beavers and rabbits in the trunk or something?
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    IMGP1488.jpg

Pregnant, with a beer, looking like a ****. Can we please get this lady a cigarette stat!?
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I don't have one of those damn Eco friendly Subarus. What, do they pack a couple of beavers and rabbits in the trunk or something?

I have a Subaru (or, ScoobyDo as we call it). I wasn't aware they were supposed to be eco-friendly.... I just like it. Don't be a hater :)
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    IMGP1488.jpg

Pregnant, with a beer, looking like a ****. Can we please get this lady a cigarette stat!?
    I was looking at the blond in the blue top.

Nothing wrong with an occasional drink - **** women have been having babies since before the time doctors reccomended cigarettes and before doctors even existed.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2007
    Ha....verry funny. No I do not smoke or do shrooms................anymore :D
    I take it no one else has witnessed any of these poor misguided youths. They are not short BTW so I know for a fact it's not leprechauns, although it is heavily forested around here. They definitely do look forest-dwelling though. This one guy was in a restaurant and was wearing leopard spotted tights, a funny pointed leather hat and I think he also had some chains hanging. He looked like a scary, evil looking Robin Hood. My Mom said it's the weirdest she's ever seen and she's 85 :confused: Maybe it's just an Oregon thing. So far I think shack is closest to the real explanation....I didn't know metro was even out. Shows how out of touch I am. :rolleyes:
    BTW, beer and wenches....a classic combination of two of my favorite things. ;)
    And you know, that could be Doro. From the pics I've seen, there does seem to be a strong resemblance. It's almost uncanny.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    IMGP1488.jpg

Isn't that a Pepsi she's holding? It does appear she puts out though.:D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    Sure looks like a can of Budlight to me?
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I have a Subaru (or, ScoobyDo as we call it). I wasn't aware they were supposed to be eco-friendly.... I just like it. Don't be a hater :)

They have those stupid ads about their eco friendly plant in Indiana.
    It sports some goof with a sweater vest, cord jacket, and a two day old growth of beard. Almost as bad as those zoom zoom zoom ads for Mazda.

So when do we have the Polk polka fest complete with the beer wenches?
    Maybe some brauts with sourkraut. That would take me back about 40 years.
    It seemed pretty fun at the time. Short term memory loss(alcohol related)
    may account for that impression!
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    ditto
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2007
    Isn't that a Pepsi she's holding? It does appear she puts out though.:D
    Is that a baboon she's talking to?
  • halo
    edited June 2007
    dragon1952 wrote: »
    Is that a baboon she's talking to?

looks like the mullet man to me and he looks like he is in his own little world. whoever she's talking to is out of the shot.
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007
    jmwest1970 wrote: »
    I've been asking that question since the early 90's. First it was all black and lately it's the dirty jeans you see everywhere. WTF:confused: Why would you want to buy jeans that look like someone wore them out and took a dump on them?

My wife pays like $120.00 for jeans with holes in them from Armani but gets pissed if I wear my jeans with holes in them that I erned from hard work (just broken in and REALLY comfortable). I really go off the deep end when I look for them to find out she threw them away!!!!
    I thought of getting even and throwing her's away but then I remember how much I just spent on them an chicken out.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • sucks2beme
    edited June 2007
    MSALLA wrote: »
    My wife pays like $120.00 for jeans with holes in them from Armani but gets pissed if I wear my jeans with holes in them that I erned from hard work (just broken in and REALLY comfortable). I really go off the deep end when I look for them to find out she threw them away!!!!
    I thought of getting even and throwing her's away but then I remember how much I just spent on them an chicken out.

She's throws yours out , you're upset.
    You throw her's out- she's ready to shop again.
    Just go ahead and get her the serving wench outfit.
    Point to this thread.. but honey, it's the latest fashion!
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited June 2007
    I'd wear that if it came with a beer wench (referring to first photo). Das boot!
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    They have those stupid ads about their eco friendly plant in Indiana.
    It sports some goof with a sweater vest, cord jacket, and a two day old growth of beard. Almost as bad as those zoom zoom zoom ads for Mazda.

Blech, good thing I don't watch commercials, or I'd actually be DISsuaded from buying my car after a **** ad like that.
    Nothing wrong with an occasional drink - **** women have been having babies since before the time doctors reccomended cigarettes and before doctors even existed.

Wow. Do your future kids a favor - don't have kids. Just because no one knew the risks doesn't mean they weren't THERE. I agree that the occasional drink probably does no harm to a pregnant woman, but standing at a party with a can of Bud Light doesn't sound like an occasional drink to me
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007

Just go ahead and get her the serving wench outfit.
    Point to this thread.. but honey, it's the latest fashion!

I'm not touching this one:D
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    steveinaz wrote: »
    No. Doro's lederhosen are assless. LOL

Damn, thats what I was going to say!
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »

Thats what it looks like to me. Any chance the pregnant belly is part of the costume? Lets hope so.
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited June 2007
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    Thats what it looks like to me. Any chance the pregnant belly is part of the costume? Lets hope so.

She's not pregnant. That's her beer belly. She normally drinks the leaded stuff. :D