blew up my first speaker today

2»

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    michael_w wrote: »
    The comment or the picture in your head of MacLeod sitting on his couch in his underwear with a beer?

things that make you go....blehhhhhhhh
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,386
    edited June 2007
    ilikesound wrote: »
    **** are you talking about? maybe someday you will have the courage to go out and have some fun. in the meantime, go back to your day job and cry as your mortgage goes up, and feed your family instead of ripping on a 23 year old who actually enjoys car audio and all its aspects.
    sorry, but it had to be said.

^^^Proof positive that my point is valid.^^^

Shack.........:D

Man, can I stir the pot or what!?!

Carry on fellas, I'm heading back upstairs.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited June 2007
    michael_w wrote: »
    The comment or the picture in your head of MacLeod sitting on his couch in his underwear with a beer?

Well, since the comment led to that image forcing it's way in to my brain, I'm going to reply with 'both'.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited June 2007
    for the sake of argument, what sort of equipment have you in *your* ride, F1nut?

am i *really* a minority in that i prefer to have good sounding music BOTH in my VEHICLE and my HOUSE? i have very modest (compared to many folks here) but good sounding systems in 3 rooms of the house, somewhat lesser quality setups in two other rooms, not including speakers in the bathroom and outside on the deck, and complete aftermarket systems (including subs) in both vehicles. this doesnt include the monitors in my home studio, which although middle-of-the-road as studios go, are much more accurate than even a lot of expensive speakers. none of these are particularly competition-audiophile-professional-grade or whatever. and this makes me less of an adult? LO-F'in-L...

honestly, i think the roadmaster sacrifice is pretty funny. though i cant imagine that i will be duplicating the experiment, as a spectator, i am in...

it took this thread to make me aware of the... ahem... rivalry(?) between car audio and home audio enthusiasts. me encanta el internet!

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    I don't see there being a rivalry between the two areas. I'm an avid fan of both.

Sometimes there are just rivalries/disagreements between people who happen to be in different areas.

Rest assured, even if ilikesound was a home audio guy and killed a HT sub, F1 would still stir the pot.

:D
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Yeah Jesse, just go back up stairs to your moldy cheese and a warm merlot! ;)
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    I thought it was pringles and diet coke, not cheese and merlot?

I think Jesse drinks white zin anyhow.

I don't think there is any real rivalry between car and home audio. But, it's fun to stir the pot sometimes so the forum doesn't get too stagnant.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2007
    Thats actually a throwback to some dude on here Jesse was setting straight a year or so ago. He accused Jesse of being a snob sitting around in his smoking jacket drinking a warm merlot and eating moldy cheese. That mental image always gave me a chuckle! :D
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • F1nut
    edited June 2007
    LOL....it was something like, you sit around and drink your cheap merlot, eat molding cheese and smoke your mahageny (not mahogany) pipe.

I don't think there's a rivalry either and none of my comments have indicated otherwise.

To answer your question, Honda cber. An Pioneer 8 track cassette player and Jensen 6x9's. ;)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MacLeod
    edited June 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    To answer your question, Honda cber. An Pioneer 8 track cassette player and Jensen 6x9's. ;)

I with you!! 8 tracks will make a comeback! Ive still got my stash. I think Ive even got an 8 track of Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil.

• F1nut
    edited June 2007
    I didn't think you were old enough to remember 8 tracks.....that's a compliment.

So, there it is. Mac sitting around in his underwear listening to his 8 track of Motley Crue, me with my cheese, wine and mahageny pipe and we're raising a ruckus in the old folks home. Oh wait, here comes ilikesound to join the party with another sub he wants to blow up. Good times! :p

President of Club Polk