HBO Hard Knocks - Chiefs

2»

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited August 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    this quote from herm epitomizes why Kansas City under his tutelage will be a good team, but not a great team. DO you know how many times I'd be at the Meadowlands and watch Herm call a running play on 3rd and long?

if he didnt run, it would be a pass...like...4 yards short of a first down.

it boggled the effing mind!!!!!!! it's pissong me off just thinking about it, which is so key as to why I drank myself silly in celebratory GLEE when I heard he was leaving town.

I'm not saying Herm is a bad coach, he just doesnt have the take risk...go for the balls..attitude it takes to win a championship. Ultra conservative playing will not win a championship in this league. you have to take chances and put faith in your players ability to get the job done.

Umm.. buddy.. that was a joke article. Not serious. Herm NEVER said that... please... :D

I thought it was VERY funny! Good find! :) Believe it or not, I really think that KC will throw the ball a TON more then last year... only time will tell of course. Brodie has a rocket for an arm...

Judging from Denver's starting O last game... Ouch. It's gonna be a long season ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    The title made me think of that old Steve Atwater hit on Christian Okoye. Absolute destruction...

this one?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThX1qkIgbEg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThX1qkIgbEg&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited August 2007
    Eh, we had three O-line starters out and are still not gameplanning or zone blocking yet. Can't say your o-line is looking any better. Besides, I'll take what our QB had been doing over that bonehead Croyle. I hope Herm starts him for the season so his confidence can get shattered. The guy has shown some potential but he's not ready for prime time.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bruss
    edited August 2007
    i scored denver and oakland tickets at arrowhead.. if they win those 2 ill be happy
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    ATLANTA--Around 200 cats gathered outside the Georgia Dome on Saturday to voice their support for Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, who is facing jail time for the killing and maiming of dozens of dogs as part of an illegal dog fighting ring. The cats stood for hours in the sweltering heat carrying signs that read “Free Mike Vick,” “Vick is a hero,” and “The **** had it coming.”

The protest illustrated the sharp divide between dog lovers and cats when it comes to dog fighting in this country.

“This is a grave injustice,” said 7-year-old Minnie. “Michael Vick is a hero in the cat community. By killing all those bloodthirsty, insane animals, he has saved the lives of hundreds of cats. Do you know what pit bulls do when they come across a stray cat? They eat them. Of course, nobody thinks about that. They just think about how cute and lovable they are. Well they're not so cute and lovable when they're crapping out your remains on the front lawn.”

Another cat, a 10-year-old American Shorthair named Butterscotch, blasted PETA and other animal right’s groups for their hypocrisy on the matter.

“PETA claims to be animal rights advocates, but they’re very selective about which animals they are protecting,” said Butterscotch. “Fact: dogs remain the biggest killers of cats in the world. Fact: dogs consider cats meals. Now, am I asking humans to go around killing dogs? No, I’m simply asking them to be a little more open-minded. Michael Vick is not a monster. He is the real victim in all this. He and Bobby Petrino. I bet that poor **** never imagined his dream job would be ruined by a bunch of dead dogs.”

When the subject of dog fighting came up, many of the protesters pointed to the fact that pit bulls love to fight and are utterly worthless except as violent gladiators. They also noted that cats, unlike dogs, could not be bred to fight because they are naturally peaceful, Zen-like creatures.

“Um…let me get this straight. Vick is being punished for making pit bulls fight each other?” asked Raggles, 8. “What exactly would those pit bulls do if they weren’t fighting each other? Go to college? Join the Peace Corps? Pit bulls fight. That’s just what they do. Cats, on the other hand, rarely fight, and when we do it’s for legitimate reasons, not just for bloodlust. But hey, who cares about cats, right? We won’t fetch your slippers, so we’re worthless.”

To many, it came as a surprise that Vick still had supporters after accepting a plea deal and admitting to the killing of dogs. However, Falcons owner Arthur Blank said he understood where the cats were coming from and admitted to having mixed emotions himself.

“It is a very complicated matter and I myself have mixed emotions,” Blank told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. “Try as I may, I can’t look at Michael as a hardened criminal or murderer. He’s just a young guy who made a terrible mistake and did something really deplorable. As for the cats, of course they are going to have a different perspective on this than everyone else. To them, dogs are like terrorists and Mike Vick is like the U.S. government, only way, way more successful.”

As for PETA, the group maintains its staunch anti-Mike Vick stance despite the cats’ protests, and believes the cats need a “reality check” if they think Vick is a hero.

“Michael Vick is a deplorable, sick human being,” said Ingrid Newkirk, director of PETA. “For these cats to stand there and say that he is a hero is pathetic. I don’t care if they don’t like dogs. Their petty prejudices are no excuse to stand behind someone who is, essentially, a murderer. Do they really think Michael was killing those dogs in order to save cats? He was killing them because he has no compassion for other living creatures. And believe me, he would have happily bred cats to fight if they weren't such pansies.”
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited August 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Eh, we had three O-line starters out and are still not gameplanning or zone blocking yet. Can't say your o-line is looking any better. Besides, I'll take what our QB had been doing over that bonehead Croyle. I hope Herm starts him for the season so his confidence can get shattered. The guy has shown some potential but he's not ready for prime time.

Ya, I'll give it to you that Denver is always competitive at least...

Our O has been very scary sad last two games... hope LJ adds the spark we need. If our Line can stay together, we should be able to compete.

I think Croyle will be just fine. Better option then Huard any day of the week in my book.

Cheers!
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2007
    McNightly:
    I admire your willingness to stand behind Croyle, while he takes on such a steep learning curve. If LJ is able to find some holes that should help the youngster develop without being blitz into the grave. If I was the Chiefs OC, I'd have Gonzales in the slot as much as possible, just as a quick outlet.
    I wonder though if letting Croyle start is more of a sign of long term trust in Edwards as much as anything.

Finally, a big round of Kudos to the Hunt family for the additional 75 million towards Arrowhead upgrades. May they never sell the franchise.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • bruss
    edited August 2007
    in order for lj to really get going croyle HAS to do something.. You stop LJ with a bunch in the box and make the unproven beat you
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    The other issue for the chiefs is no running back in the history of the NFL has had over 380 carries and not had their production fall the next year by at least 30%. LJ just set the record for carries. It was probably good he stayed out of camp. I just see his wheels falling off between week 4 and 6.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    5/17 for 45 yards and a pick? I think I might start panicking!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Umm.. buddy.. that was a joke article. Not serious. Herm NEVER said that... please... :D

DOH!, but in my defense, isnt it sad that the joke is so close to accurate, I actually thought it was true?

I'm not kidding when I say he would call a running play on 3rd and very long more often than I can count. can you imagine what a crowd of 70000 people sounds like when they all say "WTF?" at the same time?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    can you imagine what a crowd of 70000 people sounds like when they all say "WTF?" at the same time?

I think that happened last night at Arrowhead.