HBO Hard Knocks - Chiefs

MrNightly
MrNightly Posts: 3,370
edited August 2007 in The Clubhouse
I can't wait! This will be fantastic!

I'm tempted to get cable just for this! Anybody else a fan of the show?

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/06/02/chiefs_to_be_featured_in_hbos_hard_knocks_this_summer/

Football can't get here fast enough!!! This offseason is killing me!
Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
Stuff...

RTi12's - front
CSi5 - center
FXi3's - surrounds
RTi4's - surrounds
SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
Denon 3805
Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

Post edited by MrNightly on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Cheifs Suck, nothing more see here, move along....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Cheifs Suck, nothing more see here, move along....

;) It's a new season... the playoff loss is behind us... we have one of the best linebacking cores in the NFL... oh ya. Bring it on! Top 10 D this year, you heard it here first!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    The title made me think of that old Steve Atwater hit on Christian Okoye. Absolute destruction...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2007
    Great, another series from HBO. I wonder if the series finale will blow?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    The title made me think of that old Steve Atwater hit on Christian Okoye. Absolute destruction...

Atwater could lay a lickin' couldn't he?
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
  • MrNightly
    edited June 2007
    Darn right! Watch out for KC this year!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Atwater could lay a lickin' couldn't he?

Oh yes! He was my favorite "small big hitter" after Ronnie Lott.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    That should be a TIVO record show. Can't wait. Herm is a trip.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    Fantastic! Absolutely fantastic!

I'm so pumped about this year... gonna be a wild ride!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    It'll be "fantastic" just to watch Herm Edwards be a ****. I wouldn't give that lunatic a job at a Dunkin Donuts, let alone managing a multi-million dollar franchise.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    lol :p

IT HAS BEGUN!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2007
    Oh, is this Chiefs theme song for this year? Is that what this thread is about...?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oh_ex3VGHIM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oh_ex3VGHIM&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:p
  • MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    It'll be "fantastic" just to watch Herm Edwards be a ****. I wouldn't give that lunatic a job at a Dunkin Donuts, let alone managing a multi-million dollar franchise.

He actually didn't have a ton of face time... don't know what you have against the man... he's a good coach. Now Priest?! I wonder if he's in it merely for the face time... ha. That guy is something else...

Regardless, FOOTBALL season is nearly upon us... for that, I'm a happier guy! :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited August 2007
    He actually didn't have a ton of face time... don't know what you have against the man... he's a good coach. Now Priest?! I wonder if he's in it merely for the face time... ha. That guy is something else...

Regardless, FOOTBALL season is nearly upon us... for that, I'm a happier guy! :D

Have you ever watched his press conferences?! When he was the Jets coach I used to see him all the time (same division), I can't even explain it. Aside from the fact that he's coaching your favorite team, which causes a little cognitive dissonance, I have no idea why you think he's a "good coach". Entertaining coach, sure. I love when he gets into loops of saying nonsense things, like "you play to win the game." But he's under .500 in his coaching career, he's comically bad with clock management... as a fan of the Chiefs, after that playoff disaster last year that sure seemed like mostly his fault, I would think you'd have turned on him by now.

God I love football season.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited August 2007
    I watched an episode of the show this morning whilst doing some stuff for work and thought it was pretty cool. I'll have to check out another round.

I rolled when that dude was playing Guitar Hero and screaming "I'm in the zone!" w/ a mouthful of chew.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    Bob:

You're assuming he and the queefs can even make the playoffs in the AFC. Do you honestly see them in the top six teams in the AFC? There are at least eight teams clearly better and another 2 that are probably better than them. The Chiefs will be lucky to get 7 wins this year and based on their roster, I wouldn't get too excited anytime soon.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    I watched an episode of the show this morning whilst doing some stuff for work and thought it was pretty cool. I'll have to check out another round.

I rolled when that dude was playing Guitar Hero and screaming "I'm in the zone!" w/ a mouthful of chew.

Allen... he's a riot! I'm very excited about seeing the next 4 episodes. Should be good entertainment until the season starts!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    Bob:

You're assuming he and the queefs can even make the playoffs in the AFC. Do you honestly see them in the top six teams in the AFC? There are at least eight teams clearly better and another 2 that are probably better than them. The Chiefs will be lucky to get 7 wins this year and based on their roster, I wouldn't get too excited anytime soon.

Isn't it a little early to be saying who will make the playoffs? Let me guess, the donkeys are one of your top 6 teams huh? Oh that's right, their last game, they lost to the Niners... at HOME... ouch.

Depending on how well our O-line plays, we could be a very dangerous team. Our D will be top 10, most likely top 5... so if the O can contend and put up a few points, we'll be competitive.

But as they say... "it's why you play the game..." :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2007
    Caught an episode the other night. I do like the fact that the Chiefs are smart enough to continue training camp away from home. But unless Huard starts at QB, it's a no hoper, the receiving corps outside of Gonzales is mediocre (the rookie WR's need a year or two). Defensively, Allen should never have had is suspension reduced to just two games, but he is a bull.

As for Larry Johnson, he's gone after this year, GM Peterson won't put up that nonsense. He just has to find a team willing to part with half of their draft choices to get rid of him.

For the Broncos McKnightly, better linebackers, the best corner tandem in football now that Bly has joined the Champ Bailey. They went and got a some big D-lineman, so no more getting pushed around in Nov. and December. Offensively, Cutler is better than any KC QB, Travis Henry's one-cut running style is perfect for the Broncos line blocking scheme. Wide receivers are better between Javon Walker and Stokely/Marshall. Only Gonzales at TE do the Chiefs have an advantage, but Denver has more depth at TE between Scheffler and Daniel Graham.

The killer for the Broncos is their late season schedule, 5-7 on the road to finish, that's brutal.

The AFC West and East are far and away the two best divisions in footbal, even with the Raiders. But as you say, that's why they play the games.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    Isn't it a little early to be saying who will make the playoffs? Let me guess, the donkeys are one of your top 6 teams huh? Oh that's right, their last game, they lost to the Niners... at HOME... ouch.

Depending on how well our O-line plays, we could be a very dangerous team. Our D will be top 10, most likely top 5... so if the O can contend and put up a few points, we'll be competitive.

But as they say... "it's why you play the game..." :D

You're absolutely right. Embarrassing yourself in the first round of the playoffs and proving you didn't belong in the postseason is a much better way to end the season! ;)

BTW, Who's going to be your running back? The guy who had 600 carries over the last 18 months and wants the big paycheck before he blows out his knee week 1 or the guy who's been out for two years? Don't you have some guy from the Vikings who could never stay healthy for more than 2 games in a row? Yikes!

Seriously: Have the Cheifs improved anywhere this offseason?
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007
    as a jets fan, I say to the cheifs fans "thanks for hiring Herm, have fun never winning a championship :p "

he will have them in the playoffs a number of times, but never a contender. it is the curse of the Edwards
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    But Lou, have you looked at KC's roster? It's, well, frightening! (For Chiefs fans anyway) I'd guess Herm will be gone before they get back.

Mark: I'd agree. The Chiefs only have an advantage over Denver at RB (if LJ plays and doesn't break down) and TE1. In all other positions Denver is better or equal to them. You left out the AFC North. Their top three teams are all tough.

The AFC does look fairly wide open. The only team that doesn't have major issues is NE and that assumes everyone plays nicely together. The NFC loks like the JV conference again this year.
  • MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    Caught an episode the other night. I do like the fact that the Chiefs are smart enough to continue training camp away from home. But unless Huard starts at QB, it's a no hoper, the receiving corps outside of Gonzales is mediocre (the rookie WR's need a year or two). Defensively, Allen should never have had is suspension reduced to just two games, but he is a bull.

As for Larry Johnson, he's gone after this year, GM Peterson won't put up that nonsense. He just has to find a team willing to part with half of their draft choices to get rid of him.

For the Broncos McKnightly, better linebackers, the best corner tandem in football now that Bly has joined the Champ Bailey. They went and got a some big D-lineman, so no more getting pushed around in Nov. and December. Offensively, Cutler is better than any KC QB, Travis Henry's one-cut running style is perfect for the Broncos line blocking scheme. Wide receivers are better between Javon Walker and Stokely/Marshall. Only Gonzales at TE do the Chiefs have an advantage, but Denver has more depth at TE between Scheffler and Daniel Graham.

The killer for the Broncos is their late season schedule, 5-7 on the road to finish, that's brutal.

The AFC West and East are far and away the two best divisions in football, even with the Raiders. But as you say, that's why they play the games.

I hate football fan battles :D We all know SO much!!! ;) But nevertheless...

Donkeys with better LB's then KC? You must be kidding me... we have one of the top three LB's group in the NFL!! Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris and Derrick Johnson... they are the fastest KC has ever had... that's saying something!

Granted, our WR is very weak... let's hope Bowe can be a big lift...

RB's? I'd take KC's over Denver's.

And our secondary is gonna be hard to beat as well... assuming we don't lose any of our CB's to injury. Law and Surtain, though old, still are rock solid. Every heard of two new guys called Page and Pollard? Um.. welcome to Kansas City :D

Regardless, every fan feels his team has made great improvements, and I seriously don't know why everyone has to BASH and tear up the Chiefs?!

jdhdiggs is just vehement against them... and other's just laugh. To blame it on the HC, is crazy. He wasn't out there under center like Green who couldn't complete a pass in the playoff loss... and when you have a one trick pony in LJ, about time somebody shut him down. I actually think that the three guys we have in camp (Minus Priest) are rock solid, and might be a better change then LJ. All three can block and catch, and Bennett is/was the fastest man in the NFL.

So here's one for the Football season that is about to begin, and the Best Division in Football... the AFC West!!! :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited August 2007
    You're absolutely right. Embarrassing yourself in the first round of the playoffs and proving you didn't belong in the postseason is a much better way to end the season! ;)

BTW, Who's going to be your running back? The guy who had 600 carries over the last 18 months and wants the big paycheck before he blows out his knee week 1 or the guy who's been out for two years? Don't you have some guy from the Vikings who could never stay healthy for more than 2 games in a row? Yikes!

Seriously: Have the Cheifs improved anywhere this offseason?

Embarrassing? We shut down the Colts (And future Superbowl Champs) and their high power offense the entire first half... Our D looked quite impressive... Our O, well ya... they sucked!

But we still got into the playoffs, and we still didn't lose at HOME against the 9'ers... so common...

Anyone in their right mind, if offered a LOSS at home against a subpar team that keeps you out of the playoffs, or a game that you lose by less then 2 scores in the playoffs, which would you take? No brainer...

Any yes, we've improved in WR (Stud WR Dwayne Bowe - 1st rounder), RB (Stud 5th rounder, healthy Bennett) depth, TE (Dunn is back, arguably the best Blocking TE in the NFL), OL (All of training camp to play together), DL (2 big fella's who will help), and Special Teams. I also feel we will have an upgraded QB with Croyle over Green. Green flat out sucked last year... Is he as good as Denver's QB? Probably not right now, but his arm is just as good, and if he can get some playing time, we'll find out!

Cheers!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited August 2007
    The big question in the NFL this season is how bad can Norv Turner screw up the Chargers. Best talent and most depth in the league, but Turner just isn't head coach material. Did you see how fast Cam Cameron and Wade Phillips left town, what does that tell any fan about how messed up things were at the top.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    To me, the big question is will Indy be able to field a defense or are they going to becom a copy of the early 90's Falcon's.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited August 2007
    Brodie Croyle Looking To Prove He Can Hand-Off Against NFL Defenses
    KANSAS CITY--24-year old Brodie Croyle is being hailed as the Chiefs’ quarterback of the future, but the youngster hasn’t been guaranteed the starting job just yet. Croyle is locked in a competition with veteran Damon Huard and knows that in order to earn his way into the top spot, he’s going to have to convince Herm Edwards that he can hand the ball off against first string NFL defenses.

“It’s real important for me to prove myself in these preseason games,” Croyle said after Thursday’s game against the Miami Dolphins. “Coach Edwards will be watching me closely to see how I carry myself out there. The biggest challenge is going to be learning to hand the ball off on every single play. It’s easy to do against vanilla defenses, but when you’re up against, say, the Baltimore Ravens starting unit, it’s a different ball game. You really have to keep your head on a swivel. Otherwise you could end up handing it off to the wrong team.”

In his down time, Croyle practices his hand-off motion in his bedroom mirror and spends hours pouring over game tape of Hall of Famers like Joe Montana and John Elway to study their motions.

“Even when I’m not at practice I am still pushing myself,” Croyle said. “I am always tweaking my motion. What I really enjoy is studying the game’s greats and watching how they did it. Guys like John Elway and Joe Montana – the ease and confidence with which they placed the ball in the midsection of the running backs is amazing. It’s just second nature to them. Occasionally they would drop back to throw, but Coach Edwards isn’t into those gadget plays.”

Croyle, drafted in 2006, didn’t get a lot of snaps in his rookie season so he was still an unknown commodity coming into training camp this year. Many believed that Huard, a seasoned veteran who performed well last year in Trent Green’s absence, would be the starter, but Edwards surprised everyone by saying the job was up for grabs.

“I was just so excited when Herm said that I would have a shot at the job,” said Croyle. “And Damon has been awesome about the whole thing. He’s been a real mentor to me. When I first came to camp and asked him to help me read defenses, he was like ‘Why? All you have to do is hand the ball off.’ Then I asked him about screen passes and he was like ‘Screen passes? What are we, Boise State? You just hand the ball off.’ So that really helped me narrow my focus down to what I needed to do.

“Yes, Herm runs a conservative offense here, but who am I to question a guy with a career record of 48-48?”

Edwards admits to being a conservative play-caller, but also points out that a rush-only offense takes pressure off the quarterback and punishes opposing defenders with its relentless pounding. With stud tailback Larry Johnson finally ready to return to the team, Edwards sees even more reason to pound the ball.

“I don’t feel the need to continuously air the ball out all game,” said Edwards. “Constantly rushing is better because it’s painful for the opposition and it utilizes our best weapon, which is Larry Johnson. Now, this doesn’t mean we will never throw the ball. We will utilize the ‘forward pass’ here and there to keep the defense on their toes. But honestly, even if it’s fourth and long with two seconds left in the game, it’s better to run the ball because an interception could result in a much larger margin of defeat.”

While Edwards continues to maintain that the starting QB job is up for grabs, there are indications that he’s leaning towards giving it to Croyle, with Huard playing the role of backup and mentor. Surprisingly, Huard seems to be on board with this.

“I have no problem being a mentor,” Huard said. “It’s the best job in America, because you get to collect an NFL paycheck while doing nothing. I just hope Brodie keeps working hard and impressing the coaches. The backup job is mine to lose and I will NOT let some little **** step up and take it from me. So in that sense, this really is a cut throat competition.”

http://thebrushback.com/croyle_full.htm
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited August 2007
    To me, the big question is will Indy be able to field a defense or are they going to becom a copy of the early 90's Falcon's.

Those Falcies were a fun team to watch. Billie Joe Tolliver's hail mary to Michael Haynes to beat the 49ers is still probably one of my favorite memories.

"Concussion" Chris Miller to Andre Rison. Yeah, the offense was usually on. The defense was one of the worst I've ever seen.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2007

“I don’t feel the need to continuously air the ball out all game,” said Edwards. “Constantly rushing is better because it’s painful for the opposition and it utilizes our best weapon, which is Larry Johnson. Now, this doesn’t mean we will never throw the ball. We will utilize the ‘forward pass’ here and there to keep the defense on their toes. But honestly, even if it’s fourth and long with two seconds left in the game, it’s better to run the ball because an interception could result in a much larger margin of defeat.”

http://thebrushback.com/croyle_full.htm

this quote from herm epitomizes why Kansas City under his tutelage will be a good team, but not a great team. DO you know how many times I'd be at the Meadowlands and watch Herm call a running play on 3rd and long?

if he didnt run, it would be a pass...like...4 yards short of a first down.

it boggled the effing mind!!!!!!! it's pissong me off just thinking about it, which is so key as to why I drank myself silly in celebratory GLEE when I heard he was leaving town.

I'm not saying Herm is a bad coach, he just doesnt have the take risk...go for the balls..attitude it takes to win a championship. Ultra conservative playing will not win a championship in this league. you have to take chances and put faith in your players ability to get the job done.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites