Is this our John K?

2»

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2007
    Don't flatter yourself 95% of what comes out from you on this forum here is BS. Why the F would I want to research BS.

In general I really don't like lawyers. If you are not the typical lawyer please do not read any further

Nah, that's not insulting. :rolleyes:

Another notch on the putz-o-meter.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I actually work with Michael Hunt at Westinghouse.

Just enjoying a sophomoric pun, Carl. Glad to hear Michael didn't read anything more sinister into it.

We now return you to Serious Saturday...................... :p
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited June 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Nah, that's not insulting. :rolleyes:

Another notch on the putz-o-meter.

BDT

I knew it wouldn't take long for my buddy Troy to jump in:rolleyes:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TroyD
    edited June 2007
    Hey, I've no great love for JohnK. He's the audio anti-Christ...however, if I insult someone and it's uncalled for I'm willing to man up and apologize.

BDT
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    TroyD wrote: »
    Hey, I've no great love for JohnK. He's the audio anti-Christ...however, if I insult someone and it's uncalled for I'm willing to man up and apologize.

BDT

The first to make my Ignored list.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • TroyD
    edited June 2007
    I'm trying to post a picture of the tears I'm shedding but the won't show up on the picture.

I'm sure you can picture it though.

(ten bucks says Ben reads this)

BDT
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited June 2007
    John K. wrote: »
    Ben, one of my friends on the board sent me a PM yesterday, or I wouldn't have noticed this(very little of my internet time is spent here, most is on another audio board or an investment board where I give legal or financial advice). I've greatly appreciated good investigatory work in helping to put the bad guys away, but a couple observations: you assumed that K. related to a last name rather than my middle initial; although you posted in it after you joined us, you apparently didn't check the "What do you do for a living?" thread to see if there might be some info on one of the more senior members. Incidentally, both science and law teach you to keep a mind open for solid evidence but not to take other stuff seriously in making a judgment.

The possible i.d. with Mr. Kreskovsky was rather flattering, since he seems to be a very bright guy judging from his published scientific papers. Haven't heard anything about his speaker design, though. If you make one, give us a review.

I just saw this thread and never once in that guys page did I think it was you. I don't think you could put those words on the web page together into a real sentence. OH...also... you have friends on this site?
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    Just enjoying a sophomoric pun, Carl. Glad to hear Michael didn't read anything more sinister into it.

We now return you to Serious Saturday...................... :p

Mike, Mr Hunt gets teased like you can't imagine. We leave him crank messages on his machine. I'm surprised he can keep his sense of humor. I was on a conference call with him on Friday with a female Marketing engineer. She keep saying Mike Hunt and you could hear the muffled laughter during this call. I don't thisnk she got it. He's actually Ukrainian, born in Florida to an American father. Great guy! He's got a kick **** audio system. He's a big DIY guy speakers, DACs, etc.
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    I was on a conference call with him on Friday with a female Marketing engineer. She keep saying Mike Hunt and you could hear the muffled laughter during this call. I don't think she got it.

Perhaps because her name is Ophelia Balls!!!:eek:
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited June 2007
    His NaO II speakers would leave most of you with your jaws on the floor.
    I have not heard these but reports from others say they rank right up there with Linkwitzs Orion dipole.
    You are lucky to have been be able to hear them, I bet they are amazing.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    I still don't understand all the hate for John here. So he doesn't subscribe to all the nonsense that some of the people do on this forum, big deal, move on. That's no reason to constantly be an **** to the guy. I have rarely, if ever seen him go out of his way to mock someone, most of his posts are extremely respectful, yet all the yahoo's go out of their way to treat him like crap.

Funny thing is, those who attack him, attack him for not having an open mind. Any one else see that as a case of the kettle calling the pot black?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    I still don't understand all the hate for John here. So he doesn't subscribe to all the nonsense that some of the people do on this forum, big deal, move on. That's no reason to constantly be an **** to the guy. I have rarely, if ever seen him go out of his way to mock someone, most of his posts are extremely respectful, yet all the yahoo's go out of their way to treat him like crap.

Funny thing is, those who attack him, attack him for not having an open mind. Any one else see that as a case of the kettle calling the pot black?

I don't think anyone hates him. No I don't see as the kettle calling the pot black. Please reread the post on the top of this page slowly, and open minded. I also think that most people who believe in cable started out not believing till they actually tried them.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,437
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »

Open mind? Nah, that's not the reason. His MO is to respond to a new member, one who doesn't know much, and proceed to preach like his word is the gospel truth, it's not. Instead of encouraging a newbie to try something for himself, he tells them everything sounds the same. You think that's good advice? I sure don't and that's the reason he gets zero respect around here.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk