Is this our John K?

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Judging by what he posts here and the info there I would guess "yes".
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    We have a John K?
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    I believe Ben has smoked the anti-audio insurgent from his cave.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    "The NaO IIt
    built by
    Mike Hunt, PA"

Hehehehe his speakers are built by Mike Hunt. :D
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Say Mike Hunt 5 times fast:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    "The NaO IIt
    built by
    Mike Hunt, PA"

I'm peeing my pants over here!!!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    Say Mike Hunt 5 times fast:D
    I went to high school with a Mike Hunt. Poor kid.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Face wrote: »
    I went to high school with a Mike Hunt. Poor kid.

I was called Benji when I was little. Then that fn Benji the dog movie came out. It made me a lot tougher:mad:
    Thanks
    Ben
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited June 2007
    I was called Benji when I was little. Then that fn Benji the dog movie came out. It made me a lot tougher:mad:

Yep, I feel your pain. How about that damn Michael Jackson movie? Or the sports cream?

"A Boy Named Sue" has nothing on us!

(another) Ben
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    strider wrote: »
    Yep, I feel your pain. How about that damn Michael Jackson movie? Or the sports cream?

"A Boy Named Sue" has nothing on us!

(another) Ben

By the time MJ, and Ben **** came out there were very few that picked on me;) I was known as crazy Ben, and his brothers. My sig is my birth date.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    spotted
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    WELL?????????

Is it our John K??????
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2007
    jakelm wrote: »
    WELL?????????

Is it our John K??????

Don't encourage Ben's stalking! :D
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Don't encourage Ben's stalking! :D

Sorry. I shouldn't pick on some I shared opinions with less than a year ago:o

edit
    spell check
    Thanks
    Ben
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited June 2007
    Detective Ben Tracy. P.I
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    By the time MJ, and Ben **** came out there were very few that picked on me;) I was known as crazy Ben, and his brothers. My sig is my birth date.

June 06, 670 AD ?

Oh, you're Middle Aged.
    Sal Palooza
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    If I recall....OUR resident Anti HI-FI Audio Insurgent claims to be an attorney.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »
    If I recall....OUR resident Anti HI-FI Audio Insurgent claims to be an attorney.

. . . and currently a district attorney.
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »

A nice Deputy down here said "Attorneys are lier's, judges are X attorneys, and if the judge does enough favors they become promoted to legislature". Attorney does sound right; my dad is so full of crap he believes his own crap.;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • John K.
    John K. Posts: 822
    edited June 2007
    Ben, one of my friends on the board sent me a PM yesterday, or I wouldn't have noticed this(very little of my internet time is spent here, most is on another audio board or an investment board where I give legal or financial advice). I've greatly appreciated good investigatory work in helping to put the bad guys away, but a couple observations: you assumed that K. related to a last name rather than my middle initial; although you posted in it after you joined us, you apparently didn't check the "What do you do for a living?" thread to see if there might be some info on one of the more senior members. Incidentally, both science and law teach you to keep a mind open for solid evidence but not to take other stuff seriously in making a judgment.

The possible i.d. with Mr. Kreskovsky was rather flattering, since he seems to be a very bright guy judging from his published scientific papers. Haven't heard anything about his speaker design, though. If you make one, give us a review.
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    John K. wrote: »
    Ben, one of my friends on the board sent me a PM yesterday, or I wouldn't have noticed this(very little of my internet time is spent here, most is on another audio board or an investment board where I give legal or financial advice). I've greatly appreciated good investigatory work in helping to put the bad guys away, but a couple observations: you assumed that K. related to a last name rather than my middle initial; although you posted in it after you joined us, you apparently didn't check the "What do you do for a living?" thread to see if there might be some info on one of the more senior members. Incidentally, both science and law teach you to keep a mind open for solid evidence but not to take other stuff seriously in making a judgment.

The possible i.d. with Mr. Kreskovsky was rather flattering, since he seems to be a very bright guy judging from his published scientific papers. Haven't heard anything about his speaker design, though. If you make one, give us a review.

Hey John. Actually I was doing research on speaker design, and it came up with a link to that web site with "John K". I wasn't looking for anything about you. I don't go looking for info on people I don't really care what they have to say. When I see that you have posted I almost never read what you have to say. I like to hear opinions from other people that believe there is more to music, and life than "science and law teach you to keep a mind open for solid evidence but not to take other stuff seriously in making a judgment":rolleyes: . I haven't seen any research paper that tells me that Fleetwood Mac is an excellent talented group, but they are IMHO. Your approach to audio cracks me up. I am quick to point out that I had many similar beliefs to you when I started this hobby:o . There are no "scientific papers" that can tell me what other people can, or can not hear.

Don't flatter yourself 95% of what comes out from you on this forum here is BS. Why the F would I want to research BS.

In general I really don't like lawyers. If you are not the typical lawyer please do not read any further.

Have a nice day, and go F somebody:)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    "The NaO IIt
    built by
    Mike Hunt, PA"

I actually work with Michael Hunt at Westinghouse. His NaO II speakers would leave most of you with your jaws on the floor. He lives about 2 miles from me. I hang out with him regularly. BTW, Mike is around 50 and has a 29 year od girlfriend that would make Strong Bad drool.

Kreskovsky's di-pole speakers are quite amazing and won an amateur DIY contest several years ago. They are among some of the highest respected DIY speakers available today. Michael's crossover for example contains Mundorf Gold, Sonicaps, Mills resistors and Cardas Litz wire. The workmanship and sound reproduction rivals anything you could find for $10 - $15K. Michael has people emailing him from al over the East Coast anxious to hear his high end DIY speakers.

I send Michael an email to this thread, he got a kick out of it.

You may also want to contact Kreskovsky if you are a DIY speaker kind of guy. This guy has a lot of experience, and is happy to talk high end audio with you!
    Carl

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    Wow Ben, you start a thread about him, and he explains that it is not him, in a polite manner no less.

You reply back to him with insults on his profession, and tell him he is full of BS.

Good Job!:rolleyes:
  • schwarcw
    edited June 2007
    BTW, the NaO's are not cheat to build, be prepared to spend more than a new pair of Polk 1.2 TL's would cost. Figure $5K on the low end. Depending on the kind of wood you would like, you could spend a fortune.

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited June 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Wow Ben, you start a thread about him, and he explains that it is not him, in a polite manner no less.

You reply back to him with insults on his profession, and tell him he is full of BS.

Ben,

I would sned Joh Kreskovsky an apology, you are way out of line here. This guy is no idiot. In fact if you want to learn something about speaker design, this guy has probably forgotten more than you'll ever know. I fully support your projects and I admire your creativity and willingness to try some thing different. But Ben, you are way out of line here. Treat people the way you want to be treated, that's the only way you'll earn respect.

Carl
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    I actually work with Michael Hunt at Westinghouse. His NaO II speakers would leave most of you with your jaws on the floor. He lives about 2 miles from me. I hang out with him regularly. BTW, Mike is around 50 and has a 29 year od girlfriend that would make Strong Bad drool.

Kreskovsky's di-pole speakers are quite amazing and won an amateur DIY contest several years ago. They are among some of the highest respected DIY speakers available today. Michael's crossover for example contains Mundorf Gold, Sonicaps, Mills resistors and Cardas Litz wire. The workmanship and sound reproduction rivals anything you could find for $10 - $15K. Michael has people emailing him from al over the East Coast anxious to hear his high end DIY speakers.

I send Michael an email to this thread, he got a kick out of it.

You may also want to contact Kreskovsky if you are a DIY speaker kind of guy. This guy has a lot of experience, and is happy to talk high end audio with you!

HMMM this k seems to be able to hear differences in different aspects of audio gear!:D
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »

I started a thread asking if this was him.
    I don't "typically like lawyers"(I have meet some nice lawyers out there that actually give a rats **** about people more than their pockets)
    I said If he wasn't a typical lawyer "please do not read any further"
    He was insinuating that I was fallowing his BS trail.
    Have you ever read his posts?

What ever.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Ben,

I would sned Joh Kreskovsky an apology, you are way out of line here. This guy is no idiot.

Carl

Dude lay off the sauce.
    Why would I sned an apology to the guy who makes speakers?:D
    and not our John K
    Thanks
    Ben
  • schwarcw
    edited June 2007
    Why would I sned an apology to the guy who makes speakers?:D
    and not our John K

To show you had some class.
    Carl

• ben62670
    edited June 2007
    To show you had some class.

Please read slowly, and open minded.
    The guy who makes speakers is not the guy who is our John K.

To clarify things our John K I know nothing about except what I read in his post.(which I rarely read anymore. its repetitive)

I do not know our John K personally.

I get along with just about everyone I meet.

Because I do not share his views does not make him a bad guy.

If I actually met him I am pretty sure I would get along with him.

I used to believe what he continually post here.

I have seen the light, and now I don't share the same views.

I do not dislike him as a person.

I do believe what he post about AUDIO is BS.

Thats all folks
    Thanks
    Ben