Ragin' Road Rage on the Road

13»

Comments

• WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    Anyone on a crotch rocket.

How do sportbikes annoy you? I'm much more annoyed with the Harley riders around here. Pipes that are WAY too loud, and they ride in packs, usualy at 10 or 15 under the speed limit, taking up both lanes of a 4 lane road, so that no one can get around them. Or on the two lane highways, same speed, with their ten or more bikes stretched out for two blocks or more, so you can't pass. But they sure look cool....:rolleyes:
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited June 2007
    Don't see that problem here with Harleys. The Harley riders are all middle aged white collar workers. The sport bike idiots OTOH, ride like complete insane idiots. They're an accident that's going to happen and everyone else gets to pay the $2M hospital bill to teach him how to walk again.
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited June 2007
    Same in our area, harleys rarely take up more then one lane even if there are 10+ of them, but the guys on crotch rockets like to fly through traffic. I have almost caused a couple of accidents changing lanes because of these idiots, you look right and see no cars but you don't expect a motorcycle to come out of nowhere going 150+. In our area they like to weave through traffic, fly down the highway, go between cars in stopped traffic, and I have seen many use breakdown lanes as their own lane.

Thats another annoyance, on the highway people who use the breakdown lane in heavy traffic. Every few days coming home from work I would see it, we would all be going 5-10mph in stop and go traffic and some idiot trying to drive in the breakdown lane. I once saw a guy start a fight becuase a car had broken down and used the breakdown lane...which stopped him from getting by.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Most of the Harley riders here are officers, so Driving Miss Daisy comes to mind...The sportbikes on the other hand, drive them like they stole 'em....Then again, most people drive their cars like that around here anyway...This area sucks.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited June 2007
    So you guys are saying you have never been held up in traffic by a group of Harleys? That's amazing, as I have drove all over the country, and have ran into it just about everywhere. And I was not talking about gangs, but new Harley riders, described above as "middle aged white collar workers". All show, no go.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    Jstas wrote: »
    That's a pretty broad and strong generalization there, especially when things like this:

http://www.livescience.com/health/060605_anger.html

are factored in.

Also, just because someone is driving aggressively does not mean they are road raging. They may have something going on that you don't know about like say, 10 minutes before they encountered you, they got a call from the police saying their spouse was critically injured in an accident and they needed to get to the hospital.

Also, just because someone road rages, it doesn't make them miserable and unliked in life or incapable of being successful. I'd like to see some of your evidence that backs up your fairly outlandish statements there especially regarding the frequency of accidents in regard to financial prosperity and success in having a happy and constructive family life at home.

You honestly can't determine much about person by driving habits alone. Just like you can't determine much about a person by way of the Internet.

maybe not totally true.....but there is a reason for some sterotypes....
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    wallstreet wrote: »
    Anyone on a crotch rocket.

BINGO!!!

I forgot about that one....they will pass BETWEEN lanes:eek:
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • krabby5
    edited June 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    How do sportbikes annoy you? I'm much more annoyed with the Harley riders around here. Pipes that are WAY too loud, and they ride in packs, usualy at 10 or 15 under the speed limit, taking up both lanes of a 4 lane road, so that no one can get around them. Or on the two lane highways, same speed, with their ten or more bikes stretched out for two blocks or more, so you can't pass. But they sure look cool....:rolleyes:

because they are usually young punks who are going 130 mph and generally driving VERY dangerously..

and they are usually wearing shorts and a t-shirt..
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    That's why you can clean up what's left of these goofballs with putty knives and toothbrushes.
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited June 2007
    a friend of mine was recently in a terrible accident on his bike. he was racing another dude when a truck pulled out and they both hit it. he's paralyzed now. sad part is my best friend had just sat him down the week prior and tried to talk some sense into him. very sad :(
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2007
    that sucks, hard, but can you really think anything other than 'i told you so'?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs