I had a visitor today ssssssssssssssssss

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Here is S Florida we have all sorts of critters:)

My friend Danny is holding him for the shot.
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    He probably came to eat that crappy stereo behind Danny.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    That came in your house? Screw that ****.
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited June 2007
    I assume that's a non-native species? Is it a reticulated python?
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    I won't complain now about the 18 inch lizard that tried to bum rush my front door as I was leaving the other day.
    Damn.
    V
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    He probably came to eat that crappy stereo behind Danny.

Hey hey hey That is my first real receiver.:) 1988 JVC 130 watts channel very clean. It was the second best one JVC put out that year. It still really sounds good. Not like my Adcoms of coarse, but quiet, tight, and dynamic. As for the speakers, well those ain't mine:p
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    They are native down here. What happened is people let them go, and the climate sustains these creatures well. We have Burmese Pythons that grow to almost 30 feet around here. If you do a search on "alligator vs snake" you will see some scary footage. It used to be the alligators that you were scared of around here. These suckers eat alligators, wild boar, and deer.

Edit
    There was a scorpian in our shop last week. That scares me. The snake don't.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • cstpeter
    cstpeter Posts: 387
    edited June 2007
    Von Schweikert VR4-jr
    Valve Audio Predator
    Denon DVD-2900
    PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Level IV Mods
    Pro-Ject Xpression w/Blue Point No. 2
    Graham Slee Special Edition 2
    PS Audio UPC-200
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    Well. Chalk that one up to another reason I would NEVER LIVE IN FLORIDA.

F that S.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited June 2007
    The one your friend is holding is a Ball Python. Which i believe originated in Africa. They get between 4-5 feet full grown and are about the best first snake you could have as a pet. Very docile and non threatening. I would veture to say if that showed up at your place, then someone in your neighborhood is looking all over their house for him. Would be nice if you post on your local CL or even throw up flyers around the neighborhood letting you know its been found. There may be a very upset kid/teen out there.

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    ssssssssssssssssssweet!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    Cool looking snake. I had a ball python years ago, there neat animals.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »

National Geographic (aka snopes or myth busters). Nice read...especially...
    There are two types of animals in the world: snakes and snake food
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2007
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Runs screaming hysterically out of the thread!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    It was a Ball Python about a year old. My buddy took it to a pet store. It had some sort of old injury on its head, so they are going to treat it, and find a good home for it.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2007
    I've had 3 ball pythons in my day... I'd love to have another one but the fiance isn't exactly keen on snakes. :(
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    What does one get out of a relationship with a Python, exactly? Cats and (much moreso) dogs I can see, they have personalities and can be a companion. Snakes.... look cool? Are they decorations?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    What kind? That one or the trouser variety?
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited June 2007
    That came in your house? Screw that ****.

Ditto!!!!!!!!! I'm a city boy. That thing would have been a shotgun target.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited June 2007
    Francis,Francis,FRAAAAAANCIS....here kitty,kitty.....FRAAaaancis.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited June 2007
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    If it was between me and the garage so I couldn't get a Louisville Slugger, I would've wailed on it with the biggest pot in the house.

Things like that need to learn to stay outdoors.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited June 2007
    Damn that ****, I would rather find a scorpion when I turn my boot over in the mourning that find that **** in my house....
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited June 2007
    I'd have most likely crapped my pants.....literally......I'm with MSALLA, its nice to be in the city sometimes.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited June 2007
    snakepc11ab036eftn8.jpg
    snakepc21ab06032at9.jpg
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    sophie wrote: »
    snakepc11ab036eftn8.jpg
    snakepc21ab06032at9.jpg

Did the poor little guy get fried?
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited June 2007
    jflail2 wrote: »
    I'd have most likely crapped my pants.....literally......I'm with MSALLA, its nice to be in the city sometimes.

I am in the city! Ft Lauderdale. The problem is that we have canals that go to the everglades, and there is only 30 miles from everglades to beach. I have heard that we have salt water croc's in the Miami area. On the west coast the have those poisonous monitor lizards that have a taste for cats, and small dogs. They are vicious, and get to be about 5 feet long. Theres a bounty on them.;)
    Thanks
    Ben
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited June 2007
    The only good snake is a ______ snake,,,
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    i've never liked snakes.. not that i'm freaked out by them.. i just think they are squirmy and smarmmy.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited June 2007
    I used to have a Red Tail Boa that was about 7' long. We fed it big rats. Big rats are pretty scary, until you see a big snake nail it. Damn, it sucks to be a rat.:eek: