Will you guys STOP!!!

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Talking about vinyl????

Thanks; my wallet and I will appreciate that.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2007
    HTrookie wrote: »
    Talking about vinyl????

Waaaaaaaaaa! as if all the money we already spend.. now comes along vinyl, again. :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    Vinyl is the final frontier.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited June 2007
    Talking about vinyl????

You noticed that too...LOL, Thankfully I have no where to put a turntable or I would be headed that way..

If Vinyl ever bcame mainstream again, I'd be all over it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    The problem is...I heard vinyl, in a pretty nice TT and setup; Rich (Scompracer) played a few records at Chicagofest, and even though I tried to pull myself away of that room.....I heard it.

It's not so much the money to get the TT and the phono pre (I'd probably get the phono module for my current pre); I could sell all my "extra" stuff and come up with $1,500ish, which could get me started with some decent stuff.....but I don't have one record, and I don't know if I'd be good for the "ritual" of cleaning records, etc. But damn.......it sounded so good...

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    But damn.......it sounded so good...
    Yes, it did.

I have some records but no desire to get into vinyl. I have a really cheap TT but no phono stage. Like you, I could add one to my pre, but there is no way I'm going to screw around with all the cleaning involved.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    I've got 4-5 hundred pounds of vinyl I haven't touched in years: my Dad's stuff ranging from the 1910's to 1960's and my stuff from the 70's to the 80's when I switched to CDs. I've seen a Turntable with USB connection and software to convert vinyl to digital. Too bad it can't handle 78 rpm recordings.
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    And your point is...you'll send me the records I like if I pay shipping???? :D

SOPA
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited June 2007
    LOL! That means I'd have to go through all of it and catalog it... maybe tomorrow. ;)
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2007
    If you ever get rid of the real old stuff let me know, I collect 78's. (and everything else... :))
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D