Dodd Audio ELP

Options
unc2701
unc2701 Posts: 3,587
edited June 2007 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Yep, I'm probably end up kicking my own **** for this, but I'm moving on to an MF CD-pre and selling the ELP.

$350 plus shipping I'll eat the paypal cost.
  • Original Box
  • 3 inputs
  • 2 pairs Jan Philips NOS 6922 tubes (one blue pair, one green pair, never used)
  • One pair blue Jan Philips (~200 hours)
  • Maybe one pair Stock tubes (can only find one of the two...)
  • Has scratches see photos below

Ok, the bad news is that my cat put some scratches on the faceplate. They're pretty fine and there's only one that you can see from a distance, but I'll have pictures up around noon today.
Gallo Ref 3.1 : Bryston 4b SST : Musical fidelity CD Pre : VPI HW-19
Gallo Ref AV, Frankengallo Ref 3, LC60i : Bryston 9b SST : Meridian 565
Jordan JX92s : MF X-T100 : Xray v8
Backburner:Krell KAV-300i
Post edited by unc2701 on

Comments

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I give this about 10 minutes..
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • unc2701
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Nah, this place is always dead on Fridays... plus I gotta get the pics up

:)
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited June 2007
    Options
    If it doesn't sell in under 2 hrs, this place is nuts. This is the perfect introduction to tube pre's. I love the one I bought from Noel. You can't much cheaper or better than this.

But it doesn't have a remote (in my best whiney voice) ........ get off your **** when you need to change the volume ....... do it old school :rolleyes:
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,654
    edited June 2007
    Options
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • unc2701
    edited June 2007
    Options
    engtaz wrote: »

Damn. I thought I paid $425 for it, not $450.

Anyhow, here's the pics... There are three scratches- two fine ones going vertically (one just left of the mute switch and one just left of the power) and the third is horizontal above the volume (see second pic). That one can be seen from a good distance.

PM if you need high-rez versions of these.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Nice Gallos. Let me know how you like the MF. What model(s) did you get?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • unc2701
    edited June 2007
    Options
    The gallos? They're Ref 3's (tweeter switch on the back vs none on the ref 3.1's).

The MF is their integrated CD/preamplifier/DAC/ADC. It was either dump at least $600 per component into a CD & DAC, plus IC's and I would be short on inputs for the Dodd. The CD-Pre made the most sense.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Anyone who has $350, can do seperates and wants to do tubes, this is the time to do it. If you don't, shame, SHAME on you.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited June 2007
    Options
    bad, bad kitty!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You guy are killing me. The only thing stoping me is the tranny went on car. Somebody needs to grab it.
    engtaz

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You guy are killing me. The only thing stoping me is the tranny went on car. Somebody needs to grab it.

You always have an excuse!

Remember these. . . Monday, hold this amp for me please till Friday. . . Thursday morning, I don't like the nicks on the amp, Thursday night, my wife won't let me, Friday morning, no reply at all. You're full of ****!
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Oooh. I was really really really tempted for a second. Then I remembered I don't think it has enough inputs.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2007
    Options
    3 inputs are not enough????
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options
    3 inputs are not enough????

Been visiting the Hun.net too often lately???:D
  • zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Been visiting the Hun.net too often lately???:D

I had no idea what you were talking about. So I just put that in the addy to see where it sends me. Thanks ya bastage... I am at work, you know:D
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options
    I had no idea what you were talking about. So I just put that in the addy to see where it sends me. Thanks ya bastage... I am at work, you know:D

Wow, I thought thehun.net was a well known free site. . . don't make a mess at work bro!!!:D :D:D

Sorry for the derail.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Options
    back on topic.....is this still here? How many times do you see a Dodd for that price??? Unbelievable...

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • unc2701
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Hehe. Now I get the joke... better watch it- you're gonna corrupt audiobliss.

Anyhow, 3 inputs should be more than enough for anyone (in BOTH senses)... I just want to loop out & back in to my whole house system.

and, yes, as of 2:18pm, its still here.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Unc, man this thing should be already gone, great little pre.

Hell, Gary Dodd can put any kind of output you want on it, not much dough either. Mine had two outputs and a HT pass on it before I moved up to the MLP.

RT1
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You always have an excuse!

Remember these. . . Monday, hold this amp for me please till Friday. . . Thursday morning, I don't like the nicks on the amp, Thursday night, my wife won't let me, Friday morning, no reply at all. You're full of ****!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Thursday was apparently the answer, that's why no reply Friday. But I guess your life is perfect so nobody should have a reason for anything. God Bless you with your perfect life consider it your blessing and that mine is humbled.
    engtaz

• Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Probably one of the few pieces that you will see selling at/close to the original MRSP....

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • hearingimpared
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. Thursday was apparently the answer, that's why no reply Friday. But I guess your life is perfect so nobody should have a reason for anything. God Bless you with your perfect life consider it your blessing and that mine is humbled.

You were full of **** starting from your bogus request on Monday. . . it's not the first time! Hmmmm your typing seems to have improved too. Jagoff.
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2007
    Options
    MRSP? What's that?

:confused:

If I didn't know Mom would kill me...I would probably grab it.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Engtaz, that is easily the longest post I have every seen you make.

Great Pre, BTW! I have not interest, just dumping another useless comment on someone else's FM thread :)
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Ricardo
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Michael Rarely Smells P_ _ _ _:eek:

Fill in the blanks

SOPA
  • unc2701
    edited June 2007
    Options
    You were full of **** starting from your bogus request on Monday. . . it's not the first time! Hmmmm your typing seems to have improved too. Jagoff.

Normally, I don't condone these back& forths, but today I'm thinking, "Bumpity bump, bump bump."
  • audiobliss
    edited June 2007
    Options
    *sigh*

Ok, ok. If it's still available, I'll buy it. Hopefully I can sell off something else to make up for the funds.
    In Use
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
  • engtaz
    edited June 2007
    Options

Remember I have not treated you badly but I guess you show your class.
    engtaz

• zombie boy 2000
    edited June 2007
    Options
    Way to go Audiobliss!!
    You shan't be disappointed.
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,880
    edited June 2007
    Options
    i had one of the 6 elp that gary made with the outboard transformer and sold it for $500.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156