Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    I smell a setup.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    Just reporting what people there, in the field, are saying about this case. The judge tried to make an example of her and ended up failing. Like it or not, I'll believe the courthouse officers in the county where it happened over someone in Canada about the appropriate sentancing is.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • THX 3417
    THX 3417 Posts: 219
    edited June 2007
    How much of your California tax dollars did she waste in that silly court trial?
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2007
    Depression is a made up disease :rolleyes:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited June 2007
    Who gives a ****.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    Well I do and even thou this is in the US I’m outraged by the early release of this Lonny woman who’s a dangerous risk to other drivers on the road! Well I hope she drives her sports car off a cliff without headlights! Silly cow!

cow.jpg
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited June 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    what a load of crap, she commited 3 crimes not one. The last one being the one she got jail time for. Breaking her probation warranted 30 days like ANYONE else star or not. Depressed about what too, the 3 billion dollars she has or the fact she can do whatever she wants whenever she wants and aparently now she can commit any crime she wants and get a slap on the wrist. I wish she was in canada for this she'd be getting 6 months in Jail

I'm sorry Jim, where'd you get your law degree again?

Are you really jumping up and down to spend thousands in tax money to imprison people who have committed nonviolent crimes, regardless of how repulsive you find their PERSONALITY. Honestly, if personality were a crime, half this board would be imprisoned, myself included.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »

Are you really jumping up and down to spend thousands in tax money to imprison people who have committed nonviolent crimes, regardless of how repulsive you find their PERSONALITY. Honestly, if personality were a crime, half this board would be imprisoned, myself included.

LOL oh bugger I’m guilty of calling Paris a silly cow and **** oh dear.:D
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2007
    No sympathy, period, it's her third offense. She purposely drove on a suspended license because she believed her status/wealth placed her above the law. She deserved jail, period!

If the releasing judge wanted to find a middle ground, he should have resentenced her to 6 months in her parents pool caabana, emptied of everything except for a couch, twin bed. The family cook would give her meals from the same menu as jail.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007

I'm willing to bet theres more people in the US that get killed by drunk drivers than guns. I could be wrong, but I'm sure theyd at least be pretty simple.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    There were 16,694 alcohol-related fatalities in 2004 – 39 percent of the total traffic fatalities for the year.

16,148 murders in the US for the same year.

-Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    markmarc wrote: »
    No sympathy, period, it's her third offense. She purposely drove on a suspended license because she believed her status/wealth placed her above the law. She deserved jail, period!

If the releasing judge wanted to find a middle ground, he should have resentenced her to 6 months in her parents pool caabana, emptied of everything except for a couch, twin bed. The family cook would give her meals from the same menu as jail.

I 100% agree with you she’s a sneaky little **** I sure hope someone from the justice department is reading this thread.
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I'm willing to bet theres more people in the US that get killed by drunk drivers than guns. I could be wrong, but I'm sure theyd at least be pretty simple.
    -Cody

It was about 1 ½ 2 years ago now I think when a drunken driver who had no insurance no drivers licence and no knowledge of the highway code in the UK ran down a little girl here in Dorset, he was speeding as well and was a foreigner and all he got was a few months in prisons f&54king outrageous! Luckily the little girl survived she was only injured but it’s a sad laughable joke about how the system works over here.:(
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Well, there are reports from lawyers and LEO's in LA that most people in LA county that have similar circumstances to Paris' spend at most 3 nights in jail if they get jail time at all. The feeling from that community was that Paris got the book thrown at her and had the sentence reduced to what is more typical with her recent release.

To me this all sounds like a lot of frothing at the mouth over jealousy. Would it help you to know that Paris is clinically depressed and has been since about 12?

it helps a little..

that's hot
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • THX 3417
    edited June 2007
    I don’t give a rats a££ if she’s in danger of swinging herself from the frigging chandelier, she broke the laws and safety of the highway code and should be banged back up in prison, with no special exceptions!
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited June 2007
    Paris has proved that money can buy private justice.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007

keep telling yourself that the next time she's drunk and coked up and smaskes her car into a family of 4
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    -Cody

That's fine, but then blame the justice system for being inherently broken. As someone has already said, she's getting STANDARD punishment for her level of crime. I have no idea why you all give a **** so much about how one little socialite is punished, but the only point is she's not getting SPECIAL treatment based on her celebrity, she's getting standard treatment. If you disagree with that standard, take it up with the state of California for the hundreds of people probably being prosecuted for DUI.
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Paris has proved that money can buy private justice.

She's proven no such thing. The only thing she's proven is that people only care about criminals if they're famous. The thousands of people who get arrested for DUI every year and get this same level of punishment go completely unnoticed by everyone. Someone who you all claim to despise gets the exact same thing, possibly more, and everyone's moral compass goes haywire, and you all claim she's getting special treatment, with zero proof.

I'm apt to listen to the LAWYERS in California who say that this is standard punishment for her level of crime than a bunch of nutbags who are acting like Charles Manson is being set free.
  • rskarvan
    edited June 2007
    Bobman... so, you are saying that if Paris went into the justice system without celebrety fame and with a free public defender as her attorney that she'd be at home in 5 days? I doubt that very much.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    No, she would have been home in 3 days...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • rskarvan
    edited June 2007
    One more thing..... it doesn't matter if a victim is killed by Charles Manson or a drunk driver... they are both equally dead to their friends and family.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    I **** in your general direction you silly ........
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited June 2007
    She's proven no such thing. The only thing she's proven is that people only care about criminals if they're famous. The thousands of people who get arrested for DUI every year and get this same level of punishment go completely unnoticed by everyone. Someone who you all claim to despise gets the exact same thing, possibly more, and everyone's moral compass goes haywire, and you all claim she's getting special treatment, with zero proof.

I'm apt to listen to the LAWYERS in California who say that this is standard punishment for her level of crime than a bunch of nutbags who are acting like Charles Manson is being set free.

your a lunatic. she got standard justice for a 1st time offender. this was her 3RD offence. where I'm from a 3rd offence gets you 6 months in jail and a lifetime driving suspension
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    Maybe she'll get really depressed, and they'll find her after a wild night
    dead her own puke.
    Then, all we'll have to wait for is Britney to follow her.
    Yes I'm sick of dumb asses.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    One more thing..... it doesn't matter if a victim is killed by Charles Manson or a drunk driver... they are both equally dead to their friends and family.

For once I agree with you, though I don't see the relevance to the argument.
    rskarvan wrote:
    Bobman... so, you are saying that if Paris went into the justice system without celebrety fame and with a free public defender as her attorney that she'd be at home in 5 days? I doubt that very much.
    jimBRICK wrote:
    your a lunatic. she got standard justice for a 1st time offender. this was her 3RD offence. where I'm from a 3rd offence gets you 6 months in jail and a lifetime driving suspension

I personally do not know ****. I only know what actual people who DO know **** have said publicly. Those people being lawyers and judges in the California justice system who have spoken out about all this **** misplaced outrage. And those people have said that the standard punishment for someone IN PARIS' SITUATION (which means however many offenses she's had, as well as what those offenses are) is identical to the treatment Paris has gotten. Why would I disbelieve professionals, and instead listen to people who have NO idea what they're talking about, and have in the past shown that they have completely irrational opinions on conspiracies and other assorted nonsense?

The state of California has NOTHING to gain by letting Paris off the hook. I'll concede that she has a better lawyer than a public defender, but considering she was convicted, the lawyer's involvement ends there. Couple that with the fact that people in the know have said that this is a standard punishment, and I tend to believe them.

Do I think there should be a stricter punishment in general? Probably. She certainly shouldnt' be allowed to drive for a long long time, if ever. But that's not what this is about, it's about her unfair treatment as a celebrity. Which from all logical evidence is nonexistent. Sorry to disappoint some of you who would love to flaunt your moral indignation over someone you don't know and shouldn't care about.
  • rskarvan
    edited June 2007
    Bobman1235 writes: "I personally do not know ****."

I completely agree with you.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2007
    I'm sure many just watched the ABC Evening News where they did the story on the guy who was incarcerated for smoking grass. The guy who was a first offender. The guy whose family pleaded with the authorities that he be given home confinement cause he had a medical condition that required almost 24 hour care. The guy who died in jail after being incarcerated for 5 days. The guy who was a quadraplegic.

**** Paris.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited June 2007
    Leave it to George to sum up this whole thread in 2 words.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobman1235
    edited June 2007
    Bobman1235 writes: "I personally do not know ****."

I completely agree with you.

Just the level of mature discourse I expect from you.