Totem speakers revisited!!

Options

Comments

• nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Anybody want an RXV-1?

I do.....not a Tweeter resale though....
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    If you can find them in good condition, and have the gear the drive them properly, sure. But for the common man, retail shopping, warrantee craving, high waf ****, R series cannot be touched at the price, period.

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Wow, so much to deal with eh?

Well, as far as the B&dubya's go, crossover filtering on certain genres? Tweeter sounding muddy and distorted? Certainly to each thier own but it sounds as though the speaker was the victim of a clipping amp, no wonder it sounded like ****. Save for the clipping amp or malfunction, that pretty much defies logic. No bass? Browsing through the specs, I'd say they can hang with any other speaker of it's class within a db or two.....

Professionally speaking, if you were to do a 'serious' review using some of that material do you honestly think that it would hold a lot of water? Understanding that personal preferences aside, if a speaker doesn't do it for you than there is no arguing that but the claims about the Beemer performance as well as the Maggie are at odds with general 'professional' opinions.

DQ-10's better than what? They haven't been in production for more than 10 years or so.

Cleaning the MAC on the living room floor, I mean it's cool that you have one and all but it would be even cooler if it were hooked up to something.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Russ I would rather have bottom of the line RTI than R series all day. They have a much more clearer and controlled sound than the R series for the same amount of money. But IMO I wouldn't own neither as I am not a polkaholic I am a Russaholic. Keep posting I am striving to learn more of your wisdom.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Price point was my 'point', RTi series is invalid in the comparison I mentioned. Do you have a better option for that 'budget', or are you just dodging the question?

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Russ what do they go for 2 bills 3 bills???
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • nascarmann
    edited September 2002
    Options
    What's the deal.....I thought you wanted to get rid of your Yamaha Receiver?:rolleyes:
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    nascarman you don't want a tweeter resale...or do you???
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    sidestep the attack and attack the attack. Mantis check it out Dude I am russ all day. WASSUP all you box cutters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers peace out I gonna go get wasted.
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Venom you are totally right demo with what you listen to not what will make the speaker sound good. Very respectable post.
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    agreed........but damn Russ isn't going to put up with that..

stamp seal of approval will be lost
    Dan
  • nascarmann
    edited September 2002
    Options
    OK......I didn't see a price, so I assume you want to keep your Yamaha receiver to run what ever it runs.......:rolleyes:
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    alright nascarman you want it you got? name your price but don't embarras yourself
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    nascarman ,
    give him around 1200.00 and I bet it's yours!!!!
    Dan
  • nascarmann
    edited September 2002
    Options
    mantis.....get in the real world:rolleyes: I can buy one brand new sealed for that:confused:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,800
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN

..... while I'm dealing with CooCoo for Coco Puffs.....

:lol::lol::lol:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    hey bustanut that was pretty funny huh?
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    geeeeeee lets see 3100.00 receiver for 1200.00??sounds good 2 me......sealed will run you 1299.99 plus tax.............1399.99 black
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Nascarman, go buy it brand new in the box then. It sounds like a piece of terd anyways. And it's features suck too. When the Avr-507 comes out I'm gonna use the RXV-1 as my boat anchor.
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Dan
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    RXV1ABEE..............
    Dan
  • F1nut
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Die4nothing,

You don't seem to have a sense of humor....hmmm, did you have ANOTHER bad day??????????????????????????????????????????

F1BIGnuts

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nascarmann
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hey man....I just asked about buying you receiver. No big thing here....I'm not looking for a receiver, but would buy a nice yammie if the price was right. You were the one that said it was for sale....I sold...no we sold our pontoon boat last year but I still need an anchor.....:rolleyes:
  • mantis
    edited September 2002
    Options
    dude make him an offer what do you want to pay for it????give a number
    Dan
  • liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hey Hairynuts I have a wonderful sense of humor because I can't stop laughing at you clowns
  • F1nut
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Let's see...I quessing you're about 21 to 24, how close am I? You don't even know what hairy nuts are do you? I do! Do you? Let me clue you in dudette, the only clown on this forum is you. It boils down to respect and you haven't earned any!

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited September 2002
    Options
    :lol: Ok, fine with me.

President of Club Polk

• liv4fam
    edited September 2002
    Options
    Hold up Ballbag or whatever. First of all I am 28 and I tried to be cool with people in here but everybody wants to pick on my partner and call him pro box cutter which not only degrades him but me as well. Most of you respect Mantis a lot and a he has helped almost every one in some way or another so as I see I am not acting any differently than anyone else it's just that nobody likes it when they are on the receiving end of it.
  • F1nut
    edited September 2002
    Options
    That's BIG ballbag to you :lol:

As I said, it boils down to respect.....maybe your M*F* post is still fresh in the minds of folks here.

President of Club Polk