Psychological Analysis [signatures]

anthonydee123
anthonydee123 Posts: 38
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
So what does it mean when somebody [on this board] has a long signature boasting of all the high end equipment they have.

a. egotistical?
b. trying to make friends?
c. have a big void in life and feel the need to feel excepted?
d. just have a strong desire to feel empowered over other people?
e. just getting bored living in the basement of their parents house?
f. ****? (if you're ****, please ignore this one)
I pleasure myself with KY and a coke bottle.
Post edited by anthonydee123 on

Comments

• MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    People are **** who place an Ebay add in their signature.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited June 2007
    g. letting people know what equipment you are running so that if they are considering using a similar setup they can go straight to the source of a person or group of people that have first hand experience
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    People are **** who place their Ebay add in thier signature.

Mike are you coming-out of the closet? Will be keeping an eye on your signature.
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    edbert wrote: »
    g. letting people know what equipment you are running so that if they are considering using a similar setup they can go straight to the source of a person or group of people that have first hand experience

Good line of defense, but I'm not buying it (pick a letter).
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited June 2007
    It's funny how someone who can have two offices (seemingly impressive) still does not know how to use the correct form of "their"

Tell the truth, now... you're really a sanitation engineer for two buildings, aren't you? :)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • edbert
    edited June 2007
    It's a speaker company forum. What do you expect people to put down there? Jeep clubs tell what they have on their jeeps, computer geeks write what their system consists of, if it's a general forum, there's probably something witty or a life thought. Others either don't know how or don't care to even bother with putting anything. Since you asked me to pick a letter, I'll go with "e" since it's closest to my current situation.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2007
    Mike are you coming-out of the closet? Will be keeping an eye on your signature.

Yep, you got me.:rolleyes: Don't mean to break your heart, but I'm happily married with two children. I'm sure you'll find someone, keep looking...
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Anthonydee
    1-2-3
    said "look at me, look at me"
    yet there was nothing to see

and with a measure of glee
    and a cat up a tree
    we all finally decided
    to set this glorious putz free
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • edbert
    edited June 2007
    If only it were that easy zb2k.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2007
    Yep, he's a ****...
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    Damn...the ignore list just keeps getting longer and longer....:rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2007
    I'd pick letter g from edbert combined with laziness.

I leave it there so if someone is asking about particular piece of equipment that I have, they can ask me specific questions. Otherwise they could be asking a question on say, using Maggies with a tube amp and take the advice of someone who has no experience with either and believing it as actual information.

Laziness comes from my Sig has some stuff I've sold and some stuff I don't have.

BTW, your post reaks of jealousy. Compensating much?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    nadams wrote: »
    It's funny how someone who can have two offices (seemingly impressive) still does not know how to use the correct form of "their"

Tell the truth, now... you're really a sanitation engineer for two buildings, aren't you? :)

sounds like your calling him out rite their.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited June 2007
    What does it mean when your signature is all about farts?
  • m00npie
    m00npie Posts: 697
    edited June 2007
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    What does it mean when your signature is all about farts?

Simple... he's full of ****
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited June 2007
    of the choices, I'm gonna rolll with A - egotistical

my systems are bad-****, and I need the world to know this.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    Your system is bard arse. If my system met yours in a dark alley, it would probably piss itself and make some feeble attempt at groveling for its pathetic life.
    I also heard your system cured cancer and will be heading the first mission to Mars.

That "big void in my life" came when they canceled Cop Rock.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • edbert
    edited June 2007
    If my system met yours in a dark alley, it would probably piss itself and make some feeble attempt at groveling for its pathetic life.

That's greatness right there.

Oh, and Chuck Norris cured cancer. Everyone knows that.

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • krabby5
    krabby5 Posts: 923
    edited June 2007
    So what does it mean when somebody [on this board] has a long signature boasting of all the high end equipment they have.

a. egotistical?

it means they make much more money than you..

what does it mean when somebody (on this board) posts a bunch of meaningless questions just to be noticed?

a. trying to piss people off with no consequences because you can hide behind your keyboard.

b. all of the above
    Pioneer Elite VSX-53, Polk RT800i fronts, Polk CS400i center, FX500i surround, Velodyne sub
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited June 2007
    Anything for sale yet?!?

Some people like to come barging in the door, both guns in hand... then realize they forgot to wear any pants... embarrassing to say the least...

Or put it this way: tonyd123 came to a battle of the wits, but pity he came unarmed.
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited June 2007
    All of the above.
    Damn that truth hurt. I am dismantled! While it does sting, I feel that anthonydee123 is right:eek:

I have been far too egotistical. This has effected my ability to make friends. I do have a void in my life. No matter how many times I watch Lord Of The Rings in surround sound, the void remains. Talking down to people with inferior systems makes me feel empowered deep down inside. I need therapy.

I now sit in my parents basement questioning my sexual orientation. I am a defeated ex-wanna be audiophile.

THE HORROR. THE HORROR.
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    All of the above.
    Damn that truth hurt. I am dismantled! While it does sting, I feel that anthonydee123 is right:eek:

I have been far too egotistical. This has effected my ability to make friends. I do have a void in my life. No matter how many times I watch Lord Of The Rings in surround sound, the void remains. Talking down to people with inferior systems makes me feel empowered deep down inside. I need therapy.

I now sit in my parents basement questioning my sexual orientation. I am a defeated ex-wanna be audiophile.

THE HORROR. THE HORROR.

This is absolutely the best response... I'm still laughing.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited June 2007
    I am certainly not egotistical...I'm just superior to everyone else...and any failure they may have in accepting that fact is their problem...not mine.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    shack wrote: »
    I am certainly not egotistical...I'm just superior to everyone else...and any failure they may have in accepting that fact is their problem...not mine.

Shack, please don't take this wrong but I am leaning more toward f.) for you... but I could be wrong.

Just a combination of shacks from Tennessee screams f.)...
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited June 2007

a. egotistical?

If you are going to post annoying and derogatory comments, have the decency to spell correctly. The word is "accepted" and it is "their farts." In my opinion, there is no room for gender bashing, race bashing, manufacturer bashing or **** bashing on the board.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited June 2007
    Pfft, we're still going to make fun of Blose. :D
  • NeilGabriel
    NeilGabriel Posts: 1,487
    edited June 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Pfft, we're still going to make fun of Blose. :D

well....ok...that one acception....
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    krabby5 wrote: »
    it means they make much more money than you..

what does it mean when somebody (on this board) posts a bunch of meaningless questions just to be noticed?

a. trying to piss people off with no consequences because you can hide behind your keyboard.

b. all of the above

and what does it mean when you post on a meaningless thread to help self-perpetuating the call even further...
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited June 2007
    Where's Cliff when you need him. This thread has huge potential to make it to HOS, but without provocateurs, I am afraid it will be over before it gets exciting.

...a bag of popcorn is ready to pop in the microwave though, wait, the Stanley's final is still 10 hours away, damn. This thread better be entertaining to hold me over to the game.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • anthonydee123
    edited June 2007
    If you are going to post annoying and derogatory comments, have the decency to spell correctly. The word is "accepted" and it is "their farts." In my opinion, there is no room for gender bashing, race bashing, manufacturer bashing or **** bashing on the board.

thanks for the spelling correction... trying to type on a palm PDA... it's difficult...
    and just for clarification I'm not bashing any **** people... I have several new **** friends on this board and I would not want hurt any feelings.