Alright seriousness here...

13»

Comments

• dohcmark8
    dohcmark8 Posts: 229
    edited June 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    So why did he get a FM craptransmitter when he has an auxiliary input on the back?
    -Cody

He didnt know how to pull the radio.

I gave him instructions. It's scary how easy it is in that generation F-series.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    You shouldnt have to take the dash apart. The radio he bought comes with keys to slide between the radio and the cage and the radio pulls right out. Even if he cant figure it out, if the stereo shop he went to wont pull it for free, I'd take my business elsewhere. Hell, when someone stops by my shop and asks for me to pull their radio, if it takes less then a couple of minutes we wont charge them, installed/bought at our shop or not...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • dohcmark8
    edited June 2007
    You shouldnt have to take the dash apart. The radio he bought comes with keys to slide between the radio and the cage and the radio pulls right out. Even if he cant figure it out, if the stereo shop he went to wont pull it for free, I'd take my business elsewhere. Hell, when someone stops by my shop and asks for me to pull their radio, if it takes less then a couple of minutes we wont charge them, installed/bought at our shop or not...
    -Cody

All he has to do is pull the wood bezel which is just clipped on and unscrew the radio. And he should have the keys if necessary. Takes me less than a minute to pull my radio in my '90 F-150.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2007
    Ahhh, I thought he had the newer body style, there is no bezel to unclip. Either way, its really easy.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • dohcmark8
    edited June 2007
    Ahhh, I thought he had the newer body style, there is no bezel to unclip. Either way, its really easy.
    -Cody

Didn't think about that. Because I have the stock radio so I gotta pull the bezel to get at the screws.

But since he has a aftermarket unit he can just pretty much pull it out right? Provided he has the keys?
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited June 2007
    Trey,

Why don't you go back to the shop to get the radio pulled?

Seems cheaper than going the FM transmitter route.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!