How often do you workout?

2»

Comments

• tommyboy
    tommyboy Posts: 1,414
    edited June 2007
    audiobliss wrote: »
    I'm just like fatchowmein. I'll work out for a while, then take off for twice as long. However, I've also never worked out very intensely. This past fall when I had a fitness class at school and we went to the Y to work out was the hardest I've ever gone at it. The rest of the time I just make do with dumbells and weights that I have at home. Usually just do some curls, shoulder shurgs, squats, pushups, and maybe some bench presses; you know, the fun stuff. Then every once in a blue moon I'll do some tricep extensions and situps. I really really need to work on my abs.
    Here's some key points that help me work out consistantly...

1. Try to join a gym- Some people are just fine working out at home consistantly.... but sorry, you're not one of them:D I believe you are a student, there are many gyms that give great discounts for students.That might be the motivation you need to keep working out.

2. Make a certain time a day just to work out- If you have school either do it right before or right after

3. Try to find a partner willing to workout with you- I already mentioned this, but this is the biggest reason I have kept going the past year and a half.

4.Try to change your workouts as much as possible- This is not just for motivation. If you keep doing the same workouts every week your body will get used to it and you won't improve. ex. Instead of doing leg press, do squats, run different courses, etc, etc, etc. So not only do you keep your workouts fun, but your body will keep improving.

If you feel you aren't working out hard, then put more weight on or add a few more reps to your set. If you aren't "feeling it" when you are doing a set, you might as well even do it(if you want real results)

I hope this helps:)
    AVR: H/K AVR240
    Fronts: Monitor 50s
    Center: CSI3
    surrounds: R15s
    Sub:Velodyne DPS10
    Dvd/Cd: Samsung HD upconverter (for now)
    TV: 50" Sammy Plasma
    game hardware: 360 and gcn.
    Gamertag: kovster27
  • anthonydee123
    anthonydee123 Posts: 38
    edited June 2007
    Three days a week... mixture of free weights and hill cycling... and then I raced the GNCC nationals. I believe working out is very important, but more importantly ones diet (which for me seems to require more disciplined than working out).
    I pleasure myself with KY and a coke bottle.