Prices?
Variety/Selection?

Thx!
Post edited by fatchowmein on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    Got a number of trade ins I've purchased from there.
    They stock stuff you won't find in other places.
    No B&W's. No McINtosh,
    They have Audio Research, Linn, Rega,Nad, Naim,Maganapan, Wilson, Spendor.
    A lot of the Euro stuff. And the only headphone listening area I've ever
    seen. IT's high end with high end prices. Small staff that know the
    equipment. Very 2 channel focused. Hope your Mastercard has a high limit.:D
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    I've been there, too, a time or two. Great little shop. Very high end stuff. They get some consignment stuff and move it out at good prices, but everything else is really expensive. Lot of Wilson, Revel, NAD masters series. Lot of stuff I've never even heard of.

Staff is pretty great. Guy I talked to gave me a little tour and answered my noobish questions without being condescending. He had been there 23 years.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,900
    edited June 2007
    you have to watch who you talk to there, one salesman told me that if it's not sold in the dfw area it's no good.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2, Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Digital cables: Crystal Clear Magnum Opus 2 bnc, Tellurium Q aes, Silnote Audio Poseidon Signature 2 bnc
    Puritan PSM156
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited June 2007
    Strange comment. I wouldn't exactly call DFW the audio headquarters of the world.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited June 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    No B&W's. No McINtosh,
    For those I would go to Fort Worth, Marvin Electronics: http://www.marvinelectronics.com/products.htm
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited June 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    For those I would go to Fort Worth, Marvin Electronics: http://www.marvinelectronics.com/products.htm

Nice enough place. B&W's galore, Paradigm, McIntosh. Tributaries for
    cable, little bit of AQ. A couple of odds and ends in other brands.
    A very good selection of Sennheiser headphones.

I've seen too many B&w's. Only really good set up I've heard was
    B&W's with McIntosh 275 tube amp. Now that was a set-up.
    That was up in Kansas. I guess that's why I don't care to see more.

Audio concepts will move any speaker to any set up for you.
    No walls of speakers with a stupid switch. Lots of Vinyl &cds on hand
    for demo pleasure. Like a good cathouse. There's something for everyone.
    Buts there's a price.:D

Most other places in the DFW area have poorly set up HT or the wall of
    speakers. Rotel and one other higher end brand of electronics.
    B&w and one lower end brand of speaker. Same ol' same ol'
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited June 2007
    Hey, thx for the info on both Audio Concepts and Marvin Electronics. Would be nice to go demo at some other place than Home Theatre Store.