Noobie introducing myself

GermanVirgins
GermanVirgins Posts: 19
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys..love the forums..been a lurker for quite a while. First off, German Virgins is a name given to your two hole cards in texas holdem, specifically, pocket nines(german for "No No".)

My name is David 60/40 music/movies. I was a huge klipsh fan, great speaker btw, heading out to my local Electronics store to upgrade my HT system with the new Klipcsh RF82's and walked out with the Polk Audio RTI-10's!!!

I cant believe how great those speakers sound. I have officially jumped ship and am now a Polk Audio Phreak! Currently waiting on my CSI-5 to get here through the mail to replace my RC-35, but I must hold on to my RSW12 sub.

Additionally, I just finished Bi-wire'ing my RTI10's and the difference is night and day. They sound AMAZING!!! and i reccomend everyone to biwire.

So...still have to upgrade my surrounds then finally my receiver.

I heard that Onkyo receivers compliment Polk speakers well.
Post edited by GermanVirgins on

Comments

• MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the madhouse... watch where you step... you might end up a schmuck... ;)
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• BAD ASP
    BAD ASP Posts: 361
    edited May 2007
    welcome aboard. Onkyo is nice but some prefer Denon. No matter just as long as you keep upgrading!!!!!!!!!!!
    Home Theater
    Amp: sunfire cinema grand signature 5ch 425 wpc
    Side surround amp: Sunfire 2 X 300
    Processor: sunfire theater grand V
    Fronts:: polk sda-srs 1.2
    Rears: Polk LSiFX
    Side surrounds: Fxi5
    Center: (2)polk LSiC's
    Sub: svs pb-13 rosenut
    Hd-Dvd: toshiba xa-2
    Blue Ray: oppo bdp83se
    Projector: sony vw60
    Screen: Da-Lite 106"
    APC S20 Power conditioner
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    Nice to meet you David, RTi10 fan here also. I've got them setup in the main zone of the whole-house audio rig. I personally think it's the star of the lineup.

Welcome!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the forum! I love anything German, as virgins have too much baggage ;)

The Onkyo line has been really suprising in the last couple years but there are many options in this category. If you state a loose budget, I'm sure you'll get some solid suggestions from the forum, good luck!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Welcome! Be careful, soon all of the money you can spare (and some you probably can't) will be put into a severe case of upgraditis!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Welcome aboard :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2007
    Hi David,welcome.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    Hi David,

Welcome to Polk Forum! Harman Kardon is a good option as well. Get a refurb HK off ebay and a good power amp off Audiogon and you will be set.

Also, to beat everyone else to it, give SVS a looksy if/when you decide to look at new subs :)

Not that you need to upgrade anything, but when you do, ask people here and they will give you some great options.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    Welcome David,,I hope that you enjoy the forum as much as I do,,have some fun and enjoy :)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • GermanVirgins
    GermanVirgins Posts: 19
    edited May 2007
    Welcome! Be careful, soon all of the money you can spare (and some you probably can't) will be put into a severe case of upgraditis!

lol..ya i have upgraditis..and there is no cure!!

thanks fellas...
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    Here's a receiver for you.....No affiliation to the seller....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...link:middle:us
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited May 2007
    Howdie David, no point in introducing the main characters... not hard to miss ;)

Enjoy your stay, but be careful; bankruptcy is a mere sound system away!
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited May 2007
    Welcome! Hey, BTW....newbies are required to contribute to the Tasteful Babe Thread ASAP :)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Welcome David. It's a crazy and fun place to hang your hat for a while.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Hi, don't mind Mr. Nightly, he always has Smuckers all over his face because he's a schmuck.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the Club Polk Forums David!
    Carl

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the program. Here, you are guaranteed to go blind reading all the posts, get arthritic from all the typing, and deaf from testing, then tweaking, then replacing, then testing, then tweaking, then replacing...
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Welcome.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the club David.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the club David.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to Club Polk David!
    Run while you still can...
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • bert26
    bert26 Posts: 320
    edited May 2007
    Hey David - Welcome!

You'll find this is a great place that will provide you with endless advice and guidance in your quest for audio perfection. All you really need to bring to the table is a sense a humor, ability to laugh at yourself and a somewhat thick skin (sometimes!).

Where are you located? Chances are there are other Polkies just around the corner.

Cheers!
    Chris
    HT Rig
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3tl - Anthem 2 SE
    Polk CSi5 - Adcom 555
    Polk Monitor 30 - HK DPR1005
    SVS PB12 ISD/2
    Denon DCD-1500II
    Sony SXRD 60"
    ShengYa CS-10

Basement Rig
    Polk SDA SRS2
    Carver 1.5t
    Carver C2
    Technics SLD202
    Some Other Sony DVD/CDP
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited May 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Hi, don't mind Mr. Nightly, he always has Smuckers all over his face because he's a schmuck.

Hey Demi, Mr. Nightly is a good guy, he just has bad taste in movies....:D
  • venomclan
    edited May 2007
    Welcome David,
    I rule these forums and in time you will learn to do my bidding. But for now, have fun.
    V
  • MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »

Ya but it tastes so good! Hard to resist ya know? With some nice fresh white bread... yummy!
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Hey Demi, Mr. Nightly is a good guy, he just has bad taste in movies....:D

Just because your taste isn't as refined as mine Venom... don't be hating ;)
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Venom just hates the game, not the playa. Don't take offense.
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • venomclan
    edited May 2007
    MrNightly wrote: »
    Just because your taste isn't as refined as mine Venom... don't be hating ;)

Refined? Gandolf The White? Froto? Alrighty then! :eek:
  • MrNightly
    edited May 2007
    venomclan wrote: »
    Refined? Gandolf The White? Froto? Alrighty then! :eek:

Ahhh, my beloved Extended LOTR dtsES films... with HOURS of added entertainment... man... I need to watch those again! Thanks for bringing them up!!! :D
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    Denon 3805

• AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    bert26 wrote: »
    You'll find this is a great place that will provide you with endless advice and guidance in your quest for audio perfection. All you really need to bring to the table is a sense a humor, ability to laugh at yourself and a somewhat thick skin (sometimes!).

I think you need to add "disposable income" to the list. Plenty of disposable income and an understanding wife, girlfriend, life-partner, whatever.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850