BIA LP Karma!

SCompRacer
SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms - LP Karma

This karma is open to all CP members (with conditions listed below), except Joe, cause he has thousands of albums already...OK, j/k.:D Joe can enter if he wants, but I know he already has the 180 gram pressing.;) No worries about me doing without as I also have the 180 gram pressing.

The jacket is in good condition, side one of the LP is VG while side two has some scratches but it still plays OK. LP is in poly lined heavy paper inner sleeve and jacket is in poly cover. Original sleeve is included.

A winner will be chosen by random drawing Saturday, June 2nd.

Only conditions are:
  1. You must have a TT
  2. You must declare yourself "in"
  3. You must use all or part of the album title (Brothers In Arms) in a sentence
Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
Post edited by SCompRacer on

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited May 2007
    This album sounds great on CD :D .........j/k. Nice karma, but I don't have a TT.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited May 2007
    Not in but was wondering if this one sounds about the same as the 180 gram version except for quality of the pressing and age/wear of course.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Nice karma Rich! I have a turntable and I am in.:) Tomorrow is Memorial Day and I'd like to thank all of our "Brothers in Arms" for their unselfish courage to our country. God Bless America!
    Carl

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    IN please. I really love this album and would love to have it on vinyl awesome karma IMO
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    My Brothers of the forum, In trying to find the start of "in please", I have to throw up my Arms. I'm in Dire Straights trying to figure out where this came about. The answer seems So Far Away. In my Walk of Life, curiosity is getting the better of me. Why Worry, you might ponder? The Ride across the River to seek knowledge within this One World is a neverending task. Maybe I should ask Mark Knoppler the answer, but The Man's to Strong and I'm afraid he'll beat me up.:p

I have a TT and apparently way too much time on my hands today.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • dudeinaroom
    edited May 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Maybe I should ask Mark Knoppler the answer, but The Man's to Strong and I'm afraid he'll beat me up.:p

While you are at it, why don't you ask him how you can get your money for nothing
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,978
    edited May 2007
    Figures I forgot something...........Oh well:o
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
    Awsome karma. Already have the album so not in.
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited May 2007
    Nice one. I already have on vinyl and dualdisc though. ;)
  • starchaser
    starchaser Posts: 354
    edited May 2007
    Very nice indeed. I miss my Brother in Arms. Rosie, Stegman and Richie I will never forget and thank you for your service.
    In please.

t
    "There's a lot of places driving up and down I-95 that smell like ****" F1Nut
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited May 2007
    In please. How about, "Please Lord, protect our Brothers in Arms as we fight the terrorist that want to kill us."
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited May 2007
    In please. Honor our Brothers In Arms fighting for this country abroad.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited June 2007
    Irene, who just turned 83 years young today, drew the winner. And it is...

starchaser

Please PM me your addy and I'll get this sent out. I have a family emergency on the West coast and may have to fly back out there, so I may not be able to ship the LP to you right away. If that happens, rest assured I will eventually get it sent out.
    star.jpg 101.3K
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • dudeinaroom
    edited June 2007
    Happy dirthday Irene. Congrats starchaser
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    What's a TT???

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited June 2007
    Congrats Starchaser!

Happy Birthday Irene!

Thanks for the nice Karma Rich! BTW, I didn't know you were fond of Nine West hats!?!:p
    Carl

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Irene!!! And congrats Starchaser...

Before I replied before looking at the whole thread.....:o

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2007
    Happy Birthday Irene!

Hope everything is ok Rich :-)

congrats to starchaser.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    Once again I'm almost a week late on a thread. . . how the hell did I miss this one now??

Not in, but great Karma. Records are always a nice surprise!!!!

Congrats starchaser and keep Rich on his toes Irene!!!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2007
    waaaaaaaaaaa to late Joe, congrats bro on the Karma.

You know, only problem, Brother in Arms, one day could be a sequel to the Kentucky version of Brokeback Mountain. YIKES..........

You'all be good now, cuz, son it just aint your day, smiles the state troooper as he reaches for zippper.........

RT1--This RT1 message in no way endorses or dis-endorses any particular lifestyle choices............chill Kentucky. Yea, you Zombie.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    A BROTHER has come to my recue and the been genrious enough to ARM(s) me with a TT so I guess I am IN.

In please. and I'm late again
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited June 2007
    That aint Workin'
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited June 2007
    That aint Workin'

. . . that's the way he does it! Posting ain't for nothin'!
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited June 2007
    Congrats
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited June 2007
    You'all be good now, cuz, son it just aint your day, smiles the state troooper as he reaches for zippper.........

No worries Ted... as I believe the above quote was our Official State Motto between the years of 1971-1982:D
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • starchaser
    edited June 2007
    BIA on LP... For Me!!??!!

This Karma means more to me than I'm able to convey in words. Especially with Irene picking my name on her birthday!

Happy belated Birthday Irene!

My groove is officially back ON!!!
  • starchaser
    edited June 2007
    BIA LP arrived in excellent condition with an added bonus, John Denver's greatest hits...my very first album when I was young boy.

Thank you Rich!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited June 2007
    I dunno .... how do we know that Irene wasn't in on this from the beginning ?

;)
    Sal Palooza