more fun with the religion of love

2»

Comments

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited May 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    You guys really know how to tackle some light topics on the Friday before a holiday weekend, huh? :)

Good point! I'm off to have some beer and BBQ soon! Stay safe Y'all!
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Well, then pardon my comment of skepticism then.

I just can't believe someone who read the Koran didn't notice that it's explicit descriptions were paragraphs long, not just clips and phrases, as you insinuated was the extent of my knowledge of the Koran.

I have read all that, and it's not taken out of context.

Seriosuly, those weren't in there. I promise... I have heard (From the Dilbert Blog) that Scott Adams had the same issue. He read one Koran that matched what you said and then on advice from a Muslim that was shocked by what he was told read another that matched my experience so it's not out of the realm of possibilities that both versions exist.
    ...but lets put this to rest. The point still stands that there is no branch of Islam that's doing much of anything to combat the 'fanatics' who hijacked their religion.

That's just not something that can be denied, and it speaks volumes about the religion.

Agreed 100%

Anyway, beer time....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    Good point! I'm off to have some beer and BBQ soon! Stay safe Y'all!

I'm right there with you Brother!!!! Good weekend everyone!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    Sweet! More religion threads! Look forward to next week's.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    I always was a g@damn trouble maker :D:D:p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    What's funny (sad) is there's little outrage about your original post anywhere.

Too many movies, perhaps?
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    What's funny (sad) is there's little outrage about your original post anywhere.

Too many movies, perhaps?

How about that??? Scary!
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Sweet! More religion threads! Look forward to next week's.

You should feel right at home in that you are an expert on the subject.:D ;):p
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    We started sucking at war the minute politicians (rather than Generals) started calling the shots, PERIOD.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Right on.

I'd like to add polls and the media as well.

I wonder what WWII polls would have looked like when thousands died in one day. Can you imagine the hysteria here now?
  • PolkThug
    edited May 2007
    You should feel right at home in that you are an expert on the subject.:D ;):p

Stop post whoring! I didn't even throw bait out for ya on this thread :D

Hmm, let's see... When thinking of killing in God's name, the first thing I think of is Moses. God commanded him to kill many people, that is if one believes in such stories found in the Bible.
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Stop post whoring!

Nah that would be too easy! Besides I still haven't figured out how participating or posting how to's or giving advise on something I have experience with is post whoring. :)
    I didn't even throw bait out for ya on this thread :D
    Sure ya did and ya reeled me right in!:p
    Hmm, let's see... When thinking of killing in God's name, the first thing I think of is Moses. God commanded him to kill many people, that is if one believes in such stories found in the Bible.

Aw cmon you can do better than that, I can go back to Genesis to find that kind of thing.:eek: :p
  • PolkThug
    edited May 2007
    Aw cmon you can do better than that, I can go back to Genesis to find that kind of thing.:eek: :p

Your stick figure got owned. :D

PolkThug vs hearingimpared
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Your stick figure got owned. :D

PolkThug vs hearingimpared

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D :D:D