aaharvel
aaharvel Posts: 4,489
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
H/K Signature 2.1+235
Jungson MagicBoat II
Revel Performa M-20
Velodyne cht-10 sub
Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
Post edited by aaharvel on

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,183
    edited May 2007
    I can't stand HDMI cables. It's like S video all over again. They fall right out if you move the gear in any way. The better the cable, the heavier it is the easier it is to fall out. Go figure. Cheaper cables are better as they stay in better.
    When it came out, you couldn't switch it. You can now with most gear but it takes awhile for it to pass the signal.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    Hmph, I've never had any problems with them falling out - they're long enough that they tend to stay put for me. S-Video used to be a nightmare though. Word cable design of all time.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited May 2007
    HDMI = Devil.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    I run HDMI for my HD-DVD and BD players, and they do indeed suck. While I have all Blue Jeans cables, very nice and heavy, I have to secure them to the players with velcro.

I will avoid upgrading any audio equipment to HDMI as I am certain something better will soon head our way.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited May 2007
    I am thinking once I get my DLP back and the HDDVR, I will give HDMI a shot, only for video though...
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited May 2007
    I haven't had alick of trouble with the heavier cable that came with my Oppo. The connection to my plasma hangs vertically even.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited May 2007
    My HDMI cable works great, no problems. :D
  • jmwest1970
    jmwest1970 Posts: 846
    edited May 2007
    petrym wrote: »
    My HDMI cable works great, no problems. :D

The same for me. I think one key is not to use "garden hose audiophool" cables. Not that it matters, but I only use for video as well.
  • doggie750
    doggie750 Posts: 1,160
    edited May 2007
    dvi rules!!!
    Godspeed,
    D0661E

AVR:Pioneer Elite SC-07
    Surrounds: RTis
    2channel:Rti100 (carver driven
    Sub:SVS PB12-Plus/2
    Dedicated AMPs:Adcom GFA535, 2xCarver 1.5t, Carver m1.0t
    Wsrn:Hitachi ultra vision LCD60, 32XBR400
    PowerConditioner: MonsterC HTS5100
    PS3, Toshiba HD A2, etc: SonySACD/ Panasonic gears DIVX.

MR3LIGION: Polkaudio; GSXR; E46; Reeftank;
    Odyclub; Xsimulator; Sony; Zune; Canon