I love vinyl records....or do I?

2»

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    The last group of lp's he dumped I got. Mostly elevator music but there were some good ones. My favorite was a burlesque music record. I believe it was called "how to strip for your husband". Really cool sounding songs! Priceless!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2007
    Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never knew there Chucky..............you little devil. Ahh, Mark is to hardcore to trash good stuff.

What's wrong with elevator music, seems to work the elevator reel well. reely.

RT1
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited May 2007
    Well, I was thinking I was maybe getting 75 pieces of crap and a crappy TT for my hard earned $50. But, then I noticed Sound of Music in the box of albums. . . and relief washed over me in an awesome wave!

The Hills are alive, ****! With the sound of vinyl.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2007
    No matter what it is (unless you just know its bad) give it a spin before throwing away. My collection of favorites is all strange looking stuff.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    madmax wrote: »
    No matter what it is (unless you just know its bad) give it a spin before throwing away. My collection of favorites is all strange looking stuff.

Amen. . .One of my most prized LPs is Reference Recording's "Church Windows" it looks really odd and that is reason I picked it out of a crowd of LPs 20 years ago.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited May 2007
    Which version? Julie Andrews or Mary Martin?
    AndyGwis wrote: »
    Well, I was thinking I was maybe getting 75 pieces of crap and a crappy TT for my hard earned $50. But, then I noticed Sound of Music in the box of albums. . . and relief washed over me in an awesome wave!

The Hills are alive, ****! With the sound of vinyl.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited May 2007
    I hope you learned how to striptease for your husband Max.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited May 2007
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Guys into vinyl are about as threatening as the local meter maid, at least in my travels. In the event that they are bigger, they are usually dumber and easily confused with 52 card pickup and wild waving of hands.

ROTFLMAO!

Hey, wait a minute...