Need your help CP!

halo
halo Posts: 5,616
edited June 2007 in The Clubhouse
For those of you who don't know, I have Multiple Sclerosis.

I'm starting this thread because my sister rides in the MS 150 each year. She used to be on the planing commitee and I've seen first hand what a huge effort is required by everyone to make this happen. The event is made up entirely of volunteers.

This year she is way short of her goal so I am asking for your assistance. I figured we could make whatever we raise a donation on behalf of Club Polk (like Darla did with her fellow officer suffering from cancer) to the MS150 by "sponsoring" my sister. Obviously if you are in the area we'd love to have your help as a volunteer. You don't have to donate money - your time and assistance is valuable too!

Here is a direct link to my sister Denise & her role in the MS 150 (LINK).

She rides with Team Alpine, almost all of whom I've gotten to know over the years. I'm the guy in the chair in the team photo.

Anything you can give is appreciated :)

Thanks for your attention :)
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
Post edited by halo on

Comments

• halo
    edited May 2007
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling HTrookie :)
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    Done.

Thanks for posting this Victor. I know people with this disease and how everday life can be a struggle. I admire your courage and your attitude towards your disease. You are a hero in my eyes. Keep up the good work, you're looking good!:)
    Carl

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited May 2007
    Hope it helps. :)
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Carl! Thanks for the kind words :o:)
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Dave! Every contribution helps! You sure you can't make it to the PF this weekend?
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Wanted to thank snow for his contribution :)

Also wanted to thank "Polk" Paul DiComo for donating the I-Sonic to be raffled off at the Chicagoland Polkfest :)

The winner was HTrookie!

My sister was floored by all the "new" donations from everyone here at Club Polk. I gave her the money we raised at the PF this morning which just so happened to be the annual pancake breakfast / final training ride for Team Alpine. All the riders there were EXTREEMLY impressed with the generosity of Club Polk & Polk Audio.

I've said it before & I'll say it again - BIG thanks go out to Polk Audio & Club Polk, from me, my sister, and the millions living with MS for the contributions :) This truely is THE BEST forum out there - BAR NONE!

If I've missed anyone please let me know so that I might give you the credit you deserve :)
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007
    your welcome bro. Stay strong.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2007
    I worked at the MS150 for 4 years straight. Cool thing, lots of very nice bikes too.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    exalted512 wrote: »
    I worked at the MS150 for 4 years straight. Cool thing, lots of very nice bikes too.
    -Cody
    Thats awesome Cody! Thanks for your support :)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited May 2007
    Hey Vic, I just saw this thread. . .I'm in!

Talk about coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences) my cousin Victoria, suffers from a form of MS called Fredrick's Attaxia. I go to her home every Tuesday and cook her a weeks worth of food and do a house cleaning for her.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007

Talk about coincidence (I don't believe in coincidences) my cousin Victoria, suffers from a form of MS called Fredrick's Attaxia. I go to her home every Tuesday and cook her a weeks worth of food and do a house cleaning for her.
    Great joe thats awful nice of ya. Thats the way it should be family taking care of each other and giving back as a whole.

If you have more than you need give some away. Someday it may be your turn to have someone give to you if you need it. It doesnt have to be much, $5-10 donations add up quick if theres enough people giving.

I remember a story about the mohawk indians when the white people came over they said it was easy to figure out when they went to a village who the chief was because he had the smallest house and the worst clothes of anyone there. Made me think a little.:)

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • halo
    edited May 2007

Thank you Joe & Phyllisann!

You've got a big heart broham :) I'm sorry to hear about your cousin :( Victoria is very fortunate to have you in her life :)

snow - I like the way you think :)
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    Thank you Joe & Phyllisann!

You've got a big heart broham :) I'm sorry to hear about your cousin :( Victoria is very fortunate to have you in her life :)

snow - I like the way you think :)

Vic I learned a long, long time ago that when all hell breaks loose and you go through it, and then the dust settles, the smoke subsides, the blood leaves your eyes and you look around and all that is standing near you is God and your family!!!
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Amen to that Joe :)

Thanks again!
  • hearingimpared
    edited May 2007
    Amen to that Joe :)

Thanks again!

You're welcome Brother, I wish I could do more!
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    The level of support from CP has been amazing. Thanks to all that have contributed to the cause.

She still hasn't reached her goal but she is closer now thanks to all of you :)

The ride kicks off at the end of June so there is still time!
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Thank you Mike & Annie! :)

I know that folks aren't exactly hemorrhaging extra cash these days and that makes me appreciate your efforts & contributions more than words can express.
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    Didn't see this ealier. Victor, please email me your addy, I'll mail you a check. Or, I can use Paypal if it works better. Either way, drop me an email.

-fredv-
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    email sent.

Thanks Fred! :)
  • fredv
    fredv Posts: 923
    edited May 2007
    Got it, replied, thanks!!

-fredv-
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Bob(man1235)! :)

You guys are AWESOME!
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    My sister in law has MS as well, I'm happy to help.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    Donation sent courtesy Bad **** Racing! Keep up the fight!
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Thuggy & Bad **** Racing! :)
  • VSchneider
    VSchneider Posts: 443
    edited May 2007
    Victor, can we use check or PayPal?
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    pm sent.

Thanks for your support!
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    Wanted to thank MBBL, Goose, Bigfish, & Bubba! My sis doesn't have a clue (and neither do I) as to who you really are :confused::) .
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    VSchneider wrote: »
    Victor, can we use check or PayPal?

same here please inform me.

thanks
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,670
    edited May 2007
    Wanted to thank MBBL, Goose, Bigfish, & Bubba! My sis doesn't have a clue (and neither do I) as to who you really are :confused::) .

I am .....

The Flatulent Phantom.jpg

Yeah, that's right ! I ...... uh ..... wait a second .....

Hey ! Which one of you bastages put "Flatulent" in my Phantom pic ?

Well, here's a pic of 2 handsome guys: (Bubba and MBBL)

Steven with Grandpa.jpg

Here's a pic of 2 good-looking guys: (Bubba and Goose,oldest son)

Bubba and Goose.bmp

Here's a pic of a ****: (BigFish, youngest son)

BigFish.jpg

No, not her .... HIM ! Hahahahahaha .... uh .... just a second ....

Yeah, that's right ... I called you a **** .... that'll teach you to mess with my Phantom pic

We're just a merry band of malcontents, n'eer do wells, anarchists, and hard-heads, out to make the world safe for democracy.

and with a soft spot for chicks in biker pants

Huh ? Hey, you guys get the guy in diapers to shut up, willya ?

Good luck to you and your sister !

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    engtaz wrote: »
    same here please inform me.

thanks
    Hi guys, a check is better. Make it out to the NMSS (National Multiple Sclerosis Society).

send me a pm or an email for the addy.

Thanks

engtaz I'm sending you the info in a pm.