edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
That's right....your own R2-D2

Miniature R/C R2-D2 from Japan for $30.00
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Cute but don't show it to my 6 year old he already has the voice command one.
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    I thought you meant a Segway
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited May 2007
    Segway, talk about something that never went anywhere.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited May 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Segway, talk about something that never went anywhere.

What did you expect? Highway travel? They are all over DC, although I haven't seen any in SE. TSA uses them at the airport as well.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    I never understood the point of the Segway. Maybe for the elderly or slightly disabled.... but anyone who could walk, they don't go much faster than regular walking, and couldn't we as a society use a bit more exercise? And sure, they're electric, but that electricity is generated somewhere, so they're not all that ecological compared to the alternatives (walking, biking).
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2007
    I'd bet real money that you couldn't walk faster than a segway.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited May 2007
    Hah, sorry for the thread hijack.

I just thought they looked ridiculous enough to be cool. And after seeing Gob on one in Arrested Development (and how comical his interactions with it were) I was hooked.

I'd never waste the money, but it would be fun to have...and of course you'd have to put 100 spoke 20's and knobby tires on it for full effect :)
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited May 2007
    * Black Key — for beginners. Slowest speed (electronically limited to no more than 6 mph); slower turning rate.
    * Yellow Key — for intermediate users and/or sidewalks. Faster speed-up to 8 mph; faster turning rate.
    * Red Key — for more advanced users in open areas. Maximum speed-up to 10 mph on p-Series and 12.5mph on i-Series; and max turning rate.

So the average human at a fast walk is what? 4MPH? So the Segway goes 2 or 3 times that. Admittedly significantly faster, but doesn't seem worth the :
    - very high cost
    - hassle of having to "park" it
    - annoyance of pedestrians having to deal with yet another big lunky thing moving down the sidewalk
    - further fattening of an already obese society

Just my opinion, they have their uses, but aren't as "groundbreaking" as they were advertised pre-release.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,183
    edited May 2007
    Ahh he rules, I want one. Thats freaking awesome.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dorokusai
    edited May 2007