It's going to be a sad week!

dkg999
dkg999 Posts: 5,647
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
One of my best friends, business mentors, and hunting partners passed on to the great deer camp in the sky this weekend :( He went in for surgery a few months ago and they found that he was full of cancer. He was a fighter to the end, and this will leave a void in my life that will be tough to fill. No matter what the problem I was having at work, to the end Mac always had some wisdom from his lifetime in the highest levels of big corporate America that he could give me to help me find a solution. He was one of those rare people who could slug it out at the C level of Boeing Co. all week, and be down at the feed store having coffee with the farmers in the small Missouri town he grew up in on Saturday morning.

I'll be heading to Kansas City on Monday afternoon for the funeral on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to the IL Polkfest this upcoming weekend so I can cheer up :)
DKG999
HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
Post edited by dkg999 on

Comments

• dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    Sorry to hear of this, just remember the good times.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited May 2007
    condolances on your friend.

REGARDS SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited May 2007
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family. As in other thread your grief is felt.

Dave
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    Sorry for your loss bro.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Prayer sent
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited May 2007
    I am sorry to hear of the loss of your best friend Doug. Condolances to you and the family. See you at the fest.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited May 2007
    This is sad news. Condolences to his family and friends. RIP.
    Carl