just got my yellow belt in Krav Maga

2»

Comments

• wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    I have seen and been in many a fight and every single one has ended up on the ground. I have never cuffed them standing up when they fight and I have never seen it happen. In a regular street fight I would say if it is a serious mismatch then one guy might be standing.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    Makes sense that when your cuffing a fighter, you have to go to the ground to do it. not much of a choice there i guess. There is a difference between having to think about subduing a suspect and just flat out survival. its why I hold law enforcement in such high regard.

I hate fighting, but have had to on occasion. some have gone to the ground. a scant few have tried to get me on the ground and suceeded, and some failed miserably. being 340 lbs helps in that regard.

its funny, my size gives me an advantage on the ground. one night, some of the guys in class took turns trying to get me in a triangle, just for fun. one guy came alot closer than I liked, but none fully suceeded. I defend on the ground well and yet I still hate being on the ground. go figure

if someone goes to the ground on his own, I aint following. I'm throwing whatever isnt nailed down at him instead. Said it before, I'm a dirty fighter :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    I have seen and been in many a fight and every single one has ended up on the ground. I have never cuffed them standing up when they fight and I have never seen it happen. In a regular street fight I would say if it is a serious mismatch then one guy might be standing.

Too bad you have to play by the rules, I nice baton to their jaw bone would ensure your upright posture and their fetal position. :D
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    one night, some of the guys in class took turns trying to get me in a triangle, just for fun. one guy came alot closer than I liked, but none fully suceeded.

Dear Playgirl, I never thought this would happen to me...
  • wingnut4772
    edited May 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Too bad you have to play by the rules, I nice baton to their jaw bone would ensure your upright posture and their fetal position. :D

You would think so but it doesn't work like that.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited May 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Dear Playgirl, I never thought this would happen to me...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited May 2007

Darla, do you use the shoulder pin then transition to a wrist lock before cuffing your suspect on the ground? These are the techniques that the Southern California law enforcement officers often use on non-complying suspects.
  • wingnut4772
    edited May 2007
    kingtut wrote: »
    Darla, do you use the shoulder pin then transition to a wrist lock before cuffing your suspect on the ground? These are the techniques that the Southern California law enforcement officers often use on non-complying suspects.
    If you can. Sometimes you just have to get in there and make stuff up or combine techniques. I have used a sleeper hold once or twice.:p
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

• kingtut
    kingtut Posts: 813
    edited May 2007
    Is the sleeper hold the same as the carotid restraint hold? .
  • wingnut4772
    edited May 2007
    kingtut wrote: »
    Is the sleeper hold the same as the carotid restraint hold? .

Yes.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch