Welcome Spacedeckman.

cmy330go
cmy330go Posts: 2,341
edited May 2007 in The Clubhouse
Just wanted to welcome a friend of mine (Spacedeckman) to the club. Don't ask me what his user-name means. I can only assume it's a Nottingham turntable reference. Which doesn't make sense to me because I know he has a very close relationship with his VPI Scout.

Anyway...don't let his post count fool you. He is by no means a rookie to audio.

Go easy on him as he learns the ropes.:D
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
Post edited by cmy330go on

Comments

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited May 2007
    Welcome Spacedeckman!!!

Having an "insider" won't keep you out of trouble :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • zombie boy 2000
    zombie boy 2000 Posts: 6,641
    edited May 2007
    Greetings and Welcome to the Forum!
    I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.Herman Blume - Rushmore
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2007
    Welcome!
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited May 2007
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited May 2007
    Greetings, spacedeckman! Welcome to planet earth! We hope your stay here is enjoyable.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • G-2
    G-2 Posts: 533
    edited May 2007
    Greetings and welcome! Stay awhile...
    Home Theater
    Chane
    A3rx-c's, A2rc-c, A1rx-c's|Miller & Kreisel V-125's|Sony XBR65X810C 65" 4K LED TV|
    Earthquake Cinenova Grande-5|Pioneer Elite - VSX-84TXSi-AVR|TRIPPLITE LCR2400|
    Ultrasonic Amp Stand|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|

2 - Channel
    Polk
    RTA 12c's w/RDO194 TWEETS, clarity ESA caps mills resistors (full mod)|Turntable|
    Anthem MCA 2|Acurus Act 3 Pre Pro|Parasound P/Ph 100|Pioneer Elite N-30|Adcom GDA600|
    Premier Rack|Blue Jeans,Audioquest,Monster Cables|
  • Spacedeckman
    Spacedeckman Posts: 96
    edited May 2007
    It is indeed a Nottingham reference. Wanted the Spacedeck, but got a deal I couldn't refuse on the VPI, an overall excellent 'table.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I can handle my end of whatever trouble I get myself into.

Mark
    System:

VPI Scout/Benz Ace
    Sutherland PH2000
    Arcam CD72
    Yamaha DVD-CX1 (primarily for CD..26 lbs, all BB D/A)
    Audioprism Mantissa w/Reference PS
    Parasound HCA750 (temporary)
    Audiovector M1 Signatures
    Kimber 4TC x 2
  • cmy330go
    edited May 2007
    ....Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I can handle my end of whatever trouble I get myself into.

Mark

We'll see about that.;)
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • dudeinaroom
    dudeinaroom Posts: 3,609
    edited May 2007
    Welcome to the show
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited May 2007
    Nanu Nanu (Mork talk, I think):)
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,668
    edited May 2007
    It is indeed a Nottingham reference. Wanted the Spacedeck, but got a deal I couldn't refuse on the VPI, an overall excellent 'table.

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure I can handle my end of whatever trouble I get myself into.

Mark

Welcome, Mark. You might find it interesting to put your gear in your signature; that way the old grouches on here can clue you in to where you went wrong. ;)

Also, the members seem to really get excited if you include a cat picture ....
    ....or two ...... with each post. A lot of cat lovers on Club Polk and, well ....
    .... just trying to help out.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited May 2007
    I'll set his Putz-o-Meter reading at zero for the time being.

Just hacking, welcome aboard, broham.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited May 2007
    Welcome
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited May 2007
    ^ what he said :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited May 2007
    Welcome Mark!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited May 2007
    Welcome Mark. Enjoy.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Spacedeckman
    edited May 2007
    Welcome, Mark. You might find it interesting to put your gear in your signature; that way the old grouches on here can clue you in to where you went wrong. ;)

Also, the members seem to really get excited if you include a cat picture ....
    ....or two ...... with each post. A lot of cat lovers on Club Polk and, well ....
    .... just trying to help out.

:)

Done
    System:

VPI Scout/Benz Ace
    Sutherland PH2000
    Arcam CD72
    Kimber 4TC x 2
  • Nisqually Dave
    Nisqually Dave Posts: 220
    edited May 2007
    The best thing to do though is to reply to every post here, just to get your numbers up. They will love and respect you for that. ;)

And the most favorite discussion is about the quality of Bose systems and how we should all have one to gauge the the quality of our other equipment.

Welcome
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    SCompRacer's Spacedeck: (showcase)

218_72_big.jpg
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • cmy330go
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    SCompRacer's Spacedeck: (showcase)

Wow. I don't think I had ever seen his showcase. That's a pretty sweet rig.
    HT

2 CH
  • engtaz
    edited May 2007
    Wa Wa Wow that's sweet
    engtaz

• halo
    edited May 2007
    cmy330go wrote: »
    Wow. I don't think I had ever seen his showcase. That's a pretty sweet rig.
    I agree :) That is why I tried to (pretty much) duplicate it for myself ;):D
  • cmy330go
    edited May 2007
    Halo wrote: »
    I agree :) That is why I tried to (pretty much) duplicate it for myself ;):D

But you missed the most important part....a turntable!;)
    HT

2 CH
  • halo
    edited May 2007
    A TT is nice but that isn't for me ;) Not dissing it, just saying it 'ain't what I'm after and, in all fairness, when I first heard his rig...there was no TT in it.
  • Spacedeckman
    edited May 2007
    For those who do play vinyl, the interesting thing is that it is easy to go from playing CDs to vinyl, but very hard to go from vinyl to CD. Personally, I get bored when I change over to CD from vinyl. Some "there" just isn't "there". It's not that I don't like CD playback, I really do. It just has limitations, and if you understood what the redbook standard was to reality, complicated by the time period it was created in, it wouldn't take much convincing on anyone's part either.

CD is a compromised medium. A good medium, but compromised. Vinyl does not have those compromises, rather it has different ones, most overcome with quality vinyl.

Mark
    System:

VPI Scout/Benz Ace
    Sutherland PH2000
    Arcam CD72
    Kimber 4TC x 2
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited May 2007
    CD is a compromised medium. A good medium, but compromised. Vinyl does not have those compromises, rather it has different ones, most overcome with quality vinyl.

Chapter 2, verse one, two and three - Audio Bible.

Welcome friend!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited May 2007
    welcome aboard
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • engtaz
    edited May 2007
    For those who do play vinyl, the interesting thing is that it is easy to go from playing CDs to vinyl, but very hard to go from vinyl to CD. Personally, I get bored when I change over to CD from vinyl. Some "there" just isn't "there". It's not that I don't like CD playback, I really do. It just has limitations, and if you understood what the redbook standard was to reality, complicated by the time period it was created in, it wouldn't take much convincing on anyone's part either.

Mark

What a great way to put it. Well said.
    engtaz

• TennesseeOutlaw
    TennesseeOutlaw Posts: 414
    edited May 2007
    Gerd yer loins!!

Welcome..
  • engtaz
    edited May 2007
    Gerd yer loins!!

Welcome..

well put LOL
    engtaz